Black Chicken Studios Forums

Clicking with cliques

Impet

A couple of questions about information under the cliques tab. I finally befriended the NPC I wanted the most, and upon forming my clique with him, discovered that he is already in another clique.

This apparently wasn't a problem for him. I'm not a part of his other clique, his other two clique members have 0 relationship with me, and don't seem to mind that he's... splitting his time between them and me?

Players can only have/be part of one clique ever, right? NPCs can have more than one... can they have more than 2? I'd actually have liked to have been told by him/the game that he's already in a clique, but lets see if everyone in it likes me enough for me to join... and probably hear that no, the others don't like me enough... then I can decide if I want to go befriend someone else, or if I want to work on befriending the rest of his clique.

I'd have liked to have been told in that pop up window that lets you name your clique, that he's already in a clique, do I want to try and join specific_clique_name?

Drat, now that I think about this, I'd really like to be able to get invitations into the game's cliques. Maybe read in the history of the day that Soandso who likes me wants me to be better friends with differentSoandso, so I can join their clique! Maybe even try to be in more than one clique at a time, like my NPC buddies can.

The other question is, when I look at all the clique information, I see information about MyClique, with numbers after it, and these numbers make sense.

But below that is the Other Cliques information, and it has

Their Clique Name 0

What's that 0 mean? It's not how many people are in the clique... it doesn't seem connected to how the members of the clique as a group think of me. Does it mean anything?

Eh the cliques I've created so far have had people who weren't a part of other cliques so I wouldn't know the answer to your question. That being said, your post has a very good point. I would love to be able to be invited to join other cliques. Why should I have to put in all the hardwork? :rolleyes: And I have also wondered what those numbers stand for?

Impet;

Thanks!

I should look at this in more detail (I will pm you). It's possible to share Cliques under some circumstances, but it should be rare. A larger action here is to look at targeting for Befriend- I agree, it makes sense to have it exclude Students already in a Clique.

As to be able to get an invitation- you can! Just do not form one yourself, and it's probable that in time you will be added to a Clique. It's not an invitation- they use Befriend on you just like you use it on them. :)

In regards overall to belonging to more than one Clique, in Year 2 you will be able to belong to a Clique and then also a 'Group', which is made up of Cliques. But by their nature, Cliques are meant to be pretty exclusive.

The '0' you mention is their Patrol Bonus.

Edit: I see that you misread the information. Alright, good. Some of the social butterflies can do it, but it should be rare. :rolleyes:

Great to know, and it's neat to be able to see what their patrol bonus is, in case I want to go about messing with any of them.

I'm not jealous of them any more :rolleyes: Though I am curious about the social butterflies, and will try and see if I can spot this in action!

And too... can cliques break up? How strong and stable are these groups? Lets say two NPCs (A and B ) are in a clique, and I have my clique (with C), and I realize that I really want A in my clique, but I don't want anything to do with B. Can I lure A away from B? Can my clique absorb A and B's clique?

Eh the cliques I've created so far have had people who weren't a part of other cliques so I wouldn't know the answer to your question. That being said, your post has a very good point. I would love to be able to be invited to join other cliques. Why should I have to put in all the hardwork? :rolleyes: And I have also wondered what those numbers stand for?

Actually, it is possible to have someone else add you to their clique. During my current game, I saw that someone used an action on me, and all of a sudden I had a new ability. I didn't pay very close attention to the action that was used on me, but in hindsight it is obvious that Miss Kiffler befriended me, as I am now a part of the Kiffler Group clique.

Archived