Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

It has that in common with MAss effect, the story and actions you made are to some extent moved over to the next year, least grades and adventure markers I guess, and friends maybe.

I just hope Academagia wont give us an ending like ME3 :P

Here is my reimmagining of an Academagia version of the ME3 endings!

Ending of year 5:

Secret legate(the real one, the other is just an actor): You have now finnished school, and those few of you who are in this room interests me the most, I will consume your life force and power and knowledge and become greater still.

You: What about us? What will happen to us?

Secret legate(the real one, the other is just an actor): You will rejoice and feel proud that you won the grand price, you sacrifise meens that this island gets to live, I won't have to destroy this island aswell, as I did Monteon when they lacked the power to sustain my life and I was forced to resort to consume the whole island, and belive me, that was a huge waste of power seeing as the distance to some of the consumed souls and life force made it weaken before I was able to absorb it.

There is no escaping this room, and if you do the whole Island will die!

Choices: For the gifted.

A: Accept the sacrifice willingly and save the island.

B: Try to puch a hole in the warding on the walls and gate out, and keep gating until you're off the island, (You will likely die in the process along with the rest of the Island.

C: Challenge this abomination who is likely a thousand times stronger, to a duel and get the honor being the first to get your lifeforce drain with little or no resistance offered.....

Time to make a choice!

Choices: For the ungifted.

The Legate actor(that everyone thinks is the real Legate) begins taking:

You have all Passed the rigorous and taxing education of the Academagia the most prestigeous University for magic in the known world!

Unfortunately as you might have noticed several of our most talented young mages hasn't been able to join you.

They have been detained for gates and or Mastery use.

It is unfortunate that we have these accident's every year but the Law exists for a reason! And lets never... "boom"

(There is an explosion up in one of the towers of the Academagia)

Seconds later Marchant steps out of a portal with a hurried horrified look;

The Legate actor(that everyone thinks is the real Legate) begins taking:

Quickly stop Mr Marchant, he's one of them!

(The Legate Actor begins dispelling Marchants wards and protection)

Choices:

A: Apprehend Marchant and maybe you get a reward! (He seems weakened by his massive abuse of Magic and the mayhem he caused) Probably your best chance ot get back at him for all he did to you over the years!

(After pickign this option you appregend Marchant who's too weakened to fight both you and the "Legate" and from what ever other destructive spells and gates spells he used) (You also get rewarded with a visit to a most important person the last highlight of your life... Well the last of everything, apparently he decided you were worthy of his attention aswell)

B: Throw yourself to the ground and try to avoid gettign caught in the cross fire.

;;;; Moments later Merchant is gone and there is a massive swirling maelstorm of magic forming around the Academagia that later envelops the whole Island, this would later be known as the second Calamity! Noone was left to tell the tale of what happend....

Now What do you think of my Academagia Version of the Mass Effect 3 ending? :rolleyes:

My take:

Above the epic battles between Dragons and wizards, before the Giant Unobtainium Gate capable of summoning a spell that will destroy all dragons, is... Gera?

The ugly, revolting, glowing kid sneer at you.

"I am the mastermind behind the dragon attacks, you see, because the five years at Academagia has taught me that the abuse of magic will lead human to extinction! By using dragons to kill all humans, magic won't be able to lead human to extinction! Although seeing you suddenly make me want to fuse all the humans into dragons!"

Exit 1: Ambush. Punch the little jerk!

-As you deliver him an uppercut, knocking out all his teeth in the process, all the dragons immediately fall down, dead. Unfortunately they landed on all the familiars and caused a magical explosion that kill everything that isn't human. Also magic and culture disappear just to make it worse.

Exit 2: Gates. Fuse EVERYTHING.

-The Gate opens and ugly light surround the world and every single object in the world grow dragon scales and teeth, including your shoes and underwear. The dragons grow a double layer of scale and dies from suffocation while the rest of the world dies from having their organs grow scales impaling themselves from within.

Exit 3: Walk away.

-You tried to walk away but dies in three steps from your wounds. The rest of the islands are overrun by dragons, but a new set of islands float up a few days later with a new species that eventually defeated the dragons as Honors' poems tipped them off.

Yeah, I can't believe how hard Bioware dropped the ball there. ME3 was golden right up to the Final entry of the citadel, and from what I've seen, the expanded ending cut only picked the pieces of the ball up and simply gave them back to us.

I don't think it's Bioware's fault as much as EA's but either way I'm not touching one of their newer games again for a long time.

ANYWAY!!

I think that we can steer this thread back from it's hijacked course setting yet...

Mad Hat & CremePudding the problem with fixed times is that you have to expect that the player didn't train up enough to make it trough any rolls.

Like the forced start of Pamela where I usualy have only one blue posibility to get trough it.

You have to make the difficulty in this cases so that players that just go to his class and only use the free rest timeslots to also can do it without special wasted timeslots on training this skills in oposit if it is a adventure where you can expect the player already waited till he have a chance.

Personal I also don't like this Balloon Day Adventure as I never can remember when it comes up.

(I know I suggested to force start this Class Adventures also once but the Ballon Day Adventure have changed my mind)

Mad Hat & CremePudding the problem with fixed times is that you have to expect that the player didn't train up enough to make it trough any rolls.

Like the forced start of Pamela where I usualy have only one blue posibility to get trough it.

You have to make the difficulty in this cases so that players that just go to his class and only use the free rest timeslots to also can do it without special wasted timeslots on training this skills in oposit if it is a adventure where you can expect the player already waited till he have a chance.

Personal I also don't like this Balloon Day Adventure as I never can remember when it comes up.

(I know I suggested to force start this Class Adventures also once but the Ballon Day Adventure have changed my mind)

There are only 10 scenes to go by (so you can wait for a month before the first scene trigger), the rolls required are generally pretty low (many options don't even need a roll), most failures have little to no penalty (and actually some benefit), and we can always ask the team to remove the penalties if really needed.

It's to encourage people to attend class, after all ;)

I will repeat my suggestion here

I am unsure if the following was requested or not, so I make this maybe redundant request:

[Request]My Little Journal

This will be a column that lead to several column/categories that provide short and concise information that we need, that it's hard to check.

Adventure: Completed (this is to brag to ourself) plus sometimes it's necessary to check between various char's progress.

Adventure: Ongoing (a note of failed checks)

Adventure: Failed Completely

Grade: Midterm grades

Base stats and skill (basic stat plus permanent bonus)

List of starting perks/backgrounds

List of alphabetical subskills. Hover on each will show its parental skill. Currently, the only way to have a list is click on Relation, choose a member of our clique, click on her Clique, click our name. The list is the expanded version of our current list of skills, so it's not alphabetical

List of known emotion (ever experienced)

List of known astrological effects (ever achieved)

And an option to export this little journal into one text file right then and there, so we can peruse it right at that moment.

[Request] More use out of the right section

The right section is in use for various columns and in History. I'd like them to be in more use during events, so that we know the option we just choose give us what SS

Export is especially needful for powergamer. Some may say triple Cleanse and Remake is a good and speedy way to learn skills, but I am not so sure. Yet the only way to know if that way or this way is more effective is by compare exported character list.

And to clarify:

[Request] More use out of the right section

The right section is in use for various columns and in History. I'd like them to be in more use during events, so that we know the option we just choose give us what SS.

For example: it should show which skill got test, how big a reward...

Your Analyze was put to the test: roll 27 versus 15.

Result: Your Perception is expanded 2 Steps. One Picture Frame of Untold Age is added to your inventory.

Afternoon: Your attempt at skipping class FAIL: roll ... versus ...

Result: Professor Briardi caught you during Revision class.

Your attempt at getting out of punishment: roll 10 versus 7

Result: Professor Briardi forgive your infraction. Your relation with Professor Briardi decrease 2 steps.