Black Chicken Studios Forums

Muffin Man

mecharm

Muffin Man

Finally! After a long day of deciphering ancient texts, dodging spells and generally just surviving the day, you can finally sit down and eat something.

You take a deep breath, close your eyes and concentrate hard on all the wondrous food you are going to fill your empty stomach with. A tiny smile forms on your mouth as the image of the roasted beef pops into your mind, and soon both your ears are smiling as you finish the daydreaming with the image of a giant ice cream.

Academagia is a wondrous place where magic is abundant and can take shape in many forms, but the one you like the most is when it's simply just awesome. You open your eyes and before you on the table are all the food you have imagined.

After a few seconds of admiring the beauty of the food you unleash yourself on it, and soon empty plates start to pile around you.

You are about to finish off a cheese cake stuffed with more cheese, when you notice a huge muffin amongst the piles of empty plates. That's weird, you didn't want a muffin.

You put down your fork and slowly reach for the muffin, when two enormous black eyes and a tiny mouth appear on it;

- Hey bro, what's up?

This is new...you feel panic slowly creeping up your spine. You've seen many weird things but a talking muffin is deffinetely new on your list...

Skill: Cooking

Even though you are sure some kind of magic is involved with the little guy, it's still a muffin, so your best chance would be to examine the food part and take care of the rest later.

Success: As you hold the muffin closer to your face, those huge black eyes seem to measure you up too;

- Man, I love your hair...but I bet the girls don't!

Soon it turns out that, you were right on both accounts; the muffin is magical and it's the baking which made it that way. There are a few huge pieces of mandel in its...hair, a rare magical spice that can be imbued with various lasting magical effects. Even though the muffin guy is already starting to annoy you, you realise its extreme value and rarity so you quickly shove it in your pockets.

You acquire: Muffin Man

Failure: After a few minutes of intense concentration you come to following conclusion: this is a muffin, and it talks.

- You are not very smart, right man? - says the muffin smiling innocently.

You look into its deep eyes for a while, then you slowly put it back on the plate and leave the hall.

Skill: Enchant

The muffin is clearly magical, you are guessing some sort of enchantment must have been placed on it. Your best bet is to start looking for clues in that direction...

Success: It's clear that very powerful magic was involved in the muffin's creation but you just can't pinpoint it. You are about to give it up when you notice that all the ley lines on the muffin's surface are running into the same points. Recalling one of your lectures about material components for heavy duty enchanting you realize those are not some abstract points on a magical plane but mandels, a very rare and valuable kind of spice that can hold powerful enchantment spells.

- Man, this place is boring...let's go to the bakery...if you act cool, I maybe able to hook you up with a pie!

Even though the muffin guy is already starting to annoy you, you realise its extreme value and rarity so you quickly shove it in your pockets.

Failure: The muffin is a mess. There is just so much magic going on with it, that you can't make heads or tails of it. After long minutes of trying to figure something out, you realize you are getting hungry again, and since you already have a muffin in your hand...

- Hey, what are you doing? Don't tease me bro!

Shoving your ethical and gastronomical reservations aside you devour the screaming muffin in seconds.

Skill: Bravery

You are sitting in the middle of a school for magic. The muffin is talking. You are hungry. The choice is clear.

Success: - Hey, what are you doing? Don't tease me bro!

Shoving your ethical and gastronomical reservations aside you devour the screaming muffin in seconds.

Failure: You just can't do it. Maybe it's those deep sad eyes, maybe it's that tiny smiling mouth and the funky "hairdo", or maybe you just find it gross to eat something that checks out the girls around you and tells horrible jokes all the time. With a big sigh you put the muffin in your pocket.

Muffin Man

The magical muffin extraordinaire! This mystical piece of delicious dessert with its huge black eyes and tiny mouth is your trusty companion in both good and bad. Annoying someti...most of the times, the Muffin Man is an artifact of great magic, and even though you still haven't found any practical use for it, the very fact that you have found it must give you some good points with destiny...and he's a very good conversation piece too!

+ 2 pure luck

+ 2 befriend

Indeed this is a great event. Love the humor and the effects it grants.

I will definetly have to keep an eye out for you.

Hahhaa! Mecharm, you have a really good way with words and such a quirky sense of humour. All the events you've written make me smile and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

That Muffin Man though, I'd destroy it! SQUISH! It's so annoying. Nomnomnom.

• 3 weeks later...

It seems to me like a Muffin Man should be a perishable item. Eventually he'd rot, or the magic-carrying spices would rub off, or he'd get eaten by someone's familiar, or just get in a doomed fight with a rat somewhere.

It seems to me like a Muffin Man should be a perishable item. Eventually he'd rot, or the magic-carrying spices would rub off, or he'd get eaten by someone's familiar, or just get in a doomed fight with a rat somewhere.

Aw...rotting Muffin Man image makes me sad :)

Glad you guys like it!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived