Black Chicken Studios Forums

Items!...specifically, the broom.

Mikka

I discovered it. It was a very nice broom, I'm sure, but I could not 'use' it as an item, nor could I place it in to a spot in my inventory (weapon, book, plant, etc), so the bonus was not given.

This may be because I did not have the Administration skill. The broom did not 'alert' me to the skill's existence.

I had the same issue with... um, it was something like rags and aprons, I got it from Gwendy's clique ability, and it was supposed to raise cooking. Couldn't equip it or 'use' it, didn't have any cooking skill.

Today I got some Food and put it into the Food slot without identiving it. To my suprise the action the item gives was enable and gives the complet description of the effect.

(I didnt thry to use it because the effect didnt look like it was wort spent a time slot)

Sadly I dont remember witch food item it was it.

Edit:

Herald's Whisker sould be a Sword acording to the description but it have the Bag Icon and cant equipt in a Hand Slot

Ranielle;

This particular one is supposed to have a dual use: it can be both a Duel Action and has a passive Effect as well. Unfortunately, it was typed as 'miscellenea', because the person in question did not understand that the Type the game needs and understands is not the quite the same thing is its classification. :)

Not only can you not equip Herald's Whisker, but in the adventure it describes it as being the size of a cats whisker (from the place you retrieve it it couldn't be much longer than one foot). Then suddenly it becomes the size of a sword when you identify it. It's not a big deal but it is a bit strange. :)

Archived