Black Chicken Studios Forums

How do you keep the Bullies off?

Werdna

Werdna;

The most direct way to deal with him is to challenge him to a Duel. If you win, he won't be able to use Hostile Actions on you for the rest of the year, due to the Duel Geas.

If you are decent at Social Skills, you can try to get him above 5 Relationship. He may still Bully you on the rare occasion, but it will be much less.

Werdna;

The most direct way to deal with him is to challenge him to a Duel. If you win, he won't be able to use Hostile Actions on you for the rest of the year, due to the Duel Geas.

If you are decent at Social Skills, you can try to get him above 5 Relationship. He may still Bully you on the rare occasion, but it will be much less.

That's how it's supposed to work? Hrm. I kept getting bullied by Joana of Morvidus, and dueled and beat her, but the very next week (I reduced her to -2 Vitality) she was back to her old tricks.

Werdna;

How exactly do you get the challenge to duel action though? After several playthroughs I've yet to get it.

DuckSauce;

Train Schoolyard Education (in School Survival Skills) and then have a low Relationship with a Student. :unsure:

I've had both once(when being a bully for a while), but will try again sometime.

What about duel conduct? It would seem appropriate for learning when/how to challenge someone to a duel.

DuckSauce;

You are right- there are a wide number of ways that could potentially net you that Action. I think in Year 2 we'll make it a bit more diverse (as you will see)...:unsure:

Speaking of duels, it's fairly easy to keep neutral/friends with everyone(and thus avoid bullying/duels altogether), why are there no "friendly" or practice duels? (or even school hosted duel tournaments!)

Odd. I got fed up with Philippe Marchant bullying me, so I ended up dueling him. I won (by Wrath of the Comet's Tail x2 beforehand), and I selected "Keep Silent" after my win because I didn't feel like gloating. That said, I still have him Bullying me on occasion. He also throws a few other low level spells my way, but I never looked up to see if any of them construed a hostile action. Bully I definitely know does. It's starting to get on my nerves. I tried declaring another vendetta, but of course I can't get another duel. You'd think after the number of times I've sent him to the infirmary that he'd be quieter.

Any ideas how to proceed?

Archived