Black Chicken Studios Forums

[Not a bug] After some time playing i randomly lose all options but Rest

AND04

After some random time i lose all options but Rest (or whatever was in the slot before) happend with the current impulse version and the current patch as well.

Can provide a save if that helps (its 1 week before midterms and last save was like 4 weeks before that argh...)

Pheelon;

Just to clarify- is this a new game, or an old game that you patched up?

Another Academagian reported a similar issue, which he was able to clear by saving/reloading.

Still, I would like to look at it, if you can pm me a RapidShare link?

Thanks!

New game - i wasn`t able to load the old one with the current patch (game crashed) - will upload both saves and post the link here then.

btw ignore the "report" i hit the wrong button /o\ (its 3 am over here...)

Pheelon;

Much appreciated! Please pm me the links to the saves, when you have them.

Update - after a couple of all Rest Days and getting sick through an event my actions are back - but 2 days later they are gone agein hmm...

you got the link via pm

Ooh. This is a bug?

I had something like this happen with a character that I didn't save the progress on. Oddly, it didn't seem like a bug to me at the time, but it sure was really annoying, and I decided not to play through it. It was further along the character that I initially complained about being able to 'endlessly' cut class to compete with.

Sure enough, my misdeeds eventually (during the second week) caught up with me and I got two reprimands without changing my behavior before I was given the first detention. My deeply glory-covered character continued to gain more glory and merit at the cost of his studies and detentions, and by the end of week 2, I had study hall and no other choices on Saturday (though I'd had choices on Friday, and chose to misbehave). But I -still- had no choices but rest on Sunday, nor on the following week. (I could do my assigned task, attend class or detention, or rest). So I was a better pupil, and spent that whole week without choices and doing what I was supposed to. Had more hall study that weekend, then the next week -too- I still had no choices. Sigh, our Legate of Mineta was right, I sure did see how it would catch up with me!

A second week of being good, and woo! The next week, a new month, I had my choices back! I still had detention four out of five days, and study hall assigned during saturday, but with my choices back I was clearly making progress to getting out of trouble! And... well. I attended one of the two classes each day and went back to my merry glory/merit hogging ways, though I did attend all detentions. But when the next hall session came, even though I had not been visibly reprimanded again for cutting any of the new classes, I again lost all my choices but rest or my assigned tasks for the whole weekend and also for that following week. I played through that week (Hrm, it's pretty fast to play through a week when you're not opening up your choices except to verify that you've got none :blush:) and the next week, it appeared that I had choices again.

You'd think I'd learned my lesson! But, no. I again attempted to cut one of the classes, and attend the other and the detention - only to discover, though it -looked- like I had choices, when I actually confirmed and went to the final verify screen, I had attend class both sessions, and attend detention, and what I had actually selected didn't appear. I backed out, verified I was on the right day (A very minor problem, for me sometimes when I change weeks on the calendar with my mouse, it will move 2 weeks instead of one, the problem might be my mouse though, occasionally single clicks register twice for me in other programs too, but it's pretty common with the calendar week buttons in this game), and tried again.

Again, I could select whatever I wanted to do, but when I actually attempted to do it, the confirm and details selection page showed the choices I was -supposed- to do, not what I had picked. I thought I was grounded, with the losing choices and all. And then I thought, with the new 'you can choose, but your choices don't matter', I thought that was a programmed in (but silent) 'you've been very very bad, young student, we are watching your -every- move, and you just had enough rope to hang yourself with! Get -back- here, I caught you trying to sneak out that door. Into your seat!)

By this point, though amused and still finding the punishment process interesting, I felt 'bad' enough about being in so much trouble (Yep yep, just like our good Legate warned me!) that I didn't want to continue through it. I didn't save, and went back to another character who hadn't been misbehaving, and continued to be good from there out :)

However, I could probably recreate this reaction to my misbehaviour to make a save to show it if desired. This was done with the current patch version of the game. Pheelon, were the choices I made above similar to what got you into your mess?

Unless there is some way to get suspended during the first week of the game, it is a bug. Granted my game was a little unusual, since I had more backgrounds then a starting player could have... still, they shouldn't have got me suspended, right?

I skipped classes 3 times, during the week, and visited the libraries 5 times (but I had permission to visit according to my background. Well at least I should have had permissions, not sure how to check it in game). I reread my history just now, and there is no indication anywhere that I was found, or that some teacher is angry at me, nothing about suspension. Yet on Saturday I lost all my actions, spells and phemes. I do have my abilities and can study at the library all I want, but that is kind of beside the point.

Are you interested in my save or does it look like a legitimate suspension? The game is patched.

Edit: no matter how I look at it, this cannot be a simple suspension. All my skills are lost, even though I am imformed of them. I can train them from zero through the library again.

Fhoenix;

This is definitely not Suspension, if you have lost all your Actions and can still use your Abilities.

I can definitely take a look at this, but we have to place this as a very low priority, since it seems likely it is related to the modification of the game.

Please pm me with a RapidShare link to your save, and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks!

(And congratulations on being the first modder? <_< )

• 2 weeks later...

Had what might be a related bug in a patch 3 CP1 game. This player never missed a class for any reason (We need a perfect attendance award!) and never skipped a detention, or at least never missed one that I knew of. After studying a few actions at Esteban's School of Incantation, however, I received a message that I was reprimanded for skipping detention. A couple days later, I received a message that I had received a reprimand for skipping a hall session that I also knew nothing about. (I don't schedule anything in advance, so I'm pretty sure that I didn't schedule over either.)

Then I received a message that I had been suspended. I was close to the end of the term, so I kept playing about a week, I think. And I found that I was able to perform all actions normally again, no message or anything.

Yes, there seems to be a problem with detention detection ( heh ). You get detentions for skipping detentions that weren't there. And since you don't know that ( you don't get the reprimand message either ) there's nothing you can do about it.

This actually happened to me as well and i just reloaded the save and it reset back to normal. and I mean on one occasion i loaded a save and there was only rest, reloaded the same save and all my actions were back.

Ranielle and Synel;

There is a known issue related to a mystery Detention (which appears to be one awarded on the same Day the Instructor then schedules you for Detention). Synel's issue, however, sounds like something deeper.

Synel;

Do you happen to still have this save? If so, could you pm me a RapidShare link to it? I'd like to try reloading it a few times to see if I can produce the error.

Thanks!

Ranielle and Synel;

There is a known issue related to a mystery Detention (which appears to be one awarded on the same Day the Instructor then schedules you for Detention). Synel's issue, however, sounds like something deeper.

Synel;

Do you happen to still have this save? If so, could you pm me a RapidShare link to it? I'd like to try reloading it a few times to see if I can produce the error.

Thanks!

Sry but it's not something that happens consistently. I've since overwritten the save although I've had the issue happen again at a later date. Here's the rapid share for the file.

[redacted]

BTW sry it took so long to respond. Didn't notice the save request. And rapid share takes awhile to upload.

Archived