Black Chicken Studios Forums

Old "Patches, Hot Fixes" Thread

Hawkey

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that is how I did it the first time; unpack the files and copy them into the folder, overwriting the old files.

Still I always prefer an installation package as then I know for sure I didn't do anything wrong. (or if something goes wrong I can blame you guys. :) )

Vegejor;

I think for this one we will publish an installer version. It's very simple, though- the usual code Patch files go right in the Academagia Directory. The Content Patch will go into a new sub-folder called Mods. When you start a new game, you will check the Content Package mod, and begin as normal.

Meaning that we could switch between the patched and unpatched versions by activating the mod?

I think for this one we will publish an installer version.

Also, I suppose that'd be the perfect time to release patches for Impulse and GG versions (and yes, I do understand, that those versions are compatible with vanilla patches - it's just that most players don't bother checking the official forums for updates - ever).

In case of Impulse, bumping the game on "New Releases" list is a nice bonus for every update.

And I think that Impulse users would appreciate the added manual, which they seem to lack at the moment.

Monteverdi;

To clarify:

There is no Spell named "Casual Mimicry", but one of the Student's Ability is named that. Are you positive it was a Spell cast on her?

There is also a Skill, called "Mimicry", but that is somewhat different.

Let me know, and thanks!

She showed me the text of the event, and it said that a student had cast the spell on two others, one of whom was her character. It also said "Casual mimicry."

I don't know the name, but the event in which you are faced with 2 leopards. (the nice kitty's.)

You can;

Either do nothing

Leadership; get the students out of the window to safety. (I'd really want to catapult them away, but I guess that would negate the safety part... still...)

Research; see if the kitty's are an illusion or not.

The problem is with the last one; while I succesfully researching them "I" noticed they were indeed a spell that could simply be negated by confronting them with courage

In my opinion this should probably lead to an Courage option, however it doesn't. After succesfully researching them all the options you have left are;

Do nothing

Leadership

Methinks this is a bug.

A quick update on the Patch. The Content Patch is final, but the code Patch is not completed yet. We are trying to see if there is a way to close the Declare Vendetta issue before we release it. I don't think we will be successful, as we can't replicate it, but we want to give it as much attention as possible while we can.

We might be done tonight, but definitely we'll make the original Patch release date of tomorrow.

Warning:

We are meeting with the coding team presently, and the doubling of Backgrounds we are seeing in Content Patch 1 has been solved. However, it appears that this doubling is occurring in a much more problematic way than just in the save games: it appears it is affecting the primary database.

This (almost certainly) means that those of you that have used Content Patch 1 will need to uninstall, then reinstall, Academagia once Patch 3 is available.

We will not remove Content Patch 1 yet, but consider it use at risk until our investigation is complete.

Thanks, and we will keep you posted.

Content Patch 1 has been released, and can be found here:

Instructions: Copy all files and place into your Academagia install folder (same folder as Academagia.exe). For example: C:\Program Files\Academagia\Mods\Content.mdm (Please overwrite all files)

Important: You must begin a new game in order to make use of the Content Patch. When you begin a new game, simply check 'Content Package' under mods, and proceed.

Before you Install: Patch 3, to be released on Monday, 8/30, will contain fixes only accessible from a new game. Patch 3 will not require you to create a new game, but if you wish to have certain fixes, you will need to create a new one.

This Patch adds this content:

1) New Exits to introduce Pamela, the Invisible Friend.

2) All Locations in the game were revised to raise visibility on Location Abilities. Almost all Location Abilities which offer Expansions to statistics are made Active. All Location Abilities which offer inspirational Increases remained Passive.

3) Books are now Typed correctly. One may be 'Equipped' as a source of reference and study.

4) The Academagia Block Puzzle is now 10,000% less Glorious

5) The Safaviore School is now attendable, if you have the appropriate Background

6) Spells now display all Rolls and Effects in the Description

7) Befriend is now immediately available to the Player

8) New Background Options are available

...updates these:

1) Extrapolation of Evidence

2) Trial and Error

3) Class Skills now display Instructor and Date of all Exams

4) Accept Commission

5) Reverse Engineering is now more useful

6) Zoology Skill Perks reviewed

7) Play Action now correctly refers to the Familiar

8) Go Outside the Fences now correctly refers to the Familiar

9) Entertain now correctly refers to the Familiar

10) Looks over Substance is no longer juxtaposed (Substance over Looks, indeed!)

11) The Vihuelan Lyre now is much less likely to be a source of Reprimands

12) All Bully Skills are now Informed in the Schoolyard Education Skill.

13) Revision Classroom now has the correct Ability

14) Pure Luck now has a more sensible dominant Attribute

15) Practice Math Description

16) Unicorn Tears may now be Equipped

17) Study Mastery: Botany Description

18) Study Mastery: Athletics

19) Explore Action now has the correct Roll

20) Updated Run Abilities to improve chance of Fitness Expansion

21) Study Mastery: Arithmetic

22) Romance is now Trainable

23) Memorization Skill Perks

24) The Ability 'Elegant Service' now takes place in the Great Hall

25) Merit Review for Information

26) Limning reworked

27) Tutoring Services reworked

28) Scratch reworked

29) Enjoy Silphium is more enjoyable

30) Tour the Tapestry Room now has Effects!

31) Pet Therapy now correctly reduces Stress

32) Practice Run's second Effect should not work as intended

33) Lucky Sprite's Coin may now be Equipped

34) Cheryl Aemegus has decided to sell Items

35) The Four Phases Bookstore is much harder to steal from

36) Rabbit Kick reworked

37) Animal Analogy now works correctly

38) Teach Language now works correctly

39) Professor's Lounge is now Informed correctly

40) Emperor Sphinx is now Informed correctly

...and corrects many typos.

Special thanks to the following Academagians who originally suggested or raised awareness of these:

.H.

Advanced Class

Draigh

DWhite6666

Elwin

emerssso

Emperor Norton I

Famble

Hawkey

Housellama

Impet

jc315

Jeff Wang

JolandaRossa

Justin

Knightav

Marian

Medic

Mikka

nightguard

Nikolaj

Ragbe

Ranielle

Reiji Kido

Schwarzbart

shin

Sorceress

Synel

Tiavals

Vhailor

Presently, we are on track for the release of Patch 3 pending testing.

[Estimated Date of Monday, 8/30/10] Patch 3 should address:

1) Knapsack bug - Workaround: Save, and reload. For 1 Day you will have access to the Knapsack again.

2) Further expansion of dynamic font adjustment in the right hand windows.

3) Pheme Roll Overs

4) Artifice Menu Review

5) Detention Skill Feedback

6) Astrology Skill Feedback

...as well as others.

This is absolutely fantastic Academagia Fan! Congrats for you and the entire team. And thnx off course.

I can't wait to start a new game and pick it apart. xd

Archived