Black Chicken Studios Forums

Hmm...

Evilpoptart

Hey all,

I want to start by saying I think this game is a good concept and it can be fun. That said, I am having some issues that I don't seem to understand. Maybe someone can help me figure this out?

I'm on my first playthrough and everything was going good until I got to the "midterm" exams. I remember reading the tutorial pages about where I should be in my classes by this point to do well and I THOUGHT I was doing it right, but as I went to take my first exam, lo and behold, I score an 18! Now, I had tried to keep all of my classes around the same level 5-6 with the study level at 5-6 also. Needless to say, I wasn't too happy with that result. In fact, that's rather lame. I spent probably 80% of my time studying/training for these classes, and I score the lowest in my entire class? The next class was higher (48) but I was still the lowest of all the students.

Which brings me to a second issue, I was scheduled for detention alot. I kept getting detention for apparently no reason, as I never got a notification about why. I NEVER study/train/do anything outside of my room (I didn't see the point.) so can't see how I am trespassing. I don't carry any items (ditched them after tutorial.) No enemies, that I know of. So, I'm lost.

So maybe I just suck at being a student and I should spend 100% of my time studying/training? That is, if I ever get any free time with the exorbinant about of free detention.

Evilpoptart;

First of all, that's a great name. ;)

Secondly- the score you had on your midterm seems suspicious- if your Class Skill and your Study Level were 5 and 5 respectively, the *minimum* you should have gotten would have been 25. Can you look at your game and verify what your Skills and Study Level were for the Exam where you scored an 18?

Lastly, Detention. Detention can be difficult to get out of, but even without Training you will escape it slowly, and over time. You should be notified of being granted Detention in all cases, unless you are given it as a result of a Random Event (although that is rare.) Are you skipping Class frequently, by chance?

Evilpoptart;

First of all, that's a great name. ;)

Yea, I picked it when I was about 8 years old and stuck with it.

Secondly- the score you had on your midterm seems suspicious- if your Class Skill and your Study Level were 5 and 5 respectively, the *minimum* you should have gotten would have been 25. Can you look at your game and verify what your Skills and Study Level were for the Exam where you scored an 18?

I double checked my stats for the exam. It was for Enchant and my enchant parent level was 6 and my study level 5. Bizzarre, I know.

Lastly, Detention. Detention can be difficult to get out of, but even without Training you will escape it slowly, and over time. You should be notified of being granted Detention in all cases, unless you are given it as a result of a Random Event (although that is rare.) Are you skipping Class frequently, by chance?

Never skipped a class (well, on purpose). But I suppose missing for getting plowed over by a sadistic plant/pixie/etc in an RE could account for that?

Evilpoptart;

There may be a wider issue here- I will pm you for a save.

Thanks!

Hmm, I think the "fluke" exam was caused by one of those RE plowovers. Apperantly, my character thought it a good idea to go get a concussion by taunting wild animals THE DAY BEFORE AN EXAM..I got creamed and was sent to the infirmary on the day of the exam. That's probably the reason right?

EDIT: BTW, I didn't save it after the exams or even that much before them. I was too bummed.

Evil;

Ah yes! If you are Ill the day of the Exam, your scores are punished severely. Now I understand. ;)

Edit: You sound like a diligent Student! No promises, but in one of the DLC I will try to get a new feature in for you: If you are sick on the Day of the Exam, you might be eligible for a make-up Exam. Sound good?

Evil;

You can never escape from Random Events! But...perhaps a powerful Glamour or Astrology Spell could do something similar? You never know what you might find. ;)

Also, and in case you did not see my Edit in the previous post:

"Edit: You sound like a diligent Student! No promises, but in one of the DLC I will try to get a new feature in for you: If you are sick on the Day of the Exam, you might be eligible for a make-up Exam. Sound good?"

Evil;

You can never escape from Random Events! But...perhaps a powerful Glamour or Astrology Spell could do something similar? You never know what you might find. ;)

Also, and in case you did not see my Edit in the previous post:

"Edit: You sound like a diligent Student! No promises, but in one of the DLC I will try to get a new feature in for you: If you are sick on the Day of the Exam, you might be eligible for a make-up Exam. Sound good?"

That sounds reasonable. BTW, does missing class via illness give basis for detention? It does seem to be the case for me.

Archived