Black Chicken Studios Forums

Familiar Questions

Nikolaj

I'm still not sure I understand exactly how familiars work. You're not supposed to be able to train their skills higher than the bond level, right? Because in my current game, I've been able to do that.

Does the parent skill determine the limit you can train their skills to, or is that decided by whichever bond subskill applies to the skill you're trying to train?

Also, as I understand it, you get half of the familiars skill level added on top of your own. Does this apply in all situations? Does the familiar get half of your skill level added? I'm guessing no on that last one, but maybe it should?

Nikolaj;

Bear in mind that while your Infiltration is 8, the level applied to your Character is 7 (because of your Bond Level).

Now you've lost me, I'm afraid. Are you saying that it's possible to train familiar skills above the bond level, but that the excess level are wasted?

PS I see you abide. :(

Yeah, well I could be just sitting at home with pee stains on my rug. :)

Nikolaj;

No, sorry- what I meant is that if your Familiar has a higher Skill than their Bond Level, it is not applied to you in full. It's not possible to Train a Familiar's Skill higher than their Bond, but you can achieve a higher Skill in some cases, due to Increase or Expand Skill Maximum Effects.

Alright, thanks. I guess that must've been what happened with the infiltration skill. I wish there was some way to see if a skill or attribute is being modified.

Archived