Black Chicken Studios Forums

Content Patch 1

advancedclass

I haven't noticed any other threads that mentioned this problem, although maybe I missed it. But I figure with such a huge game, there's a lot of stuff that isn't going to pop up in the game for everyone, so it's something worth drawing attention to, even if someone else may have mentioned something similar.

One of the odder bugs I've encountered has occurred almost consistently and exclusively in events or adventures with Ana Flavia Bassa - when she's mentioned in the text, instead of just saying "Ana Flavia" and linking to her profile, I get "Ana Flavia Bassa" followed by the first line or two of her biography. I haven't noticed it with any other characters as of yet, but it happens almost every time she's referred to by name when I do her adventures.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Description for Study Monster says that if you succeed on a difficult Luck/Zoology roll, you can follow rumor and spoor to places where you can Study what you find - the effect is Inform Monster.

I'm tempted. Wow am I!

Got my 'can't fail bug', an int of 8 and a Zoology of 8. And failed at my first try.

Hrm. Is this bugged, or working as intended?

I chose the Officer's School beginning choice, and do not see the ability to visit it listed?

Also later in game gained the 'artifice for money' (forget exact words it was a large amount of money!) ability because of great skill but never saw it show up in listed choices.

Shin;

If you remember the name, please let me know. It may have had Prerequisites which prevent you.

As to the Safaviore Officer's School, are you wearing your Safaviore Insignia? That is a prerequisite, if you are not.

Let me know, and thanks!

Yes, I started new game, put it on, it is not listed as a possibility to visit.

Wish I could remember name, will let you know if I do. It was either for great forge or enchant ability I think, that you could make items for other people for money, and had 200 or over money rewards, but it never showed up as actual possibility to use in action list even though it sounded like you had it.

I chose the Officer's School beginning choice, and do not see the ability to visit it listed?

Also later in game gained the 'artifice for money' (forget exact words it was a large amount of money!) ability because of great skill but never saw it show up in listed choices.

The artifice for money sounds like the accept commision ability from Grand Forge (I think it's shown when you get given a private workstation) I can remember seeing it before and not being able to use it though that may have just been due to not meeting prerequisites.

Famble;

Thanks! The Prerequisites for this are definitely stringent: you need an Enchant and Forge of 10 or greater.

To see good results from this Action, better bring your A game, too. The Roll Difficulties are high. :)

Yes that was it! Now I know why it didn't work! Thanks! ;)

I also see 'Study at Esteban Contu's School of Incantation' listed on the ability list of newly created character, but no option to actually visit.

I wonder if it is a bug of student not knowing where it is too?

Very nice ability to start out with if one can!

I also see 'Study at Esteban Contu's School of Incantation' listed on the ability list of newly created character, but no option to actually visit.

I wonder if it is a bug of student not knowing where it is too?

Very nice ability to start out with if one can!

Ah I think I figured out this one too, it takes 900 pims to even enter!

The three running abilities that you get at the Groundskeeper's office, they all say that you get a chance to improve fitness. I've tried it for a while, and haven't succeeded. Also, I notice that on the list of actions, where it says "Expand fitness" there are two white boxes below it. The one that usually shows the skill/attribute to expand is correctly filled as Fitness, but the one that usually holds the target is blank.

I was lucky enough to be in a house full of over-achievers, Vernin (who, now that I think about it, have been at the top every game I've played), and so got a lot of Merit Prizes - even though I added no Merit points to the house!

However, I find that these are rather useless, as more often than not, I fail when I try to cash them in. I've failed twice to cash in a "Increase Random Skill" prize, though I did manage to cash in the "Champions Hall" location and passkey.

Now, maybe the skill increase is for more than 1 point, but . . . I could just train, and be sure of getting a skill point, or take a risk and try for the Merit Prize.

Even if cashing them in was automatic success, it's still not necessarily better than training on my own, or using Impression of Dilligence (for the improve instructor relationship prize).

Emperor;

Can you let me know which Merit Prizes are failing? In my test games I do not see the same behavior, but perhaps I missed one or two (not being in Vernin!)

Thanks.

Merit Prizes XIIII and XV, one of which increases a skill and one of which increases a Professor's relationship.

Oh, and Merit Prizes 12 and 13 (Champion's Room and Reflection) weren't clearing after used, they stuck around on my abilities list.

Didn't see a topic for it, so... couple potential issues in the adventures i've tried

"Mystery in the bushes" chain,

in the "Family Crisis" stage the game has you try to track down a missing man. The skill check is for "Social Skills" but if you fail it, the penalty is applied to "Hunting" skill. Based how other adventures work and given the context, i'd guess the skill check should actually be for "Hunting".

in the "Underground" stage sacrificing clique member to pass the check says to complete the stage successfully in the daily summary screen, but the follow up ("Looming Fortress") doesn't become available. Also failing the skill checks appear to _sometimes_ result in both the "Underground" no longer being on the list and the follow up obviously not showing, though maybe that one is intended, hard to say.

jc315;

Thanks!

For the first one- it's Social Skills because you are borrowing something, and Hunting because your Familiar failed to find the missing person. It could go both ways, but given that success and failure are both about Hunting, the Roll should be Hunting, too.

For the second, there does not appear to be anything in the content which would indicate a problem. I will pm you for a save.

Thanks again!

Archived