Black Chicken Studios Forums

Typos and Such in Patch 5

KenP

Typographical errors:

Vihuelan Practcum: refers to gaining "experience", rather than "expanding by a skill step"

Item: Rymbaldian Plough-Stave: "consider the 'plough-stave'sacred" (missing space)

Random Event Patrol 9: "the thing is,Llarina de Avuel" (missing space)

Valedictory Lecture of Professor Ambleby: "... under the dragons gaze" (Missing apostrophe)

Notational Glamour spell: "As it stands the Easy Read spell..." (Wrong Spell)

Perform Music: Lute "Performing a musical piece on your Lyre" (Cut/paste error)

Paint a fog (action) "impenitrable" (Should be impenetrable)

Random event crafting 9: "Phillipe means someone to be catapulted not someone to pull the lever" (comma between catapulted, not)

Teach (Revision Spell): Lists difficulty, not check (presumably Revision)

Random Event Foraging 18: "Storytelling: show modest and ..." (modesty)

Intense Focus spell: "Action Types Hostile"?

Random Event Theft 3: Els Rottmundynhad" (missing space)

Professor Storey's Office: Profssor's Desk "Imperil Palace" (Imperial)

Random Event Arithmetic 2: "Professor ProfessorValenta"

Member of my clique used Befriend on me

Random Event Kitchen 4: "the cooks says in jest"

Help Sheary Show His True Self: failed Character Study: "whySheary" (missing space)

Turn Sheary into a smooth, bad boy: Character Study: "With 's help" (Missing character name)

Random Event Tavern 13: Reason "that said,He" (missing space)

Random Event Research 10: "ou take a big bite..." (Missing Y in you)

Random Event Tavern 20 "Academagia" rather than "the Academagia"

Daily report, after shopping from a catlog "The total cost of your purchases were -240". (cost is singular, should use was, not were. Inappropriate context for the negative number. Cost is a positive number, deducted from my cash on hand)

Lore naming issues:

The following Lores have seemingly arbitary * symbols on the end of their titles. Lores marked (x2) are dupicated, once with the * and once without.

A Musician's Guide to Harpsichord Crafting*

On Music, by Rieulle Chastellan* (x2)

Song of the Morning*

An Ivres Citizen's Letter to Her Mother* (x2), attained at different levels of Harpsichord

The Science of Music, by Sigil Horncroft*

How to Learn Songs* (x2) (gained from different sources)

In additon, the lore Theory of Arithmetic SP V has identical text to the lore Most Special Occasions

Description/effect mismatches:

Earth sprite nest: says expand Artisan by 1 ss, was expanding by 2

Casting Scan Music only increased Lute, Harpischord subskills, claims to increase other music skills as well

Feedback/Lack thereof:

When an increase boosts your skill to the maximum level, even if there is still room for training, the skill display will clam your skill is at maximum rather than showing you how much training is still needed (Conversely, once you have trained to the maximum level, the skill display *won't* say so if you have an additional increase)

Minor exaustion has decreased two random skills. Which random skills? Who knows?

Other issues:

The shops Joy of Music: Catalog c and Daniel 'Big Danny' Carter's Storefront appear to be empty

Godina students apparently don't have visitation rights to Godina common room, or its South corner. Which raises the question of who can use the common room.

Oddities, probably working as intended:

If two colleges increase their merit at the same time, both can win the merit prize

A character without a familiar can still pick familiar training/escapades backgrounds

Selective Focus: Skill selection NOT broken down by parent skill

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- RE Common Room 3

"lets out and excited yelp"

Typo: and --> an

- RE Professor Office 8

"every other sheet Professor She picks up"

Remove: Professor --> "every other sheet She picks up"

- Holiday [ The Wedding Feast ]

misaligned picture

- RE Town Shop 2

"stooped over the counter.."

Remove: extra period --> "stooped over the counter."

- The Feeling Beasts - A Desperate Favor

"(?) suggests putting a few"

err... (?) is which random Morvidus NPC student?

- "Merit Prize XV" description

"an increase to one a random skill"

Remove: a --> "an increase to one random skill"

- The Fleeing Beasts - A Pirate in Disguise

"it as every bit intimidating as"

Insert: is --> "it is as every bit intimidating as"

and some more...

- "Courteous Gestures" (NPC?) ability misuse

According to the ability's description it's supposed to be used on a target of the opposite gender as the ability user (implied, I believe). But one of my female clique member just succeeded at using Courteous Gestures on a female NPC (Emilia Picotti used it on Cosetta Re). Casting this ability on oneself also happened (Neta Xamutre on herself).

- RE Rimbal 11

My character doesn't have any Rimbal skills except maybe Endurance (I got it from various random event awards and clique member bonuses). After a successful Exit choice, my character gained a skill step increase on Rimbal Tactics.

Does Endurance have to be specifically be a subskill of the Rimbal parent skill? (I dunno but I have a feeling that I'm not going to like Rimbal at all when it gets "expounded" later in the higher years. Will there be any other "special" sports later? ;))

Rideword and Random Logician;

Excellent, thank you!

Courteous Gestures appears to suffer from the same selection issue as previous.

Rimbal is not the only sport on campus, but it is the one to have received specific attention as a mini-game. That doesn't bar expansion in the sports area at all, though. ;)

Schwarzbart;

Thanks! We'll review that Difficulty in DLC 2.

Mikka;

Thanks!

Searched the forum and didn't find any typo report for this well known location so here it is

Location Description for The Venalicium Library : The Tutor's Desk

Missing space in the first sentence

Those who visit (...) will note a1 point increase

Balance Pheme Description

those who excel in Artifice find this Pheme constantly on their Palate

I am not a native English speaker but after checking in an English dictionary, for meanings I would not be aware of, it still looks suspicious to me. I would expect Palette.

DUCK! I mean here comes more :)

- Bait (on pg 7-8)

"I need more here than for you to just find Ilaro."

Poor sentence structure. May I suggest:

"This is more than just finding Ilaro." OR "This isn't just about finding Ilaro."

- Bait

"in an as wise a circumference as you can"

Typo: wise --> wide

"squints at the sun overheard"

Typo: overheard --> overhead

- Making the Mask

"you have a decent sized brother is simmering on top of black stone"

Typo: (corrected) "you have a decent-sized broth simmering on top of the black stone"

"You do good work"

Typo: do --> did

"would be down right impossible"

Typo: down right --> downright

- Guard Duty (start)

On page 5 (and onwards) of the 9-page text (using default font size settings), all the text gained the italic property.

- Prison Break

"Ilaro is not a bad wizard," Orsi.

Insert: says --> "Ilaro is not a bad wizard," says Orsi.

"you're going to by relying more on luck"

Typo: by --> be

"After all it is it the hands spell"

Remove: it --> "After all it is the hands spell"

"played a role in the seige"

Typo: seige --> siege

- RE Garden 2

The variable for the random NPC name is broken (or wrong). Instead of just showing the NPC's full name, it showed the first 70 characters of the NPC's Description text.

- RE Crafting 19

"With a groan give up trying"

Insert: ", you" --> "With a groan, you give up trying"

- RE Theater 1

"hide the scissors behind your back"

Typo: your --> her

- RE Physical Activity 22

"date with the cobble stones and"

Remove: extra space --> "date with the cobblestones and"

and about ...

- "Merit XIII"

There's really none, is it?

I found the item "Tiny Golden Ball", which is supposed to grant its possessor increases to Spy and Hide. However, it does nothing for my character, whose relevant skills are still at 0. (The item's in the backpack, as I couldn't find a place to hold it, if it needs to be held.)

In Sima's adventure about the bracelet, there's a certain stage where there's a blank space in the list of Adventures where the Adventure title should be, though I could still select it. I've seen this previously for another adventure as well, but can't remember which one.

the more... the many-er?

- RE Athletics 6

"to finish you team in first place!"

Add/Typo: "with your" --> "to finish with your team in first place!"

- RE Disguise/Infiltration 4

"the librarian didn's see you"

Typo: didn's --> didn't

- "Academagia: Nanteredal's Headstone" description

"and very night his ghost"

Typo: very --> every

- RE Daytime 6

"on way to your next class"

Insert: your --> "on your way to your next class"

- RE Kitchen 14

"After you polite and carefully"

Typo: you --> your

"If mixed these two"

Insert: I --> "If I mixed these two"

- RE Rescue 4

"Sigalis<newline>is facing"

Replace: <newline> with " " (space) --> "Sigalis is facing"

"she explains. With shouting."

Remove: ". With" --> "she explains shouting."

"current direction,<newline>She's just"

Replace: <newline> with " " (space) --> "current direction, She's just"

- RE Disguise/Infiltration 13

"your shoulder and turn around"

Insert: you --> "your shoulder and you turn around"

"as if you're going to go get the box"

Insert: and --> "as if you're going to go and get the box"

- The Dark Tunnel to Wisdom (successful Glamour exit)

"it and all of it's friends"

Remove: ' (apostrophe) --> "it and all of its friends"

- Speaking to Dead Plants

On the successful "Explore" exit (creek, dead earth/ground), it just went back to the start. (I'm not sure if this is correctly handled so I decided to just report it.)

"Oan has got to her feet"

Typo: got --> gotten

- Finding the Oldest...

"the glade was telling use to check"

Typo: use --> us

"Golden Lilly Pads"

Typo: Lilly --> Lily

- Really... Big... Bugs

"they begin the hurry around"

Typo: the --> to

- RE Creature 7

"send the kanewt flying"

Typo: kanewt --> kanewit

(Is that really how it is spelled? kanewt sounds better than kanewit)

and some issues...

- "Courteous Gestures" results which happened on "The Sententae"

(copied verbatim and I have a female character)

Emilia Picotti succeeded at using courteous

Gestures on Emilia Picotti and yourself

The Relationship of Emilia Picotti and

Beatrix von Wetgen was increased by

increased by 2.

Your Relationship with Emilia Picotti was

increased by 2 by Emilia Picotti.

The Merit tally was NOT shown at the end of the report. I assumed that the "Rumors from the Academagia" section is complete since it showed the activities of 13 students (12 clique members + 1 student NPC that I have no idea as to how I acquired his info).

- "Groom Familiar" ability malfunction

According to the ability's description (as I understand them), it will increase my familiar's (Pamela btw) Charm by 1 for 3 days and a random subskill of the Bond parent skill by 1 skill step permanently. In the Confirmation Orders panel, it let me choose which subskill I would like to increase. And below that field, is the word Random. That confused me indeed.

At the End of the Day report, I successfully increased both Charm and the "chosen" Bond subskill. I checked my familiar's info panel and there was no visible increase in the "chosen" subskill (or any other subskills).

- "Train at the Locratian Library" ability

(as above, no increase on the chosen Bond subskill)

- RE Music 4

This random event was triggered even though my character has only a Voice subskill (of 2) under the Music parent skill and she definitely does NOT have a Music subject.

(Slippery hands being the result of too much tallow during soapmaking class? Really, in my Zoology subject? My character has no "crafting" classes whatsoever.)

Can the skills/subjects of Clique members affect which random event you could possibly encounter or not?

Bipbipbopbop and Rideword;

Thanks- these will be closed in DLC 2.

Rideword;

For the issues:

Courteous Gestures should inherit the Target, but presently does not- that means the typical outcome is two different characters, and not always of the opposite gender.

You automatically gain Information on your Friends- so with 12 Clique Members, you will have 12 reports. Was the Merit Tally gone in History, do you mean? It is a known issue that it does not appear there.

Groom Familiar and Train at the Library: The Expansion is a Skill Step, and may not immediately result in a Skill Level. In the future, there will be reporting here, so you can monitor your Familiar's progress.

For Random Events- these are purely Random, although some Prerequisites can be applied. Certainly, that should be the case for the Music Events.

Thanks!

Groom Familiar and Train at the Library: The Expansion is a Skill Step, and may not immediately result in a Skill Level. In the future, there will be reporting here, so you can monitor your Familiar's progress.

Yes, I know about the 1 SS expansion but the Bond subskills needed only one (1) SS to increase its skill level. That's why I was confused as to why the chosen Bond subskill didn't change/increase at all. (I thought maybe that Pamela's case is a special one though I've already raised her Bond parent skill to 2 with all subskills at 2.)

You automatically gain Information on your Friends- so with 12 Clique Members, you will have 12 reports. Was the Merit Tally gone in History, do you mean? It is a known issue that it does not appear there.

Yes, the Merit tally was not shown on that day. (My first time to actually encounter such "bug".)

On Random Events, there should really be "qualifier tags" for each of them so that a player can only get certain Random Events if they meet the requirements for the "qualifier tags".

Rideword;

Interesting! In the first case, I would like to see the problem, if you happen to have a save from that situation? If so, please pm me with a RapidShare link for it.

I will double-check- it's possible that Merit did not show because there was no activity that Day to report: a situation which is possible, but very unlikely.

For Random Events, we have the ability to provide some kinds of tags, but not others (for instance: class Events, or Events taking place in Class, cannot be prohibited on the weekend.) We'll have much more flexibility in Year 2.

Thanks!

I'm still playing my 3rd character on Patch 5 so I'll just keep on posting here. Hopefully, I can finish the first academic year tomorrow. :)

Not much here since I was busy testing you know what :)

- RE City Street 5

"You aska round to where"

Typo: aska round --> ask around

- RE Patrol 3

"performing you average"

Typo: you --> your

- RE Forge 13

"Instead is a person"

Typo: is --> of

- Basia's Going to Make Sure She's the Best

"<Basia's Clique Name> wants to be the top"

<Basia's Clique Name> should be changed to just <Basia's First Name>

"Your in most circumstances irritatingly"

Insert: commas --> "Your, in most circumstances, irritatingly"

- RE Revenge 8

"you let it be the joke it is"

Insert: that --> "you let it be the joke that it is"

- The Missing Outlines

"outlines to<Basia's First Name>'s future"

Insert: space --> "outlines to <Basia's First Name>'s future"

- In the Den of the Librarians

"On to the next step in the plan."

Replace: in --> of

- Rearranging the Chaos

".Oh no!"

Remove: period --> "Oh no!"

- RE Forest 4

"restored to its pervious condition"

Typo: pervious --> previous

- Scapegoats Aplenty

"the rumor's orgin has been"

Typo: orgin --> origin

Among the failure story text it was mentioned that I was served a Detention and yet at the End of the Day report I saw none. I checked the days and weeks that followed it and I saw no Detention. :)

Also, Flore was angry (disappointed?) at me for spreading the bad rumors and yet at the End of the Day report, my relationship with Flore increased by 1.

- RE Aranaz 7

"your see your haste"

Typo: (corrected) "you see your haste"

I should have separated that one from the typo errors but anyway here:

- Scapegoats Aplenty

"the rumor's orgin has been"

Typo: orgin --> origin

(followed by below) :)

Among the failure story text it was mentioned that I was served a Detention and yet at the End of the Day report I saw none. I checked the days and weeks that followed it and I saw no Detention. :)

Also, Flore was angry (disappointed?) at me for spreading the bad rumors and yet at the End of the Day report, my relationship with Flore increased by 1.

Yep, all three can be found in the "Scapegoat Aplenty" event (Basia Rydz's Adventure).

Archived