Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

There is actually also a spell called The Familiar's Gift (very similar name) and it lets you lend your attributes to your familiar. I've seen it awarded to me but it's never appeared in my spell list and I assumed it was because I was missing a pheme or something...

The Phemes for that spell is Blood, Empower and Familiar, maybe you do miss one?

Oh, and sorry about giving you misdirections, Cyx :)

Yeah, you're most likely missing the Empower Pheme (this was my problem), which can only be unlocked by leveling Field Medicine to 8. Maybe there should be a list of spells that you know, but lack the Phemes to cast? For example the Master spell (Mastery 10) needs the Order Pheme, which is unlocked by Mastery Phemes 11. If the player doesn't know that, it would be easy to think of as a bug.

CremePudding - No problem, I was able to figure it out, though someone should add the spell to the Wiki.

You can, yes, but with all the spell in know after little more than half a year (Enchant, Astrology, Revision, Glamour and Negation in class, Incantation at Esteban Contu's, Gates at Schohanwicht and Mastery as a side project) I honestly can't find the energy to try that.

And Year Two would probably have even more spells, they have to categorize those (Duel/Non duel, Roll/No roll, Damage/No Damage and Hostile/Non hostile for example), so maybe a list of spells that you almost know would be good.

• 2 weeks later...

Cyx;

No, but the Arid Pheme, in general, is difficult to work with. There are a few others Phemes like that, which are a bit hard to implement.

I've noticed that in one of my playthroughs, hopefully it will be explained in more detail in Y2.

And maybe the knowledge and understanding in the description, would differ depending on the students knowledge? Or maybe that would be anoying from a player perspective, I don't know. But being able to unlock additional ways to counter/bridging difficulties would be interesting.

I've noticed that in one of my playthroughs, hopefully it will be explained in more detail in Y2.

And maybe the knowledge and understanding in the description, would differ depending on the students knowledge? Or maybe that would be anoying from a player perspective, I don't know. But being able to unlock additional ways to counter/bridging difficulties would be interesting.

There's a "Secret Description" tab in the modset when you are looking at students. If you are informed about them, you see this additional description. Maybe it could be a plausible way for what you suggest (at least the description bit)?

• 2 weeks later...

Someone who has a lot of dangerou enemies liek gates mages and mastery mages and perhaps a dragon or two being upset at them... Couldn't they someone how put together a plot where they bring them all together and make them destroy each other? then you walk in and finnish of or capture whoever or whatever is left after the party end! That would be one interesting way to tie up a lot of adventures in one adventure. Maybe by having tags for a certain few adventures and endings that could lead up to a special quest that's really hard to pull off but where you can accomplish a small miracle of plotting and war strategy! Divide and conquer! Just like that manipulative king... Whatever his name was... Could even use some Glamours to trick them even further! so plotting, strategy, glamours and Caligraphy/forgery.. Lots of fun!

Probably been suggested but something fairly basic that I'd love to see in year 2 - Rename your clique and familiar. I'm pretty happy with this characters clique name, but I really wish I'd named my familiar something other than the default (I kind of want to name my shade something other than Shadow!).

A bit harder but I'd love to have is an ability to have lore items cross reference each other that allows you to tie the related lores/locations/phemes/spells into a lexical narrative that lets you go to related items without having to find them in the index (which isn't bad when they're next to each other, but is really frustrating when they're all over the place and you want to find out what happens next in a story/myth/legend/history).

Textual search through the lores would also be handy (and possibly easier than key words all tying related lore together). I thought of it because I wanted to see if my character knew anything else about Umbrius Caius Abominatus in the Grim Occurrence adventure.

I'm sure some (or all of this) has been asked before, but I haven't followed this thread very thoroughly so I apologize if it has been.

• 1 month later...

While its probably because it is impratical or pointless, but i feel it is a little strange that members of your clique provide the PC with a little bonus but the PC doesn't do anything for the clique at all.

Then every AI student in the school woudl try to be my friend just to get the bonuses of my massive skills! Just imagine all that "Tried to make friends" spam :P