Black Chicken Studios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tomwa

Character Portraits

Why do the character portraits all appear to be that of 7-9 year olds? Just kinda breaks the immersion for me when I make my character and then am given the appearance of some one prepubescent.

You know, somehow I missed that. From the very young pictures and the 'no dating' deal, my mental assumption has been that the characters were definitely preteens, if that- probably 9 to 11, leaning towards 9 and my eyes have slid over everything else. If they really are thirteen, they seem to be a very idealized, innocent thirteen. But I suppose that's okay for a fantasy game.

I thought the portraits were excellent and seemed very age-appropriate. Ha! I just noticed all the colleges have a different uniform. I never realised that before.

The only main issue I had was that Picollet Gleyre is described as large and big-boned and a giant in his description, but the portrait doesn't seem to convey that. And Everwine is described as a small, round boy, but he too doesn't seem all that round.

I did find that some students have more character in their portraits than others. There were a number of boys, in particular, who looked very generic, whereas with most of the girls their personalities seemed to come through better. It might be with girls having a whole range of hairstyles, while almost all the boys are suitably short-haired there's limitations there.

Innocent? Sir, you skimmed a lot of event text, didnt you? Those little buggers are a horde of imps. I dont know any innocent boys and girls among those little devils.

I pity the poor bastards whose responsibility is to take care of them.

Innocent? Sir, you skimmed a lot of event text, didnt you? Those little buggers are a horde of imps. I dont know any innocent boys and girls among those little devils.

I pity the poor bastards whose responsibility is to take care of them.

St. Trinian's meets Harry Potter. I don't know if anybody gets the first reference, there. :)