Black Chicken Studios Forums

Wiki preferences?

zephyr7990

Hello people of the Academagia Forum. I've been trying to add to the wiki, specifically the Adventure section.

My primary question is how do we want to organize the adventure section: should each part of the adventure (the part you can do within one day) have its own page? Or should we keep all parts of the adventure together? The advantage of each having its own page is that it is simple to search for the part that you are on, which typically has a different name. The pre-existing pages are in the latter format, and are frankly better done (I've only taken a few minutes on each though I intend to go back and clean them up).

My secondary question is: what do we want on the wiki and what do we NOT want on it? Frankly I've never contributed to a wiki before and I don't know if there are some unspoken rules beyond the standard minimize spoilers.

Also this is my first post: hi!

Good question. I think it's better to keep all parts of an adventure on one page (otherwise, you'll get ridiculous amount of pages with little substance). The only challenge with this set up is helping people find which storyline their current adventure belongs to. I think this is most easily done by having an adventure "hub" page, which would simply list the parts for all adventures or having a couple of these lists, splitting up adventures by topic (i.e. main quest/student adventures/familiar adventures etc.)

Basically, like you have a skill page with lists of unlocks for sub-skills, you'd have a list like this:

Main Quest: [Name of the main character of the adventure (or the topic) - Removed due to spoilers] - Llnk to the page for the adventure series.

1. A reward for a job well done

2. A room for the night

3. ...

4. ...

Reward: XXX

Main Quest: Guards - Link to the page to the adventure series.

1. A Meeting at the Tavern

2. Glamorous Thief

3. ...

Reward: YYY

On your secondary question, I think it's better to not post any adventure text apart from a short description outlining the purpose of the adventure series. Otherwise, I am not aware of any unspoken rules...

Welcome to the wiki madness, by the way.

My personal preference would be to stick to the facts. The adventure is a series of events, and the naming will be corrected in a later patch so you can find the series by name. So putting the different parts on one page keeps it together.

No fluff text, just the factual options and effects of those. People can then also decide if they even want to do the adventure for the outcome/payoff. If they want to do it for the story, then they'll have to play it. At least they'll be knowing what they are doing :)

Hey there! Thanks for the effort of helping the community :)

I would go with the 1 page to rule it all myself.

Also, what I would like to see is a section for the stuff that was added with the DLC(s)...don't ask why, my mind works in mysterious ways.

Archived