Black Chicken Studios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Draigh

Using items

Hey,

I like the game, although it seems buggy in many areas.

Specific to the topic post: I am not able to use any items (no matter if they are equiped, in the knapsack or in the wardrobe).

Do I miss something there?

Famble;

Thanks- Ah, this is a known issue. What's happened is that this Book has an incorrect Type set for it (as with most Books.) It can be Used, but it can't be equipped- and it needs to be, in order for you to gain these effects.

This will be solved by Content Patch 1.

Thanks again!

No learning banned knowledge for me then. I found a couple of other bugs and typos shall I post them here or is there somewhere particular that you would want them?

Bouquet of Flowers remains after you use it's ability (give them as a gift), so you can use it repeatedly. The reverse engineer spell does not have a way to set a target for it and fails.

How do I figure if it's Informed or not? I have indentified it using the "Consult the Artifact Registry" action, and I can read what it's supposed to do.

I have patched, but I have the Impulse version of the game. Impulse itself claims the game being 1.00, despite me dumping the files in the patch to the root directory and overriding the files. My saves from before patching don't work either. I suppose it is possible I have done something wrong in the patch process.

Tiavals;

No, the patch update from Impulse will come this week, but it will be the same as what you have downloaded here.

If you have identified the Book via Consult the Artifact Registry, then it is Informed, and you should be able to use the Book's Ability if it is in your Knapsack.

The only question I have remaining would be- did you Consult the Artifact Registry before or after Patch 2?

Seeing as how I started the game only after patching, the answer can only be that I did it after.

However, I guess something may have gone wrong with the patch process itself. Is there a way to see the version of the game? Perhaps it is mentioned in some corner somewhere or in the application's details?

Tiavals;

You can see the game's version if you hit F12, but you need a larger resolution to view it. Your client should be at: 1.0.2

There is also the possibility that there is a bug with the Item itself. I will test it, thanks!

Edit: I see the issue. This will be corrected in CP1.

The Abilitie from the Vihuelan Lyre (Song of Vihuela) still dont show up in CP1 (with Patch 2a) also the Vihuelan Practicum dont show up in the list of posible Actions.

Even after becoming informed on the Lyre and having paid tuition, the Vihuelan Practicum still isn't available. Is there another prerequisite to this action that I'm somehow overlooking?

Also related to the Cantu school of magic, is Study at the Cantu School intended to increase Incantation Spells by a whole level, or a skill step?

nightguard;

Looking into the content, no- you should be able to use this Action provided that you have the Vihuelan Lyre in your Knapsack. We'll investigate.

In regards to Esteban Contu's School- no, it should be a Skill Step, thank you. ;)