Black Chicken Studios Forums

Student Familiars

HDL

Girars de Periarde has a quest where he speaks of how he wants a non-animal familiar, making it from plants, however, on his clique information it says he already has a rabbit as his familiar. Incidentally in the second section it does say you've seen all types of familiars but never a plant. That might be an issue if you have the carnivorous plant exotic, or is it set so that text isn't included if you do?

Speaking of which, why do so many students have exotic familiars? I would have thought that the four standard types of familiars, cat, dog, owl and rat would be the most common type of familiar. So far I'm half way through the students and they mostly seem to have exotics. It seems a bit strange that taking a rat as my pet would be far rarer than most of the exotics.

H;

That's an excellent point about Girar's Adventure- some explanation (and perhaps a slightly different Stage) are in order if you already have a Plant Familiar. ;)

The common Familiars represent animals most often associated with Wizards, and generally easily available to even the poorest or most isolated families. The Students of the Academagia, however, have varying backgrounds and wealth, and thus are exposed to a wider variety of Familiars.

I have a second one. Oriabel's Adventure, The Collision in the Hallway, seems to be about hunting for ghosts. If you have the Ghost Familiar, Pamela, though, something be different. Even the option for you to show her Pamela and then having Pamela refuse, or being unable to find her, would at least acknowledge that you do have a ghost familiar and have seen a ghost.

And does the shade count as a ghost or not?

Archived