Black Chicken Studios Forums

Declare Vendetta Issue

Legate of Mineta

Three separate instances of a crash related to Declare Vendetta have appeared, and so far we have been unable to replicate it. Even using the game files of those that experience it have not allowed us to see the problem.

If you have experienced this issue, please pm me with your system details as well as your version of .NET.

Please also look for Academagia.log, which should be in C:\ProgramData.

Thanks!

Better question; have you found out what causes it?

Oh Legate, since you have the log file, could you also look into the sound bug?

I reported this earlier that when I try to shut down my sound it also crashes? Back then I let it slip, but after 50 hours of playing the game the game music is 1) giving me a major headache. 2) See 1 but in words that I could never use on the forum.

Off course I could turn off my sound, but I want to listen to my own music instead.

Thnx,

Veggie

This happened to me three times. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game then the current patch for my last attempt. I also ran as administrator, but the game still crashed.

Has anyone mentioned that you are not given the option to choose an NPC to have your vendetta against? Was this supposed to be random or is that part of what's causing the problem?

Do you still want us to send you log files?

(I'm running Patch 4 and CP1 and .Net 4.0.)

Mumbles;

To clarify, you ran the game by right-clicking on Academagia.exe (not the shortcut) and choosing 'Run as Administrator'? If so, and you are still crashing, please e-mail me Academagia.log.

Declare Vendetta is definitely a choice, not random. :)

Yep. Our admin account doesn't have a password. I had to start in Safe Mode and add a PW to the admin account because the game wasn't letting me switch to admin without one. It allowed the switch once I had a PW to type in. :unsure:

I wasn't presented with a choice for the Vendetta. Maybe this is a new problem and not part of the original one?

(Sorry for posting in two places. I'll keep it here. Also, PM-ing log.)

ETA: There's no drop down menu to choose a rival.

I had this problem with win7 64bit. I tried changing the student, date and reputation level but it still crashed consistently. What worked for me was by running the Academagia EXE in compatibility for Windows XP SP3. Now I can declare vendetta and duel with no error messages at all.

The problem I have now is that I cannot cast any spells in duels. What I can do is 'break the dueling circle' and 'pace', and once the npc I'm dueling moves close enough I can strike with sword, punch, slick, wrestle etc.

Lucien;

In Duels, casting Spells works a bit differently than in Calendar Phase. What you will need to do is use the 'Add Pheme to Palette' action to add the Phemes you want, and, when the appropriate Phemes have been added, you can then cast your Spell.

Thanks for the information about running in compatibility!

• 4 years later...

I just ran into this bug with the latest version. I tried running in compatibility mode, but it didn't help.

I can choose the Declare Vendetta option, but at the point where I'm choosing the targets of the various activities there's an empty spot for the target of this action, but no way to choose the target. So it's not entirely surprising when it crashes (though really it shouldn't allow you to continue without valid input).

A) Yes, it is consistent.

B ) No, I do not have a relationship at -8 or lower

C) Win7-64 bit

D) As you would expect, a Null Reference:

[Academagia 2.14.0.0] - [2015-04-19T04:25:22.9524994-04:00] - [Error] - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Academagia.Feedback.EffectSectionInfoFactory.GetEffectSectionInfo(SelectionItemResolveInfo sectionResolvingInfo)
   at Academagia.Feedback.FeedbackRecordFactory.GetFeedbackRecord(PersistEntity initiator, PrerequisiteWrapperBase wrapperAction, PhaseAM phase)
   at Academagia.Feedback.GeneralFeedbackInfo.SetPlayerActions(PersistEntity initiator, PrerequisiteWrapperBase wrapperAction, PhaseAM phase)
   at Academagia.Feedback.GeneralFeedbackInfo.SetFeedback(PersistEntity initiator, PrerequisiteWrapperBase wrapperAction, PhaseAM phase)
   at Academagia.GameSystems.FeedbackSystem.SetFeedback(PersistEntity initiator, PrerequisiteWrapperBase wrapperAction, TimeBasePointer dateTime)
   at Academagia.GameSystems.FeedbackSystem.SetFeedback(PersistEntity initiator, PrerequisiteWrapperBase wrapperAction)
   at Academagia.GameSystems.ActionSystem.Execute(ExecutionContext context)
   at Academagia.GameSystems.GameController.ExecuteActions(GeneralTime dateTime, IEnumerable`1 characters)
   at Academagia.GameSystems.GameController.ProcessPhaseActions(GeneralTime dateTime, IEnumerable`1 characters)
   at Academagia.GameSystems.GameController.ProcessPhase(IEnumerable`1 characters)
   at Academagia.GameSystems.GameController.NextDay()
   at Academagia.UI.Views.Scheduler.Scheduler.button1_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at Academagia.UI.Controls.TransparentButton.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.CrackMouseButtonEventAndReRaiseEvent(DependencyObject sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)

Archived