Black Chicken Studios Forums

Content Patch 1

advancedclass

For the first one- it's Social Skills because you are borrowing something, and Hunting because your Familiar failed to find the missing person. It could go both ways, but given that success and failure are both about Hunting, the Roll should be Hunting, too.

Ahh i see. Yup, because the associated text never made the act of borrowing to be a problem in itself, and the failure always was described as character not being able to keep up with the Familiar on the track, it winded up confusing and i chalked it up to bug in skill check. For what's worth, that adventure makes a good excuse to pick up some hunting skill, imo ;)

regarding the save, i should have one where you can initiate the Underground stage i think. will check and let know.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Acording to the description of the item Silphium Stalk it sould give the Ability Enjoy Silhium but I dont see it in my list and also I dont see it in items so I could us it from there.

Even with Rest is better then the Silphium Stalk (reduce Stress by 5) I wonder where the Ability is that I sould have from them. (I have 3 in my Knapsack and even more in my Wadrobe)

jc315;

I was able to research this. I *suspect* that the first problem related to the Underground Stage is that, in order to Sacrifice a Member of your Clique, you have to choose the Exit you want (in this case, Sleuthing). What I *believe* was happening was that you were not changing the Exit from the Automatic One (which still allows you to Sacrifice), and thus were exiting out of the Adventure.

The second problem is a content issue: the Success Continuance for the Exit out of the Underground Stage points to the *other* Dog Familiar Adventure- that is why you could not see the Underground again. This will be corrected in Content Patch 1.

I did confirm that if you change the Exit to Sleuthing and then Sacrifice, you will see A Looming Tower correctly.

Thanks!

Ahh yes, the description made it sound sacrificing a member is guaranteed success that sort of steps around the whole choosing the option process, so it never occured to me i had also to switch from the option selected by default. I.e. thought that the 'sacrifice' was an Exit in its own right. I think it get slightly more confusing also because 'sacrifice member' shows up with the first available option other than the 'give up' selected, but disappears when you select the other option ('social skills')

the stage being linked to Familiar adventure also makes sense now -- i've noticed it show up in the list but thought that was unrelated, like the Familar adventure being scheduled to show up around this time or something.

Thinking of it more, there may have been also another instance where a yet different adventure showed in the list instead of the either the Underground or the proper followup but i can't remember any better details of it so that's not very helpful, sorry.

In the Lizard - Observatory Race adventure, if you succeed on the observe roll, you find a hole into the Observatory, which looks interesting, but then when it cycles back, there is no new option available - only the standard Compete, which I'm gathering is incredibly tough.

Random Event Glitches . . .

There's the event where you see a tail walk into the Janitor's Closet. The Observation roll told me that it was a rare Smoke Puppy, but then no extra action was provided as a result, I was left only with the Brute Force option - the text of which told me I should have paid more attention before charging!

There's the event where you're helping people practice for a play, and you start speaking a magical dialect. I did the observation, found some gum in my pocket, but once again, nothing showed up. Fortunately I was able to use the Composure option to successfully complete the event, but . . .

Couple of events i've encountered also had Observation check which seemingly did nothing as it opened no new options, *but* reading the daily log afterwards showed entries about my character "temporarily increasing chance to success" by 20-33% and such, so i'm guessing this is what that succesful observation translated to, buffing up the chance to pass other available options?

(it didn't seem to change anything in couple cases though, as the required skill was at 0 so --seeing how the option remained red-- perhaps percentage-based buff had no impact. Maybe linear + to skill level would work better in such cases, but then maybe it's actually working as intended)

Are you sure they didnt cash in? I had the same impression but then i saw them grayed out in the abilities tab if I remember corectly, that isn't a bda thing to see them there atleast to keep track. Some are repeteable some are only earned once. Maybe I too didn't get the increase but I didn't notice.

When on the adventure with Oan, one of the later steps, we were outside somewhere looking for something (I'm sorry, that's vague): she was basically lying on the grass. I found something in the bushes (a small man, I think?), but there was no option to say anything to it or to Oan about it, leaving only another option to search differently, and an option to basically give up. I failed the other searching option, which left only the give up... which was a bit disappointing. It would have been nice if we could come back and try later with that adventure.

Pitable Zoe and Discovery of a Passageway both had naming errors: Zoe became the name of our Clique while I as the player became 'Her/She' in the first, while in the second, Isabeu suddenly became the Professor (which was slightly amusing).

In the further adventures with Isabeu, I was wandering around the Hedi collage common room looking for clues. The text noted that the students of Hedi were suspicious of outsiders, including myself... well, rude on them, as I was a Hedi student, too! :)

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought you had included contraception in the game... B)

It probably means that I read too much ancient history. Sigh.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silphium)

Oh, and I'll take this occasion to THANK the designers for using actual Latin -- even correct Latin, far as I can tell! Especially since I've just finished reading one of the Potter books, where the spell names make my eyes bleed every time... I doubt I'm the only Italian who feels like that :lol:

Jolanda;

We do our best, but we had help with the Latin.

If you ever see any mistakes...let us know. B)

And yes- that's the inspiration for Silphium, although still alive and healthy in Elumia. A fascinating story, to say the least! I hold hopes that one day a budding botanist in Libya will come across a variety of plant they have never seen before...:lol:

Only saw thread for using items which isn't exactly that so uhmm, thread :lol:

Got something named "Clayer Owl Feather" through random event. Tested it with Trial & Error and it's said to increase Perception of the owner by 2 points.

Doesn't seem to be doing anything, though. The character who got the feather had no Perception skill to begin with and it didn't appear on the list... then even after acquiring the skill through other means there doesn't appear to be bonus to it.

A Reward for a Job Well Done:

I know I've done this adventure before, and succeeded at it. Last time, after befriending the guy in the bar, the adventure continued (something to do with a barmaid dropping some steaks on the floor). But in my current game, the adventure ends after I befriend the guy, no matter which method I use. It's pretty strange, and I can't figure out why.

Archived