Black Chicken Studios Forums

Modding Team

Vegejor

And the first cheat mod that gives 10 to every skill as a background rolls out approximately 3 seconds after mod tools hit the interwebs.

Nah, a better cheat would give a +50 bonus to all skill rolls; that way we don't miss the unlockable skills but can still adventure with all options and use the full effect of locations.

At least thats what I'd do... if I did that kind of thing... :)

Good to have you on board, it is always good to see talented people join us.

And yes I was thinking about that as well, doing a summer period. I have even considered once we got the mod running to keep adding weeks for the new school year once in a while. See if we can keep up with the game without having to rebuild it completely when the second year comes out.

Anyway that is all in the distant future. At the moment I am waiting for a mod board and arranging a virtual private server for us to operate from.

Again thnx for joining and I hope we can take the next step before the end of next week. (Which would probably all of us giving our idea's and suggestions. We might also need to pick a team leader, but I think that can wait if nobody volunteers.)

Hmm that is a great idea obvious!

Still how would it work? Would everyone be able to acces it or only one person? I can see possible problems with either.

Can you give us a little bit more information about it?

Anyway to mecharms solution; yes we will definetly do such a thing. Keep a list of all our idea's and work to get them into the game. I think we'll have so many great/crazy idea's it will be hard to get them all in within the next decennia, but still a big list is still better then no list at all. :)

Nah, a better cheat would give a +50 bonus to all skill rolls; that way we don't miss the unlockable skills but can still adventure with all options and use the full effect of locations.

At least thats what I'd do... if I did that kind of thing... :)

Hardcore mode:

You get 5 points instead of 10 in character creation.

All relationships start at -3.

Permanent increased chance of failure.

Actually, that sounds like it would not be a fun experience.

Oh, will we be able to add new locations/lore/people? Also, will we be able to modify existing locations?

Hmm that is a great idea obvious!

Still how would it work? Would everyone be able to acces it or only one person? I can see possible problems with either.

Can you give us a little bit more information about it?

Anyway to mecharms solution; yes we will definetly do such a thing. Keep a list of all our idea's and work to get them into the game. I think we'll have so many great/crazy idea's it will be hard to get them all in within the next decennia, but still a big list is still better then no list at all. :)

You just need to invite people to have access. The issue there is that people would need to install the sharing program (some people might have issues with that).

Basically, when you update files on your version, it updates the central location. Then when other people are connected, it updates their files, too. Yes, this could cause issues. They do keep copies of older versions of files for 30 days, though, so while having multiple people update the same file would be an issue, any data would be recoverable.

Google docs is nice because people can modify the same file at the same time, right? (Not sure, haven't used it much myself.)

Obvious; I think we can create such a modus, it should actually be quite easy. Just create a premade character sheet the people can select. In that light I also think we can add an easy modus, just reverse what you just mentioned. Those would be simple alterations if I understood Legate. Off course such a thing wouldn't replace the normal version, which we'll use to build the game. They would simply be options for gamers to select, it wouldn't change the rest of the game.

To your other question; again from what I heard from Legate all those should be quite easy to change with the tools.

Hardcore mode:

You get 5 points instead of 10 in character creation.

All relationships start at -3.

Permanent increased chance of failure.

Actually, that sounds like it would not be a fun experience.

Oh, will we be able to add new locations/lore/people? Also, will we be able to modify existing locations?

Just make it a character background of "Snobbery" and you're set. Offset with an expanded Parental Approval for the income and bonus to Intelligence and/or Strength and you're off to the races.

In creating mod background options, we would be able to set the character point cost for a background, yes? I know there are a couple of backgrounds that cost 2 character points. If someone really wanted to make that 'hard mode' background, they could effectively make it give a player -5 points during character creation by making the background cost 5 character points.

Yeah I guess that would work as well. It seems we already got alot of great idea's out to help improve the game and we barely got started.

Nice work so far.

Archived