Black Chicken Studios Forums

Old "Patches, Hot Fixes" Thread

Hawkey

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know if it makes a difference, but I got the game through Impulse. I downloaded the new patch 3 + CP1. I have not previously installed any other patch.

Pressing F12 shows version 1.03, but when I start a new game it says that no new mods are available.

Also, there seems to be a new bug introduced. When attempting to use the 'Groom Familiar' ability, you are now unable to choose which aspect of the bond to raise. The action may be completed, but it only gives you the temporary boost to charm.

Quick feedback on the Bitter Hatred background skill.

Love it :)

BUT... my guy actually randomly fell on Philippe Marchand. Ensuing a -9 relationship from the beginning. Ensuing a miniming of 2 sick days PER WEEK because of his litterally incessant bully and familiar attack actions.

A bit Tough, if you ask me, VERY high price to pay for that background element when if falls on Philippe.

Quick feedback on the Bitter Hatred background skill.

Love it :)

BUT... my guy actually randomly fell on Philippe Marchand. Ensuing a -9 relationship from the beginning. Ensuing a miniming of 2 sick days PER WEEK because of his litterally incessant bully and familiar attack actions.

A bit Tough, if you ask me, VERY high price to pay for that background element when if falls on Philippe.

I feel for you. The same thing happened to my c haracter, only her rival was the "beast of a girl." I can't remember her name right now. Even when I built up her skills, my character still couldn't succeed to bully her back. They were at -10 when I gave up.

You guys might want to look into The Raw Psyche Spell. Working that into a chain of counteractions might be a very effective way to stop your bully dead in her tracks and gain the upper hand.

Requirements:

School Survival - Schoolyard Education at level 3 (to unlock the Bully skills)

Bully - Insult at level 6 (for the spell and the Phemes)

Bully - Intimidation at level 1 (for another Pheme)

Bully Parent Skill at level 3 (for the last Pheme)

I restarted :)

But I actually think that in another instance, I would beeline to the duel quest with the tutor, put my skills quite up, declare vendetta and then duel. In victory, it would put a "don't touch me" geas in the early stages, not too shaby :)

Torolf;

Groom Familiar is a known issue, and will be closed in Patch 4.

For the no mod issue, go into the Directory and look to make sure that the files were installed properly. If you see a folder called: 'Academagia_Consolidated_Patch_083010', then you will need to make an adjustment- the contents of this folder should be extracted into Academagia. If you do find that the files are in the correct places, please delete the mods folder and re-apply the Patch.

Another Academagian had a similar issue, and I believe this solved it.

Let me know if this also corrects your issue, and thanks!

Thanks for your hard work Black Chicken, I've been playing the consolidated Patch 3 and Content Patch 1 since it's release, and it's much more fluid and responsive. Yes, I mean that literally, I haven't slept. Does it show? Are there bags under my eyes? Don't you like me anymore? heh.

Is it just me or is the game overall faster with some of the bug fixes? Even though it is harder with the glory and passive skill increases nerfs, it is so much better. We'll be able to mod the cheats later to discover everything, but at this state game is %150 more playable than at launch.

As it turns out, you can improve on perfection!

IF you can get the declare vendetta to work without crashing. Still finishing up my most recent game pre-patch 3, so I'm not sure if it is still an issue, but I am sadly a victim of the vendetta crash issue. Very unfortunate because my guy should be awesome at dueling and I really wanted to check it out, but no go for the moment. :lol:

Draigh, I'll try that next time--assuming she leaves my character alone long enough to train the skills.

She hit me with bully starting the first day and every day or two after. My character (who had increased stress maximum) constantly had at least 6 stress every day. I really started to hate her.

But then I increased my Zoology and for some reason my relationship with her at the same time. All I can say is "beast girl" must be more accurate than I thought! :lol:

Don't know if it's already been pointed out but I found a typo. When you're creating your character and are asked where you come from, in the option Omen: Shattered Mirrors, it says "your Intelligence Attribute is goes up by 1". Nothing major, but thought I'd give you guys a heads up.

Archived