Black Chicken Studios Forums

Trespassing? But I have Visitation Rights!

FunnyMan3595

The Discoveries: Libraries history option says, "This background grants you an extra level to your Library Knowledge and Filing Skills, and grants you access to two libraries - the Library of Manetele and the Library of the Mantle of Stars - from which most of your fellow students are technically barred."

It's not quite explicit, but this strongly implies that you get Visitation Rights to those two libraries. Yet in the game that I just started in the latest version (patch 3 + content patch 1), I have been assigned detention for trespassing on a day when I only attended classes and visited the Library of the Mantle of Stars. Since I'm clearly allowed to attend class, I can only assume that I've been reprimanded for visiting the Library of the Mantle of Stars, which I should have Visitation Rights for!

In a more blatant example, back on my unpatched game I was repeatedly reprimanded for "trespassing" in the Champion's Room, despite having gained knowledge and Visitation Rights through using a Merit Prize!

The instructors at Academagia are capricious, certainly, but it's just blatantly unfair to punish me for visiting a location I've been told I'm allowed at.

FunnyMan;

If you have Visitation Rights to a Location, you should not be able to be Reprimanded for Visiting there, unless you have a Chance of Discovery provided by something else. The same is true of the Libraries, if you have taken that Background.

This sounds like an issue- we'll try to close it in Patch 5.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Darkhawk;

Yes- looks like the issue appeared after the change in how Research Topics are Informed.

Thanks!

Well Im up to date on patches and I just paid my tuition of 900 to get into Contu's and twice now Ive gotten detention, even twice on one day it seems. Is this going to be a problem that will be fixed with the next patch?

Saluki;

It should be, yes- there is another source of Detention for Trespassing, though, and that is if you have a Chance of Discovery applied directly to your Character. That's rare, though, and probably isn't the issue in your character's case.

In what cases would that be?

Archived