Black Chicken Studios Forums

Actions and Ability Bugs

nightguard

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed this with "Work Til You Drop", but I am guessing it might be part of something bigger.

When picking a Random subject to Study, sometimes I wouldn't get a Study increase. This happened mostly when I was already at 10 Study Level in one or more subjects. I'm guessing that picking a Random thing doesn't exclude things that are already at max level.

-Tug

Experiencing rather odd behaviour with Explore in a patch3+cp1 game... literally every single out of ~12 attempts of using it failed, while using it in earlier version of the game worked most of the time. Character stats are the same in both situations -- Luck 1 and no Explore skill (is that a skill?) which perhaps has something to do with it, but then the desciption says it's Luck/Explore roll vs.4 which sounds rather low, so... just not sure if it's working as intended or if something is up with that.

Stalking ability, trying to use it causes System Error and game exits to desktop. Posting the log here since it's not very long so that's hopefully ok.

[Academagia 1.0.3.1] - [2010-09-04T04:18:55.8244802+02:00] - [Error] - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Academagia.Wrappers.PrerequisiteWrapperBase.GetModifyEffect(EffectType type)

at Academagia.Feedback.FeedbackRecordFactory.GetFeedbackRecord(PersistEntity initiator, PrerequisiteWrapperBase wrapperAction, PhaseAM phase)

at Academagia.Feedback.GeneralFeedbackInfo.SetPlayerActions(PersistEntity initiator, PrerequisiteWrapperBase wrapperAction, PhaseAM phase)

at Academagia.Feedback.GeneralFeedbackInfo.SetFeedback(PersistEntity initiator, PrerequisiteWrapperBase wrapperAction, PhaseAM phase)

at Academagia.GameSystems.FeedbackSystem.SetFeedback(PersistEntity initiator, PrerequisiteWrapperBase wrapperAction, TimeBasePointer dateTime)

at Academagia.GameSystems.FeedbackSystem.SetFeedback(PersistEntity initiator, PrerequisiteWrapperBase wrapperAction)

at Academagia.GameSystems.ActionSystem.Execute(ExecutionContext context)

at Academagia.GameSystems.GameController.ExecuteActions(GeneralTime dateTime, IEnumerable`1 characters)

at Academagia.GameSystems.GameController.ProcessPhaseActions(GeneralTime dateTime, IEnumerable`1 characters)

at Academagia.GameSystems.GameController.ProcessPhase(IEnumerable`1 characters)

at Academagia.GameSystems.GameController.NextDay()

at Academagia.UI.Views.Scheduler.Scheduler.button1_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)

at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()

at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()

at Academagia.UI.Controls.TransparentButton.OnClick()

at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEve

ntArgs e)

at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)

at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)

at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)

at System.Windows.UIElement.CrackMouseButtonEventAndReRaiseEvent(DependencyObject sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)

at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()

at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)

at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)

This isn't so much a bug as me whining, I admit... but using Favor, having it fail, then losing all the Favor one had with one's professor is really something of a letdown. Especially when you've built up 9 or so favor just to get nothing out of it.

I can understand the relationship with a professor going down one or two if you fail from annoyance/disapproval, but losing all of it makes me pout a bit. It would be nice for the description of the skill to say what exact roll we're making, too.

Not all the time, but pretty commonly- around half the time or so? In this particular game, I can't get anything out of Kate Badcrumble: I raised her to 9/10 twice (...I like tracking comets). Valenta also seems to fail: I've failed both an 10 and a 5. Sido gave me a failure, but sadly I can't remember what the amount of favor I had was. I'll make notes from now on whenever I fail- sadly it does seem to be happening pretty often. I thought it was an expected thing, not a bug. XD

Archived