Black Chicken Studios Forums

One Year ?

Arkius

Hey everyone,

I just played through the first year as a student of magic and got presented with an "ending".

So is this it?

One year? I'm baffled.

Also I experiened what I believe to be a few "bugs". Especially with the rewards for merits. Getting rewarded almost every week, but the "reward" not showing up, or the reward gained several times in a row.

So my Question to merits are: When are they rewarded?

Last Question.

Training and Studying - How do you improve the max of 10? Is that through friendship with the teacher?

Arkius;

You are correct- this game is just the first year. We plan to release sequels which then extend the experience to graduation.

Merits are awarded at the end of the Day, when your College achieves them. Can you give me more details on the possible issues you found?

As for how to improve the maximum on Training, it's easiest to do this through Research, or by succeeding at certain Adventures. It's very rare, though. Studying cannot be raised above 10.

Thanks for a very fast reply.

I just figured there had to be more.

I felt like i played through the year very fast and I have missed out on soo much - I suppose replay is the way.

btw - Arithmatic on my current character is 10/14... Scoring 140 on the exam.

I just feel like something is missing , because the grades means absolutely nothing... Good grades, bad grades, no effect.(I suppose they would mean more if you had a second year)

Werdna;

The length of the game will really depend on how much you are reading, strategizing and considering your options.

When I am testing something -just clicking through events and making the bare minimum of choices- I can complete a game in about 5 hours.

A more normal experience would be about 20 hours.

And, for a game in which you are reading everything, plotting your moves and generally delving into the game, it can take over 40 hours. Some of our testers did not complete a game even after 60!

Archived