Black Chicken Studios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Schwarzbart

reprimanded for skipping detention - there was no detention

Today I got the message "You been reprimanded for skipping detention" but so far I didnt get any detention!

Is this a normal "Event" or some kind of bug?

I make a backup save in chase you whant to have a look at it.

Schwarzbart;

Did you set Actions ahead in the week? Presently, when you gain Detention, it does not replace any Actions you have set there.

Let me know- if you have not, please pm me a RapidShare link to the save.

Thanks!

Yes I did set for this day the day bevor but the day bevore I didnt get any detention. (And its not the first time I got a message that I missed a detention when I am 100% sure I didnt haved one and didnt get one and just loading again at the start of the day and let it process anew usualy let this message fanish.)

I've seen it too. I just assumed that someone had "framed" me that I didn't know about. Since I'm such a min maxer I end up reloading when it happens

Maybe somwhat related.

Today I got "You have been reprimated for trespassing!" but cant see any detention in the next 2 weeks.

I would'nt think of anything if I didnt get already detentions because of trespassing with this char but so it looks like a bug.

Schwarzbart;

No problem! I feel fairly certain we know what the problem is.

Thanks!

I can confirm this. If you plan ahead and then get detention, the detention does not override what is planned. There is nothing that ever specifies WHEN a detention will be held. Currently, the only way that we know that we actually have detention is when it shows up automagically in the schedule. We need either a message telling us WHEN a detention session is going to be held, or detention needs to override everything else when it appears in the schedule.

It's one thing to choose to miss detention. It's another to miss it because we never knew it was scheduled.

-Tug

Many a time I got skipping detentions because I got detention during a random event in that day and the rest period I spend casting spell or something, so it mean that the detention got slap on directly at that period.