Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

So, you are worried that the additional skill maximum that you gained in for example Incantation theory from 10 to 12 will be nullified and worthless in year 2 when everyones skill maximum is set to 20?

Is that what you were trying to say Swartz?

I don't know what the plans are, but I would have added a new skill called, Advanced Incantation Theory or intermediate Incantation theory. with skill levels ranging from 1-10 and having the maximum stay at 3-5 until you reach levle 10 in the basic skill. With the reasoning that you need good basics to advance your understanding and grasp of more complicated concepts. And then add similar skills to each skill tree.

This way students that struggle with the basics might still be able to barely stay with the class on the more advanced courses but their grades and skill in more advanced abilities won't be very good until they studdy and train their skill sets. Having a base skill level beyond 10 could add one to the skill level maximum for the more advanced skill set of the same type.

albert and Schwarzbart;

The Skill Maximum for Year 2 will be 20, but it's not likely you will advance your Skills to that Level. For one, it's difficult. For two, it may or may not be useful to your goals to do so. That's all I can say just now. :)

Does the Bonus Skill Maximum from Research and etc carry over to Year ?

I mean for example, if your Maximum Skill Level Theory of Incantation get expanded by 1 due to research, it will be 11 in Year 1.

For this student, will the Maximum Skill Level Theory of Incantation in Year 2 be 21 (because of the research bonus), or 20 like everyone else?

albert and Schwarzbart;

The Skill Maximum for Year 2 will be 20, but it's not likely you will advance your Skills to that Level. For one, it's difficult. For two, it may or may not be useful to your goals to do so. That's all I can say just now. :)

Useful as in no Quests or event's will benefit from havign 20 of a skill instead of 18? Does that include exams and studdy results aswell?

Can we get some Background that affect how well the family did during year 1 when whe import the char in year 2? So the player can either get Background Points from it because his family droped in wealth level or spend a Background point so the high biweekly payment not drop ^^.

No I talking about changing the level of wealth depending on the level you picked in year 1. It is already confirmed that some Students wont get a so high biweekly payment any more because the calculation will change and will depend in year 2 also on the wealth level of your family. Taking this into account its just fair that the player should be allowed to change the wealth level when he have to pick some new family backgrounds in year 2.

No I talking about changing the level of wealth depending on the level you picked in year 1. It is already confirmed that some Students wont get a so high biweekly payment any more because the calculation will change and will depend in year 2 also on the wealth level of your family. Taking this into account its just fair that the player should be allowed to change the wealth level when he have to pick some new family backgrounds in year 2.

Maybe the player will be able to affect it by helping the family... Helping improve the family farms yield of crops by using his her new bothanical knowledge and agricultural skills. Or by helping the family bissiness by helping out with the book keeping and financial records and settign the straight increasing the effiency and competiveness of the family bussiness.

Perhaps help the family with their realations with other people in the community.

Helping out with legal issues and lawsuits.

Perhaps paint some paintings, help arrange a party that reflects possitively on the familys social standing.

Help with negotiations, or teach some family members a few of the things he/she has learned that might help the family out. Or simply butter them all up for more parrental approval and hope it will help them get a better allowance.

Some family adventure during the summer break would be great, helping the family and having the quests depend on the characters background.

The level of succes could alter Parrental approval or family wealth and recognition in society. Perhaps a few points of glory aswell, no idea how that glory thing works but... It sounds like something that reflects respect among peers and society at large.

For Station: Up from Destitution

Option 1: (At least 1000 pims+ at the end of the school year) You brought back enough money to lift your family out of poverty?

Option 2: (Very high Luck attribute) Your family experience a sudden windfall while you were away?

Option 3: (High Luck + Descended from Heroes / Royalty / Secret Heritage) Your family found a rare artifact and sold it?

Option 1 cost no point. Option 2 and 3 cost a point.

---------

For Station: Well-to-Do

Option 1: (+1 Background Point, No Station: Wealthy) Your family experience a little financial crisis. Not enough to get into poverty, but still they will be cutting your allowance / make you get a job.

---------

For Station: Merchant

Option 1: (+1 Background Point, No Station: Wealthy) Your family experience a little financial crisis. Not enough to get into poverty, but still they will be cutting your allowance / make you get a job.

Option 2: (+2 Background Point) A bad deal sent your entire family business crashing. Your family is now in poverty, and they are not prepared for it.

Do you guys mean something similar to this? (Station: Wealthy seems to me that it makes the player family only just a little bit less wealthy than Catherine Chard, so any money trouble enough to get rid of Station: Wealthy seems like that you will never be able to work it off.)

Do you guys mean something similar to this? (Station: Wealthy seems to me that it makes the player family only just a little bit less wealthy than Catherine Chard, so any money trouble enough to get rid of Station: Wealthy seems like that you will never be able to work it off.)

The depends, if the loss can be solved legaly... Maybe it was a bad deal or the family got conned and there might be a possibility get the money back legaly... Noy by selling ice cream cones but by suing the people responsible for it. Or by working out the problem and recovering the loss.

I have a thought about edible things like muffins and potions and similar... Does it really have to be scheduled and take the equivalent of several hours to take a quick snack? If you got it in your backpack? Maybe an option to eat your snack or breakfast before heading out on your daily activities? While in the preparation window.

I can see how a more social dinner or meal can take more time but a quick snack? Muffin? candy? It's not like the effects beats most other actions either way... When I gined those things they usualy ended up decaying since it was too time consuming to use them.

albert;

Yeah, the method of using these kinds of 'instant' Items is changing, not to worry. ;)

CP;

Oh yes. Yes, it is definitely possible. :)

Good to hear :) It was minor thing but it still feelt wrong to schedule candy eating or muffin eating :D

These are just suggestions and I apologize if I offend any of the genders here, it isn't my intention!

In the interest of befriending same-sex nps, I propose adding 2 skills, both gender specific:

Join the games - There is always some physical fun to be had on campus, but it can be terrifying to do them alone! Pick a friend and force them along.

2 Relationship with a fellow male student, +1 random Rimbal or maybe +1 random athletics (or maybe none, or maybe lowering the relationship but keeping the added bonus)

Maybe should require some minimum befriend or rimbal or maybe a social skills, or maybe a roll in any of these.

Gather the gossip - Did you hear? How scandalous! You don't say! You have to tell the great news to someone!

2 Relationship with a fellow female student, +1 random gossip or befriend. Like the above maybe just 1 relation and one gossip, or none gossip and 2 relations. Maybe some requirement or maybe a roll?

In the Detention Adventure where the player and some other Students (including a unknown Student) get looked in a room. How about using a typicial P&P RPG responbce there "When in doubt if you can go trough a door why not make your own exit right trough the wall" with Revision the player have the tools in the hand to open go trough and then close it. (because I played trough this adventure some time ago I'm not 100% sure if it is not in already)