Black Chicken Studios Forums

Old "Patches, Hot Fixes" Thread

Hawkey

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I gathered so far; new patches won't affect the old safe games. So it won't cause problems, but they won't fix the bugs either till you really start a new game.

Hopefully I am wrong, but that is what I picked up from the forum.

Nikolaj;

That's a problem we haven't heard about before- I will have to discuss it with the coding team. In the mean time, have you tried finding Academagia.exe directly and running it as Administrator? The only thing I can immediately think of is that for some reason the game client does not have the rights to use the mod?

Nikolaj;

That's a problem we haven't heard about before- I will have to discuss it with the coding team. In the mean time, have you tried finding Academagia.exe directly and running it as Administrator? The only thing I can immediately think of is that for some reason the game client does not have the rights to use the mod?

That worked. Thanks a lot. :)

I'm running the impulse version, and my OS is windows 7, in case you want to fix this down the road. It's not much of an issue once you know what to do, but others might be confused as well. :)

Oh my god I go away for a hour to watch the basketball world championship and you release it? That is so cool, thanks everyone at Black Chicken, you are cogs.

ps: I keep the game open on the background for the music, yes I know I can download it but feels more cozy this way, call me crazy.

Also, okay, who came up with the Bad Luck Magnet background, it almost made me fall from my chair. So much win.

Everything here is great and I hate to complain about the new patch but you absolutely have to start a new game to use it? To be completely honest I already had a save file that was almost perfect aside from some specific problems that were going to be fixed in this patch and I was hoping to use that one for when year 2 came out. I'm not trying to sound sarcastic or cynical but should I just wait till all the patches have been released to start up a file to use in the next year? Are all the other save games pretty much throw away?

Again I'm not trying to be sarcastic or insulting, though it might sound like it in text form.

Allright my first item with content patch 3;

I have three identical "Bad Luck" Magnets in my list. The other options are fine and they don't seem to replicate themselves. Just that single item does seem to be copied three times.

Allright as the subtitle suggests. Give here all your idea's for the second content patch. I'll try to keep a list of all items in this topic so it will be easier for people to see if it already has been suggested or not.

List of Improvements:

List of Idea's:

I'll also start it up;

When we select an action we can also choose a location. Would it be possible that the location would be displayed with it's description? Similar to the ability or spell system where you can select the description before actually selecting it. I think this would prevent alot of scrolling back and forwards.

Secondly; would it be possible to reduce the size of the safe games? I tend to safe every week so I can check things out or test things I am interested in. That makes 40 safegames. The minimum safegame size seems to be 25mb for me, that makes 1 gb for a single character. Too make it worse they grow to over 75mb near the end of the year. That is a bit much if you ask me. Perhaps they could be made smaller by zipping them or something? I wouldn't mind waiting a bit longer for it too load as I don't intend to load that often.

Vegejor;

Another Academagian has suggested additional feedback related to Preparation Locations, and we have that planned for Patch 4 or 5.

We'll discuss the save game size internally -there may be more room for optimization- but I doubt we will go a route that increases load times; that is of major concern to Players who can only run the game slowly as it is.

Any chance of expanding the list of buttons under your character's portrait, so that we could break out abilities and actions into two lists--the same with spells and phemes? Those lists can grow very unwieldy as is by midterm. If adding buttons isn't possible, perhaps buttons or tabs could be embedded in the lists themselves to switch between two subcategories. This applies doubly to Lores and Locations. Scrolling through all the lores to find a location is more than a bit of a wait.

Allow familiars to each possess a single item, perhaps? Not at the start, but something that they might acquire in an event or adventure, or something you could pass to them. Something you could drag-and-drop to embed on their portrait, which would affect their abilities.

A greater differentiation of item icons would be nice.

Ability to delete saved games from within the game.

This was posted elsewhere, relation to learning details about another student: "You can get "Listen Attentively" at Befriend level 5, and at level 10 you get "Leading Conversation" which does the same except that you choose the target." It seems to me that getting your Befriend skill all the way to level 10 is a long, difficult climb just to get an ability that gives you details about a specific student--especially since some of the skill and attribute decreases aren't apparent even in general clear from the impressions you get of them. Take Alan Driscoll, for example: while his text description states one of his main activities is a bit rude, there's nothing that would lead you to believe you'll get a -2 to Charm (if H's post is correct; I cannot confirm this).

Archived