On the 7th of Hionosi:

Aranaz-------266

Avila---------236

Durnad-------236

Godina-------216

Hedi----------206

Morvidus-----356

Vernin--------356

Just found it a bit odd that every one ends in a six!

Those guys in Morvidus will just not go away!

Thank goodness for Vincent Eins, he is one merit winning little dude for Vernin, we have won every merit prize so far but its been close lately.

Guess Im going to have to chip in some more, help old Vincent out...

Vernin seems overly favored in the Merit competition; a player student in, say, Hedi or Godina stands very little chance of ever winning Merit Prizes, while a Vernin character needn't put forth very much effort at all since their fellow Vernin students generate Merit faster, collectively, than the other NPC students.

To put this in perspective, I have only seen Vernin below first place when playing as a Vernin character, and it did not take a large amount of PC contribution to put Vernin back on top.

I absolutely choose Vernin for the Merit possibilities. Ive had characters in Godina and Hedi and found they fall far behind Vernin pretty quickly. I remember reading something the Legate posted which said Vernin has more students and therefore a natural advantage in the Merit race.

In the game posted above, Morvidus has been coming on strong in the last month. I don't like to lose any merit prizes so I compete whenever anyone gets close. It helps that Ive worked on my Compete skill as I often get the full 6 points.

I find that competing on a Saturday seems to inspire my fellow students, quite often 3 or 4 different students earn merit for Vernin on the Saturday that I compete. That is usually good enough to last us till the next award, and sometimes we go on a roll. In my last game we ran out more than 100 points ahead of Morvidus after they had closed to within 6.

I find that Vernin, Morvidus, or Aranaz can take the lead of the Merit Competition pretty easily. If I'm in one of those collages and do some competing, I can get us to the top.

Sadly, for the other three, although I can get us a pretty early lead and keep us going till 120 or so, after that, it seems the other collages inevitably overtake us. Meanies.

I sheepishly have to admit that I rarely find myself with those skills... unless I'm playing Aranaz.

It's a smart suggestion, though. And very true. Should make friends with the 'deframe' gal, too- hopefully she'll stop deframing her own collage one of these days.

Just saw the first time negative Merit Points for a House ^^. (Avilia -5)

In my expirience of the last game and this game its hard to keep up with vernin at the start even when I am with Aranza and do some Compete Vernin keeps ahead. (Sure it just was "only" 5 times I used compete in the first 2 week but still)

So I think I bether start a new game and complet ignore the meritpoints (as I usualy do) to not waste the important time slots.

Archived