Black Chicken Studios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wits

What does Durability do?

Hi,

I've been wondering about the durability of items; what does it do, and in which situations does this doing take place? Why are my gloves as "perishable" as my apples, whereas my robes are "durable"? What about the associated numerical values? How do they fit into the picture?

Wits;

In the case of Perishable, the Durability is the number of Phases (6 to a Day) that the Item will persist until it spoils or rots away.

In the case of Durable, the Durability is how many 'hit points' they have before being destroyed.

Ah, it is as I thought, then. It simply seemed strange to be having perishable gloves, and I haven't yet seen a situation in which items get damaged, so I haven't been able to verify the hp theory. Thank you for the answer!

I no longer have them because they, well, perished. I recall they gave a bonus to climbing and avoid detection, the name was appropriate, something like "gloves of the cat thief". They were worth 560 pims, if I remember correctly.

Wits;

It *is* strange to have Perishable Gloves- what's the name of the Item for a quick review?

Thanks!

There are also some items that are illegal at the academy and as soon you get a reprimand they are thaken away, maybe this is one of this items.

Turns out I had a save with the gloves after all; I thought I had saved over everything, but apparently I hadn't. Sorry about the extra fuss. The gloves are called "Cat Burglar Gloves", and they are perishable with durability 2.

Wits;

Thanks!

I don't see it immediately, but I'll hunt it down. If you come across it again, or remember the full name, please let me know.

Yrs.