Black Chicken Studios Forums

Actions and Ability Bugs

nightguard

To try and help the Legate organize bug reports, I figured a thread specifically related to the use of actions and abilities might help. To start us off, I do have one bug that I just noticed.

The ability Professor Leith's Back Office is supposed to give expansions to two random subskills of Enchant. For some reason, it allows you to select the second subskill.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if this is actually a bug or not, but it seemed odd, so I'll bring it up.

The ability "Scratch", the first ability you gain for your mole familiar, appears to be a combat action, but it's also usable from your calendar. Is this intended, or is it supposed to be a combat action only?

Okay, another question about a pet ability, and again a situation where I'm not sure if it's a bug, or if it's working as intended with a poor description.

The ability Pet Therapy (one of the first abilities for the familiar Rapidly), when used, says that you temporarily increase your stress max by 1, and temporarily reduce your stress by 2. Is the stress reduction intended to be temporary?

Here's an odd one. Using Daribus Conley's Office: Observation Gallery will expand your Criminal Law, Lie, and a random subskill by one skill step. When I used it most recently, the random subskill that was expanded for me wasn't a subskill, but the interrogation research topic. I'm assuming it isn't intended to expand research topics...

actually it may be both;

While it is an ability you have, it would require an action to actually do it right? <_< However it would be impossible to throw anecdotes all the time; you'd run out faster then you can wave your wand.

That's why the action can't be used all the time, but instead only once every 7 days. Let's say that is the time it takes you to learn a new anecdote and a good way to tell it.

Just found another bug, this one related to a Grammar/Language action.

The Compare Grammar action is supposed to raise your skill in Elumian and a second language of your choice by one skill step each. It only seems to be expanding Elumian at present. When you try to choose a second language, it lists those available, but doesn't list their level as per normal when choosing a skill, and the report shows only the improvement in Elumian. (Yes, I did go to my skills tab to check if the second one was raised. It was not.)

The Action Question Knowledge says it will raise your choice of Sub-Skill by 3 and reduce a random Sub-skill by 5. I have used it twice and it only raises my choice by 1 and the skill it reduced (mimicry) which was not above 3 was reduced to 1 on the first use. I would have thought it would go to zero. On the second use it raised my choice by 1 and reduced nothing (i think it selected a skill i have not learned or a skill that was zero already).

Dwhite6666;

There appears to be an issue with the Action on the second Effect- we'll correct it in Content Patch 2.

In the mean time, for the Skill which is Expands- if you gained enough Skill Steps to advance to the next Level, you will lose all excess Steps. Did you happen to see that you were Expanding a Skill which did not require 3 Skill Steps to advance?

Thanks!

Is there a roll involved in the Bound part of Play? Because so fare I got the Stress reduecment, the increase in playfullnes of my familliar but nothing about the bound.

Btw. there is still a selector what bound you whant to improve but below this in the white field it says random. (Patch 2a CP1)

Bug with the Action One-Upmanship:

Using this action, you are effectively wagering your storytelling abilities against those of another student. If you win, they lose a point of storytelling and gain 2 steps in a random subskill. If they win, then you lose the point in storytelling and they gain the two random subskill steps.

The issue is that while the fluctuations in Storytelling skill is reported in the journal, the random subskill changes are not reported leading to confusion over what you (or they) actually improved.

Edit: Hmmm. Sometimes I see the skill increase and sometimes not. Is it possible to get partial success on this one? To succeed without increasing a random subskill?

Archived