Black Chicken Studios Forums

Old "Patches, Hot Fixes" Thread

Hawkey

Can you please explain what you mean this.

And restores this feature:

3) Fix: Location Descriptions are now viewable.

Thought you add now the information window for the locations, as you have to pick one for your actions. But it doesn't look different then before. I could still nowhere find an information about them and which affects what attribute/action. Would be usefull to know their influences ;)

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hawkey;

In the Lore tab, you can see all the Locations that you know. If you click on these you can read their Description as well as see their Chance of Discovery and all Abilities they may have (that you meet the Prerequisites for, that is.)

Previously, the Location Description did not show. :P

After installing this patch my saves won't load ;) Is this intentional?

EDIT: Luckily I can still start a new game!

I started a new game after patching and the behavior on success chance (at least with respect to the coloring) seems to be a lot better. If I have only a few points in a skill, it actually looks like it is making more of a difference. Previously it felt like you really had to pour tons of work into a skill to get any benefit out of it at all.

Not sure to what to attribute the difference, but it definitely feels better.

After installing this patch my saves won't load ;) Is this intentional?

EDIT: Luckily I can still start a new game!

I found the same problem, Vanan, (and sent an email about it). After installing the patch I can't access my old saves either (but I can start a new game, save files and access those). I have my fingers crossed that there will be a fix, I really don't want to lose my current game. Now if only I could work out where the save files are meant to live or what it's called.

I'm trying to install this 1a patch.

It downloaded and opened fine, but when I try to copy and place it into the game's folder, the computer won't let me, saying I need administrator access. Far as I know, I have that (I can run the game as an administrator, which is the only way it'll play on my system), but I see no option to paste the two files into this folder as an administrator.

How can I do this?

Impet;

I do not have experience with this particular problem, but a quick search indicates that it may be related to the permissions you have on your profile. If you right-click on the Academagia folder, and go to the Security tab, you'll be able to see the permissions for the various profiles on your computer. I suspect that you'll need full control.

Another thing you might try (and this is just a guess)- you could remove the files which are being over written by the patch, saving them somewhere safe for the moment, and then try to move the new files into the directory. It might just be a problem with overwriting, in which case this method (although laborious) should work.

Let me know if this solves your issue. UAC can be a pain, no doubt. :)

Thanks for your fast answer! It seems that it was letting me paste the update after all, just informing me that I needed admin permission to copy to the folder - then letting the paste happen. This confused me, I thought it was explaining why I couldn't paste and refusing. Thanks for the help!

H and Vanan;

We discovered the issue that caused the save games to fail upon load, and have corrected the inconsistency in 1a. If we can, we will try to make these old games compatible- we'll know more on Friday evening.

Is there any news on if there's a solution to this or not?

H and Vanan;

We discussed the ability to resume play in your save this evening, and unfortunately it is not a quick fix- the two saves are serialized in a different way. However, since we do not intend for *any* saves not to be able to make the transition to Year 2, at some point in the coming weeks/months we will create a converter which will allow you to resume play with your save.

I will keep you posted, and thanks!

As fast as the team curent put out the Patches I think its better to collect a vew Patches because at last for Impulse it takes some time till they put it up after reciving the update. (For a other game they needed over a week after the Devloper send the Patch to them)

Schwarzbart, you can just update your game manually.

First of all, I immediately bought this game after browsing through the impulse catalog for the very first time.

I really like the idea and when I was younger I also wanted to create a game with a similar game mechanic.

The game feels not to be fully using its potential. At first it is a little bit disappointing, to be honest. However, I hope by buying the game it will support this team and will allow them to improve Academagia. I have a good feeling about this, when I see that you guys are releasing new patches in that short period of time. The amount of stories are really astonishing.

I would like to contribute some ideas/problems.

- I tried to increase the font size, but since I am playing on a laptop without a num-pad it is not working. The other + button does not do the trick.

- To be able to increase of decrease the font size is in my opinion just curing a symptom. I uploaded this picture 2ta9-5.jpghttp://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/2ta9-5-jpg.html

I think it would be more effective and less troublesome than constantly in- or decreasing the font size, if you would use the the screen more properly. The blue frame needs too much space and he is not contributing to the game. Is it possible to stretch the game related screen?

Take care :)

Schwarzbart, you can just update your game manually.

Lol tell this the one who post above me because I already manualy patched my Impulse installation Patch 1a a vew days ago and short after relase of patch 2 to this ^^.

But your right its wort to mention it because for other games it dont work to use the devloper patchs with a installation from Impulse.

Evil Numpad - you've betrayed us for the last time! :)

What about instead of '+' or '-', we used the up arrow and down arrow? I believe those keys should be easily accessible for everyone.

As for the UI, we realize that there are many improvements that we can make for the next version (scalability, rollover pop-ups [less clicking], nonobtrusive/draggable menus, etc.), however the current challenge we face is that the game artwork is *not* scalable as-is. It would require an entire revamp involving massive amounts of time to produce new layout/artwork and to alter all dependent code. The devs can fix/improve a lot of things, but that is possibly, one of the most (actually probably the most) challenging tasks (also considering a very small staff size - even though the Legate may appear to have cloned himself on the forum ;) ).

The blue frame needs too much space and he is not contributing to the game

Yes, that blue frame is quite a diva - unfortunately we've already signed a record deal. :(

As for updates on distributor sites - I'll let Legate answer - but I believe Schwarzbart is correct - it may take them 1-2 weeks to update.

As usual - thanks for the input everyone.

Evil Numpad - you've betrayed us for the last time! :o

What about instead of '+' or '-', we used the up arrow and down arrow? I believe those keys should be easily accessible for everyone.

As for the UI, we realize that there are many improvements that we can make for the next version (scalability, rollover pop-ups [less clicking], nonobtrusive/draggable menus, etc.), however the current challenge we face is that the game artwork is *not* scalable as-is. It would require an entire revamp involving massive amounts of time to produce new layout/artwork and to alter all dependent code. The devs can fix/improve a lot of things, but that is possibly, one of the most (actually probably the most) challenging tasks (also considering a very small staff size - even though the Legate may appear to have cloned himself on the forum ;) ).

Yes, that blue frame is quite a diva - unfortunately we've already signed a record deal. :(

Up and down arrows already scroll in certain windows (though oddly not in all), so I wouldn't suggest that.

And rather than having the blue borders, how about a windowed mode...? The game is what? 800x600? That's an easy enough window and works for both desktops which often have really high res (1600x1200 or more, which means Academagia is 1/4th the screen) or laptops where they are widescreen these days. Both have plenty of room for being on screen while having other things open *cough* wiki *cough*.

Unhelpful comments, uzu, will get you banned. This is your warning.

We have contacted you in the hopes that you will help us debug this issue. I hope that you will help us.

When charging money for a product you should expect such comments for flaws. It is prolly Vista and I'm glad I dont't generally use it, BUT it does not fall under my duty to do more. You are here to answer for flaws and again, what happend is a big flaw even tho it's most likely an OS issue. So, letting others know about this is bannable? I think not. This is support and patch\hotfix, had to post it here too back when I did. On topic and damn right.

Cheers.

They are doing their best to figure out what the problem is. If you can give them more accurate information, then they are gladly helping you in fixing it.

If you make comments like "you need to fix problem X", which they are already working on, then you are making unhelpful comments.

Programming anything is a hard job, especially with the multitude of systems available. And as of yet they have been fast and good with patching the game since it came out. They are very aware and very helpful to their customers. Being polite back to them seems to me the most respectful thing to do for the work they put in.

Paying for something does not give you the right to act like an arrogant king where the developers are suddenly your servants.

Keep respect, then they will too.

Archived