Black Chicken Studios Forums

First thoughts?

Ashrayne

So I bought the game this evening and the sheer amount of detail and customization options to choose from boggles the mind! I also ADORE the soundtrack.

I noticed I couldn't seem to click on the scroll down buttons in certain menus like the one where you pick what skill to train. I'm not sure if I'm just being blond and clicking the wrong place. I'm talented like that. I'm clicking on the words "scroll down" on the little gold button and nothing happens. Surely there are more skills to train past Engineering since the list is alphabetical.

Also, I read the color coding instructions quoted below:

Story paths are color coded by difficulty, to help you choose the ones that you will be most successful at:

Green: You cannot fail (You are Christopher Walken).

Blue: You have a good chance at success (You are Christian Bale).

Black: You have an even chance at success (You are Sandra Bullock).

Orange: You have a low chance at success (You are Vin Diesel in those Fast & Furious Movies).

Red: You will fail, without extraordinary circumstances (You are Lindsay Lohan).

Umm, I'm getting story options in purple. What does purple mean? Epic fail (You are that vampire extra with the most awesome death scene ever put on film from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie)? XD

Ash;

I am boggling. I could have sworn we pulled Purple out. In fact, I told someone that earlier today. :lol:

Purple means that you cannot succeed at all, short of a chance of success applied to the Roll- those are very rare to come by, though.

As for the 'scroll down' clicking- you have caught a very serious bug: Thank you. Until we can get that corrected, please use your mouse wheel to scroll down (if you have one). I am urgently looking into a hotfix right now.

Edit: See this thread for instructions on the hotfix, if you do not have a mousewheel: http://academagia.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=519

Oh and the list of the 83 other students seems to suffer from the same scroller button problem sporadically. I was able to scroll through the full list when I started playing and then the scroll buttons stopped responding and I got stuck only able to view a handful. Check those buttons too when you do your patch? It could just be my computer being weird hehe.

Orange;

Hmmm. OK, I need to spend more time on this (confusing) issue. At first I had believed that Purple was removed, now it seems it is back, and not working as intended. :lol:

Let me bring up my game, do some tests, and I will respond.

To confirm: you are seeing the Purple choices in Stories, I believe? To make sure, is it possible that what you are thinking of Purple is Blue? Your rate of success would be in line with Blue choices.

Yepp, definitely purple, and they only appear in adventures (at least I think so, will test it again in a moment). But when I think of it, I had a lot of success with red choices, too. (To be more precise, I'm quite far into the first year with that character, and perhaps he has just become so awesome, that he can't fail at all, no matter what I'm choosing? :lol: )

Archived