Black Chicken Studios Forums

Actions and Ability Bugs

nightguard

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ability 'Go To The Slipped Crown' Says in the description "your chance of a random encounter is increased by 15%" and the message it gives upon successfully using it says "You temporarily increased your random event chance by 15". However it makes it impossible for me to receive any encounters at all. While training mastery I chain used it for a few weeks and never received a single encounter. I even tried reloading the game 30+ times and still never had a single event occur.

Improved Familar Handling seems a bit strange. It has me fill in four fields, but I only get reporting of two skills being raised... most of the time. Sometimes I do get all four as reportedly being raised, but it actually doesn't seem to raise them. And the description is a bit strange, and I believe implies that it's for raising two at a time, not four.

Mikka;

The Description certainly needs to be made clearer- what this Ability does is this:

Expand two of your Choice of Familiar Skills by 1.

If you succeed at a Familiar Kinship Roll vs. 5, you can Expand 2 more.

As to the reported Expansions, is it possible that they fail because your Bond Level is not high enough?

Thanks!

That could be it, Legate, and I'm sure I selected the same skill twice a few times which may have just confused things. I really couldn't quite understand what it was doing, so I would be sort of random with what I was choosing in order to figure it out. What you explain makes sense. Thanks!

there's a bug using deflect distraction without having any friends and someone uses an offensive social action like bully on you. the game just crashes and goes application error. also, there's a weird bug with prudence's name in one of the random events where you have to take action against her throwing rocks at you.

Jevouse;

Thanks for the information on the crash- that's very serious. We'll look at this right away.

For the Event, if you happen to come across an Event in the future you would like to report to us, please press F12- this will show you the name of the Event so we can easily locate and correct it. We'll see if we can find the stone-throwing one, though.

Thanks!

Sorry if this has been reported before, but I seem to be having trouble with Imperial Palace: Emperor Sphinx's Room.

Going by the in-game description it should train one chosen subskill, one random subskill that I've already trained in and a completely random subskill.

However, I only get one skill trained at a time (either the random or random trained, never both) and my chosen skill never increases.

I also seem to be having trouble with Courteous Gestures. Despite the fact that it says I succeeded with both parties, only one character's relationship is raised

Fletchin;

For Courteous Gestures, it will always report as a success because one of the Effects is automatic.

For the Imperial Palace, it's a similar problem- the chosen Skill is attached to a Roll, and although the Ability overall is a success (because one Effect is automatic), you do not get the benefit of your choice until you can surpass the Roll Difficult of 13.

The description for Courteous Gestures (don't know why that action is coming up so often!) says if successful, you get a +2 relationship bonus with a member of the opposite gender.

So why did Emilia Picotti attempt--and succeed--at using it with Olivia Solari? Is there something we don't know about these two?!!! :)

Mumbles;

No- it's because these are not inherited Targets, but independent. It's a problem that will be closed in DLC 2. :)

Drat. There went my plan to have Olivia be Cyrus' little brother in disguise, who followed him to the Academy against family's wishes. The real reason s/he stalks him so much is out of pure hero worship and/or jealousy. I guess the old trope is usually a girl pretending to be a guy, though.

Drat. There went my plan to have Olivia be Cyrus' little brother in disguise, who followed him to the Academy against family's wishes. The real reason s/he stalks him so much is out of pure hero worship and/or jealousy. I guess the old trope is usually a girl pretending to be a guy, though.

And this, people, is how vicious rumors get started. :P

Seriously, though, have you tried your hand at writing events? This kind of off the wall thinking is exactly the kind of thing that leads to interesting random encounter stories. :)

Not entirely sure whether this is the right place but...research topic problems-

Illustration-At 10 this says it gives you a skill maximum increase to the Illustration skill-it doesn't really though. Disappointing to raise Illustration to 10 only to find out it can't go up to 11.

Forms-Same as above, but with Forms. Also the lore is all about like...weapon forms, but the skill it claims to raise the maximum of is Calligraphy Forms.

Euneycia's Haven-This research doesn't seem to do anything at 10. At the very least it doesn't report it.

The Minds of Men-As Euneycia's Haven.

Syntax-As Euneycia's Haven.

I really enjoyed the lore for Syntax. Heh.

Quelan;

In regards to Illustration and Syntax, the content appears correct. We'll test this to confirm if there is an issue- in the mean time, are you sure you cannot go to 11 on both of these Skills? The Skill Steps needed report may still say 'Maximum' under certain conditions, even if you have not reached the Maximum.

The Forms Lore is incorrect. :)

Euneycia's Haven and the Minds of Men only have limited Research Lores, and nothing at level 10.

Thanks!

I think Defile Trophies is broken. The description says, "A visitor to the Trophy Storage Room with Sabotage on his or her mind can - with Finesse and skill - inscribe messages of such spectacular lewdness on the trophies of any one given College that its collective Merit shrinks by 20 points."

This sounds to me like the player should be able to select the college. That option isn't given. What's more, even though my character succeeded at the action (and earned the -2% detection penalty) none of the colleges had their merit points changed.

Some apparent bugs:

1. I got awarded the Strengthen Will spell, it showed up in my Spell list in the left hand window, but when I went to Cast Spell, it was missing from that list, so it couldn't be cast.

2. Cultivate gave me no option to choose a plant. The field was blank and could not be chosen. At the end of the day, it said I used the skill successfully, but gave me nothing.

3. Not sure if this is intended, but when I used Narrow Focus on three Glamour subskills at 10, it bumped them to 13, but that didn't affect the overall Glamour level; it stayed at 10.

Archived