Black Chicken Studios Forums

The Journal of Marie Gallais

Sheyra

Alright, so, here's the start of my journal/story about Marie Gallais, a first year who strives to be a noble warrior much like her forefathers. I'll let the journal speak for itself. Feel free to move this to a more appropriate location if need be. I'll be posting Marie's starting stats and the like, along with an opening 'entry' from her perspective describing who she is, and I'll give a weekly 'wrap-up' showing her updated stats. Along the way, I'll post journal entries for interesting days, and I'll try to cover all of the important bits on each day in a small summary, even if I don't write an actual journal entry for her. Oh, and as a quick note, I'm no veteran at this game, I messed around a bit with it last month, but for the most part I'm doing this playthrough without really knowing what's going to be coming, so I'm looking forward to it. Anyways, here's her starting sheet.

Name: Marie Gallais

-- Attributes --

Fitness: 3

Finesse: 1

Charm: 2

Strength: 3

Intelligence: 2

Insight: 2

Luck: 1

Stress: 2/8

Vitality: 5/7

-- Skills --

Athletics: 0 (Study Level: 0)

--- Archery: 1

--- Running: 1

Befriend: 0

--- Temperance: 1

Bully: 0

--- Brute Strength: 1

Forge: 0

--- Courage: 1

Heraldry: 0

--- Etiquette: 1

Language: 0

--- Merilien: 1

Malice: 0

--- Patience: 1

Raid: 0

--- Tactics: 1

Religion: 0

--- Ethics: 2

Rhetoric: 0 (Study Level: 0)

--- Character: 2

--- Confidence: 2

Rimbal: 0

--- Endurance: 1

--- Rimbal Tactics: 1

School Survival: 1

--- Curiosity: 2

--- Familiar Kinship: 1

--- Schoolyard Education: 1

--- Social Skills: 1

--- Study Habits: 3

Sleight-of-Hand: 0

--- Composure: 2

War: 1

--- Famous Battles: 2

--- Leadership: 1

--- Logistics: 1

-- Phemes --

Anger

Fitness

Float

Glory

Meditate

Overt

Righteousness

-- Items --

Heirloom Knife

Letter from Gera (plus all the other pages)

-- Relationships of Note --

Philippe Marchant: -5

-- Origin --

Apprenticeship: Student at Arms

Apprenticeship: Page

Exploits: Shipwrecked!

Family: Black Sheep

Family: Helpful and Attentive

Family: Sports

Friendships: Actually, Bitter Hatred

History: Famous Campaigners

Omen: Island Lights

Prodigy: Bad Luck Magnet

Prodigy: Curiosity

School: Godina

Required Courses: Athletics

Incantation

Music

Electives: Rhetoric

Grammar

History

And here's her opening journal entry. I included all of the negative traits in her background, and I'm rather excited to note that I drew Philippe as my -5 relationship, should make life very interesting for Marie. I'll have her week written up and posted later today, along with the weekly wrapup.

-------------

Greetings to whoever is reading this journal. My name is Marie Gallais, daughter of the respected Gallais family. I am proud to say that my family has a long history of protecting the realm in generations past, with my father, and my father’s father, and my father’s father’s father, and so forth, putting their lives at risk so that others may live in peace. It is a noble calling, and I will strive to live up to the high standard set by my ancestors. I hold the honor and pride of my family name deep within my heart, and I will never forget the deeds of my forefathers.

I was raised to be an upstanding child of character. While my family has no true connection to the nobility or to the royalty, our long standing tradition as formidable warriors often puts us into contact with the upper crust of the population, and thus it is as important to be a respectable, honorable person as it is to be a powerful fighter, if not more so. Strength is fleeting with age, but the depth of a person’s heart and soul will never fade. I consider it important to always live up to the expectations set upon me, even when I am unobserved. Acting in a manner befitting the family name at all times is not so hard, for one must simply have respect for one’s self. Self-respect goes a long way towards becoming a person of character.

Growing up, I was the youngest of three children, and the only daughter. My two older brothers loved sports, and I often found myself being dragged along for the fun. I enjoyed it, though being younger and smaller than them, I often found myself struggling to keep up, but I can say that the benefits of all the hard work as a child have certainly paid off today. I’ve become accustomed to working as hard as I can, even to the point of exhaustion. Some people might think that working so hard is dangerous to my health, but I’ve always been a robust child, and I’ve simply gotten stronger as I’ve gotten older. I’m proud to say that I rarely get ill, even with all the things I put myself through.

But I should clarify that not everything is not well with my family. My father takes a very conservative view towards women, and disapproves of my desire to follow in his footsteps. He encourages my two brothers constantly, working them hard so that they can live up to the family name, but I was always told to stay out of it. My place in life was to be as the wife of some wealthy or noble man, to help raise the status of the Gallais family, not as a knight or warrior of great renown.

If you’re reading this journal, I’m sure you must be aware that I did not simply take this sort of treatment lightly. On the day I was born, the Sky-Lamps were visible high in the skies, and I always took this to mean that I was destined for great things, like my forefathers past. To be told that I would not be allowed to show my valor and courage, but to be forced into a life of servitude to a man I wouldn’t even get to choose, was simply an unbearable thought. But rebelling directly against my father is a simply unforgivable thing in my family, and so I simply attempted to bear with it, hoping that he would change his mind someday.

My mother, bless her heart, was both observant and sympathetic to my plight. When the day came that my father chose to send me to a noble’s court to learn more about the life of the nobility, my mother arranged to have me sent to the court of a man who was more than willing to train an interested child as I had been in the ways of war. Unlike my father, I found that the man cared not about my gender, and trained me hard in both the ways of etiquette and proper speaking, and in the study of war. I learned that half the battle is knowledge, not strength, a lesson that I take to heart, even today.

My teacher decided, to my surprise, to have me enroll at Academagia. This, of course, displeased my father greatly, for he believed that it was unnecessary for someone such as myself to attend such a prestigious school, but thankfully, my noble teacher disagreed, and who am I to go against his wishes? I was sent here and told to obey by my father, after all. My father raged and threatened disinheritance, but I know that my mother will talk him out of it, and besides, it’s not my fault that my teacher just happens to want to send me somewhere that will help me further myself and become my own woman, rather than simply being defined as the wife of some man.

With my teacher’s advice, I decided to enroll in Godina College. To be honest, I don’t really know much about Academagia, but the required classes suit me well. I’ve always been good at Athletics, and I enjoy them quite a bit. I know little about magic, but Incantation seems as good a school to me as any. I’ve always held a love for music, even if I’ve never really had the opportunity to exercise it. I never expected to be taught how to perform, but perhaps I’ll enjoy it. I’m looking forward to trying, at least.

Electives were a bit harder to choose, but after some careful consideration, my first choice was Rhetoric. The art of speaking is a very important one to anyone who wishes to sound intelligent, and I certainly wish for that. Grammar seemed to an obvious second, for I wish to speak properly, not just well, and from what I understand, studying grammar is considered to be a sign of a proper education. My final choice was to be between History and Negation. While History seems a boring class, to be honest, it seems important to learn and understand about the important events in our past. This might sound a bit silly, coming from someone young, but my life is defined by the actions of those who came before me, so it seems suitable to learn about those people. But in the end, I decided to learn about Negation. I know little about magic, and this is a good opportunity to learn more. And from what I understand, there are many mischievous students at Academagia, so it wouldn’t hurt to be capable of dealing with their magical trickery. I trust my physical skills enough to deal with the non-magical kind.

But naturally, with my poor luck, simply getting to the academy was a chore in and of itself. The captain of the ship I was sailing on just happened to get ill, and the crewman manning the wheel at night during the storm just happened to be drunk as we just happened to be sailing through the most treacherous part of the seas. Naturally, we became shipwrecked. I won’t go into too much detail, but it was a rather stressful situation. I believe that I lived up to my family name during the ordeal, for I didn’t panic, and I helpfully shouted out warnings to those who seemed to be in danger during the situation, if not running over to help myself.

Once I finally managed to get back on safe, dry land, I ran into a boy by the name of Philippe Marchant. I’ll be perfectly honest. I hate him. When I arrived in port, my clothes were quite ruined, for the most part, and my hair was all a mess. It’s certainly not my fault, given the struggle I went through even to arrive at port, but naturally I ran into the biggest jerk of them all. I’ll… avoid going into too much detail here as well, for I said some things I’m a bit ashamed of, but suffice to say, we got into a bit of a, ah, discussion. It ended with me shoving him into the water after he attempted to relate me to some kind of… well, I’m not sure, since he didn’t get to finish the sentence, but I’m certain it was some sort of dislikable creature. I can’t imagine this sort of first impression helped put me in a positive light in his mind, so I foresee us being a bit at odds over the course of the year, but hopefully he isn’t too bothersome.

After stopping by my room to drop my things off, I found a letter waiting for me. I glanced over it, but it seemed rather long, so I’ll read it later, when things have settled down a bit. I decided to take a short walk around campus to get a feel for the place, and what do I find but a ghost? She called herself ‘Pamela’, and, from the sound of it, quite reluctantly declared herself as my familiar. Now, I don’t really know much about magic, like I said before, but I know what a familiar is. I admit, the idea of having a familiar is appealing, but… a ghost? And she doesn’t seem like she wants to be my familiar, either. Still, it wouldn’t do to be rude, so I attempted to reassure her that I would not be, but… perhaps my thoughts slipped out unintentionally, for her reaction was not quite as I had hoped. I must say, her wailing is… quite painful.

And finally, I’ve gotten a chance to settle in. It’s currently night during my first day here, and it’s rather late. I’ve been up for quite a while writing this journal, so I think I’ll end it here. Hopefully, things will go a bit more smoothly from here on out, but… knowing my luck, I doubt it.

Juvenalia Athonos 1657

I’m getting back late tonight, as I had cleanup duty in the kitchens. Yes, on my second day. It wasn’t… really my fault. Pamela happened to scare a horde of mice into fleeing through the halls and kitchens, making a mess of the place, and since she’s my familiar (not by choice, mind you!), I got stuck with the cleaning. I suppose it’s technically my responsibility, even if I didn’t cause the incident, so I diligently cleaned as best I could. As I was finishing up, though, some sort of strange insect critter ran across the room. I didn’t want it to make a mess, so I caught it in a large sauce pan after a good chase, but… I couldn’t really identify it, and not wanting to simply kill the thing, I let it go.

Bit of a mistake on my part. Apparently it’s some sort of destructive beetle called a groler, and it made another mess in the kitchen before it got out, so I ended up having to stay even later to clean up. And I haven’t even had classes yet! I hope things don’t continue like this…

Well anyways. Earlier today, before I went out for a long run, I met my Mentor, Oan Sung. She came to my door just as I finished unpacking this morning. She seems nice enough. She offered to leave me alone, but I could use all the help I can get in this strange place, so I accepted her assistance. She gave me a bit of advice… well, a lot of advice, actually, and after talking for awhile, told me to come and see her again in a few weeks or so, once I’ve gotten used to this place. I shouldn’t have too much trouble remembering. Like I said, I could use the help.

Oh, and that Philippe Marchant is causing me trouble already. He sent that spider of his out after me, and gave me a hard time all day, once I was back from my run. I can’t believe this idiot. I took a nice long break in the evening, before that little escapade with Pamela earlier, so I’m feeling fine, but honestly, I don’t know how much of him I can take. If this keeps up it’s going to be a long, long year.

Important Notes:

+6 running

+1 fitness!

+1 insects

+1 brute strength

1 Athonos 1657

Important Notes:

+1 relationship with Professor Violante de Canapiedra

+1 relationship with Professor Rieulle Chastellain

+1 relationship with Professor Thibault Pluiete

Learned about Philippe Marchant

Gained Eyes in the Back of your Head (+1 to Danger Sense)

2 Athonos 1657

I decided to take a stroll today through the city. As I was walking along, enjoying the sights, I came upon a large garden. It was quite beautiful, with wonderfully crafted statues of various mythical creatures, large stone fountains, and gorgeous flowers all around the fountains. But I noticed something strange, a large man in dark robes kneeling in the back, carving something into a brick wall. Something was… off about him.

Deciding to investigate, I let myself in through the gate, hiding behind a bush and working my way closer until I could see what he was carving. It seemed to be an assortment of strange lines and shapes, and they looked a bit familiar, but I couldn’t remember what they were from. I got quite a startle when he stood up, and I ducked back behind my cover in a hurry, but he didn’t seem to notice me, luckily. I was certain now that he wasn’t supposed to be there.

With that decided, I opted to put on a show of bravery and put my newfound magic to the test. This might’ve been a bit impulsive, thinking back. I’ve been through what, two days of classes so far? Well, I tried anyways. My spell succeeded… sort of. I created a patch of ice over the man’s hands, attaching them to the wall to prevent him from escaping, but he easily pulled his hands away, gathering his tools and fleeing. He got a clear look at my face, though, and I have the feeling that he’s going to remember me. Looks like I made yet another friend.

Important Notes:

+1 Strategy

+1 Command

3 Athonos 1657

Important Notes:

+1 Archery

4 Athonos 1657

Important Notes:

+1 Logistics

+1 Famous Battles

5 Athonos 1657

Yet again, that Philippe Marchant is giving me trouble. I never had to deal with all of this bullying back home, that’s for sure. I swear, one of these days I’m going to give him what he’s got coming, but for now, I’ll simply have to bear with it.

Recently I’ve been taking the opportunity to learn more about some of the battles that my forefathers fought in. It’s really been quite interesting, and I’m learning a lot about war in general. Who knows, maybe some of this will come in handy later, but even if it doesn’t, I’m learning more about the kind of person I want to become by learning about the kinds of people my ancestors were.

Important Notes:

+2 Strategy

+3 stress from Philippe’s bullying

Gained Long Strides (+1 to Running)

Gained Understand Strategy (+1 to War and Insight)

6 Athonos 1657

Ah, Saturday. A break from classes. I went out a nice long run again, just like I did on Juvenalia. I can already feel the benefits, my legs are getting a lot stronger from all this running. It’s tiring, but taking the entire evening to just sit and relax helps me to recuperate from pushing myself so hard. I just wish I paid more attention to where I was going, I got reprimanded for trespassing. You’d think that a student trying to stay in shape would be acceptable to the professors, but apparently not, so I’ve got to attend detention on Thursday.

A girl by the name of Silke Niederstatter spent some time talking to me today while I was resting up after my run. She seems nice, though she seems to be a bit flashy. Still, from what I hear, she’s rather dedicated, and that’s an admirable trait in anyone. Except in Philippe, who continues to pester me day in and day out. That jerk just won’t leave me be. Also, it looks like Aranaz received the first Merit Reward. It’s a bit unfortunate that we’re so far behind already, but hopefully we’ll catch up. If I get a chance I’ll try to earn some merits myself, but there’s just so much to do around campus, I’m not sure I’ll have time.

Important Notes:

+6 running

Silke Niederstatter did not succeed at befriending Marie

+3 stress from Philippe’s bullying

Aranaz earned Merit Reward

7 Athonos 1657

Today was a busy day. I cracked down and did some studying, and I tracked down Professor Briardi and Gleyre to ask them a few questions I had about class on Friday. They seemed to appreciate the effort on my part, and answered my questions quite thoroughly, which helped me quite a bit as well. While I was at it, I did a bit of practice and research. It was a lot of work, but taking a nice slow evening helped to settle me down.

Before dinner today, a boy by the name of Sheary Warrington and his dog helped to cheer me up quite a bit. I’ve been getting a bit irritated at all this bullying by Philippe, but Sheary helped me to relax a bit, and I feel a bit more confident about dealing with Philippe now that I’ve talked with him. Strange, I barely even know the boy, but he’s helping me like we’re the best of friends.

I also talked with Avgust Kostrodyrets. That’s quite a last name, I must say, and I think it suits him. He rambled on and on about some story that I barely even remember and certainly don’t care to write down in this journal, but I think he appreciated the fact that I at least seemed to be listening and didn’t just blow him off. Etiquette and manners, Marie, are the keys to making friends…

Important Notes:

+1 study level to Negation

+1 study level to Music

+1 relationship with Professor Polisena Briardi

+1 relationship with Professor Piccolet Gleyre

+1 Schoolyard Education

+1 Courage

Avgust succeeded at ‘Try to Befriend’ on Marie, +1 relationship

Sheary Warrington succeeded at Familiar – Bailiff – Missionary of Mercy on Marie, -1 Stress, +1 Confidence

--- Week 1 Wrapup ---

-- Attributes –

Fitness: 4

Insight: 3

Stress: 0/10

Vitality: 9/9

-- Passive Abilities –

Eyes in the Back of your Head: +1 to Danger Sense

Long Strides: +1 to Running

Understand Strategy: +1 Insight, +1 War

-- Skills –

Ambush: 0

--- Danger Sense: 1

Athletics: 1 (Study Level: 0)

--- Archery: 2

--- Competition: 1

--- Running: 7

--- Brute Strength: 2

--- Courage: 2

Grammar: 0 (Study Level: 0)

--- Semantics: 1

--- Syntax: 1

Incantation: 0 (Study Level: 0)

--- Incantation Phemes: 2

Music: 0 (Study Level: 1)

Negation: 0 (Study Level: 1)

--- Negation Methods: 1

--- Theory of Negation: 1

Rhetoric: 1 (Study Level: 0)

--- Confidence: 3

--- Famous Speeches: 1

School Survival: 2

--- Schoolyard Education: 2

War: 3

--- Command: 1

--- Famous Battles: 3

--- Leadership: 1

--- Logistics: 2

--- Strategy: 3

Zoology: 0

--- Insects: 1

-- Phemes –

Amplify

Anger

Attack

Chaos

Fabricate

Fitness

Float

Follow

Glory

Harness

Hydration

Insight

Meditate

Overt

Presence

Rain

Righteousness

Unleash

-- Items –

Heirloom Knife

-- Relationships of Note –

Philippe Marchant: -9

-- Merits –

Aranaz: 33

Avila: 24

Durand: 4

Godina: 20

Hedi: 15

Morvidus: 9

Vernin: 30

----------------

Like I thought, Philippe has been good fun so far, lots of Bullying and the like to poor Marie. Marie is an absolute monster though, with a lucky Fitness expansion on the first day from running giving her 4 Fitness, plus her background boosting her Stress and Vitality max; bullying barely fazes her. I have to say though, Running a Potentially Crippling Route twice, then resting in one day, feels a bit abusive. Marie actually has the Stress maximum to push herself that hard, which is a bit scary, but it's still an absurd amount of Running skill to gain in one day, with two 10% chances to gain a Fitness point. I'm not sure, but maybe this should have some consequence aside from just Stress, such as a short duration negative Emotion or something, because the Stress is far too easy to cure with an evening Rest.

But in any case, it's been good fun so far.

Thanks, it's been fun so far.

I've got Week 2 and 3 done, so here we go.

-------------

8 Athonos 1657

While I was taking a walk near the shore of Lake Ardica today while taking a break from my battle studies this evening, something odd happened. All of the water suddenly started being sucked into the middle of the lake, creating a giant mountain of water. While it looked rather impressive, it became rather obvious that the lake was about to release a giant tidal wave. I quickly determined that I didn’t have time to flee, and braced myself, allowing the wave to take me away as it crashed down upon me.

And I surfed it. I’ve never been a surfer before, but this was pretty amusing, I must say. I rode the crest of the wave through the woods, nimbly dodging trees and branches as I went. And once the wave stopped, I slid to a stop, totally unharmed, if a bit wet. A rather exciting distraction, I must say.

Important Notes:

+1 Leadership

+1 Logistics

+1 Composure

9 Athonos 1657

Well, it seems like I’m as lucky as usual.

Earlier today, I decided to be a bit daring. I’ve been feeling like I’m in the best shape of my life, so I decided to try a pole vault. I grabbed a pole and rushed toward the vaulting pit, trying to launch myself into the air. Maybe I messed up, but I think I grabbed a bad pole. The pole snapped in midair, and I suddenly found myself plummeting to the ground. I tried to grab the bar with my legs, but, and I’m ashamed to even write this down, but I panicked a bit and flailed my legs a bit too wildly, knocking the bar down and making a rather graceful face-plant into the mat. At least I hit the mat. My nose is going to be tender for a week from that…

I’ve also been putting my experience as a Page to good use. I learned how to serve a superior well when I was with my teacher, and I’ve been using those skills to help get along with some of my professors. I imagine it will pay off in the future, but that’s not really why I’m doing it. Since I need to learn from them, I certainly imagine it will help to get along with them. After all, a professor that likes me is much more likely to care about how well I’m doing in their class.

Important Notes:

+1 relationship with Professor Thibault Pluiete

+1 relationship with Professor Rieulle Chastellain

+1 relationship with Professor Polisena Briardi

Learned about Silke Niederstatter

10 Athonos 1657

This school is far, far too interesting for my own good.

I was taking another walk, this time near the menagerie, when I heard a dog’s terrified yelp. When I turned the corner, I saw the dog standing totally still, cornered by a rare black-tongued lizard with glowing green eyes, called a Darkcrawler. It apparently traps its prey by hypnotizing it with its eyes, then paralyzing it with its tongue. I didn’t know this at the time, by the way. I looked it up after.

I didn’t want the dog to get killed, so I tried to rescue it. I remember reading about a glamour spell during my studies, so I tried it out, creating an illusion of a hawk attacking the lizard. I tried to throw my cloak over the lizard while the dog was distracted from the hypnotic trance, but the lizard was too fast for me, escaping into the bushes, while the dog chased after my illusionary hawk.

Since there wasn’t anything else I could do, I went to get Professor Pachait’s assistance. He informed me that he’ll catch the Darkcrawler, and thanked me for telling me it had escaped, but… while he didn’t say anything about it, I imagine the poor dog is going to be killed…

Important Notes:

+1 study level in Incantation

+1 relationship with Professor Marlein Knoht

+1 Schoolyard Education

Gained Bitterness Emotion (-1 Charm, Befriend, and Society, +1 Gossip)

11 Athonos 1657

Well, I had to attend Detention today with Professor Matain Leith. He teaches Enchant, apparently, so I despair of ever getting out of Detention with him. Also, it seems that Vernin College earned the Merit Reward. At this rate, Godina College will never earn anything; it feels like we’ll never catch up.

Important Notes:

Vernin College receives Merit Reward

12 Athonos 1657

While I was in the forest looking for some bark for a potion for my homework today, something a bit odd happened. Lambert Cobo came running to me all in a panic, with leaves sprouting from the top of his head! I couldn’t really understand half of what he was saying as he started babbling at me, but I figured he wanted my help getting rid of the plant growing out of his skull.

I’m… not really any good at this sort of thing, but I tried to help. I mixed up some sort of potion that I figured would kill the thing, but apparently it didn’t feel too good on Lambert’s scalp, and it acted like some sort of fertilizer for the plant, making it grow even larger. Ah, well… I tried. Sorry about that, Lambert, hopefully you find someone good with plants next time.

And Philippe sent his stupid spider after me again. I swear, one of these days I’m simply going to smush the thing, see how he likes it.

Important Notes:

+1 Competition

+1 Poisons

-2 Stress (used the Athletic Fields)

-2 Vitality (from the spider)

-1 relationship with Lambert Cobo

Lost Bitterness (from losing Stress)

13 Athonos 1657

Saturday comes once again. I decided to go for another run, and Philippe decided to bully me some more. Nothing new, here.

Important Notes:

+6 running

+3 stress (from bullying, was wiped by Rest)

14 Athonos 1657

Important Notes:

+1 Leadership

+1 Logistics

+1 Archery

+1 Library Knowledge (Explore the Venalicium)

--- Week 2 Wrapup ---

-- Attributes –

Stress: 0/10

-- Passive Abilities –

-- Skills –

Athletics: 3 (Study Level: 0)

--- Archery: 3

--- Competition: 4

--- Running: 10

Brew: 0

--- Analyze: 1

Grammar: 0 (Study Level: 0)

--- Semantics: 1

Incantation: 1 (Study Level: 1)

--- Incantation Spells: 1

--- Theory of Incantation: 1

Music: 0 (Study Level: 1)

--- Famous Songs: 1

--- Notation: 2

Negation: 0 (Study Level: 1)

--- Theory of Negation: 2

Research: 0

--- Library Knowledge: 1

--- Schoolyard Education: 3

War: 3

--- Command: 1

--- Famous Battles: 3

--- Leadership: 3

--- Logistics: 4

-- Spells –

Deep Breaths

Streets of Ice

-- Phemes –

Amicita

Amplify

Anger

Attack

Bring Forth

Chaos

Fabricate

Fitness

Float

Follow

Foresight

Glory

Harness

Hydration

Insight

Load

Magic

Meditate

Overt

Presence

Rain

Righteousness

Strength

Unleash

Water

-- Items –

Heirloom Knife

Philippe Marchant: -10

-- Merits –

Aranaz: 50

Avila: 27

Durand: 13

Godina: 35

Hedi: 36

Morvidus: 24

Vernin: 54

15 Athonos 1657

So, there I was, walking by myself near the stables, when I feel this strange pulse of energy. I looked around for a moment, then suddenly spotted a big pile of mud suddenly pick itself up off the ground and fly towards me. I tried stepping to the side, but it simply turned and kept heading towards me. So, I decided to make a break for it, running for cover behind a nearby boulder, but, as is my luck, I stumbled due to an uneven stone in the path, falling to the ground. I got up and tried to run for it, but because I tripped, I didn’t make it, and the mud soiled me completely.

I smell so bad right now, and it won’t go away…

Important Notes:

+1 study level to Athletics

+1 relationship with Professor Leo Massioti

+1 Wrestling

Gained Stenchtastic emotion (-3 to Charm, +1% chance of being discovered)

16 Athonos 1657

So, while I was taking a walk, I saw a comet in the sky. I don’t know much about comets, really, but I didn’t know about this one, so I sketched it out and left the sketch under Professor Badcrumble’s door. Unsigned, of course.

And that Philippe jerk just isn’t leaving me along. I’m really, really starting to get angry…

At least my nose doesn't hurt anymore.

Important Notes:

+1 Music Study Level

+1 Relationship with Professor Rieulle Chastellain

+1 Wrestling

Gained Anger (-1 Perception, +2 to hostile actions)

Gained Hatred (+1 to hostile actions, -1 relationship with 3 students)

Gained Anxiety (-1 to Concentration, -1 to Composure)

17 Athonos 1657

I needed to take a bit of time off to myself to calm down a bit. I was letting my temper get the better of me… Agh, I’m so embarrassed…

Important Notes:

Lost Stenchtastic

Lost Anger

Lost Anxiety

Gained Embarassment (-2 to Social Abilities and Actions)

Gained Humiliation (This apparently disappeared from the Rest, though)

18 Athonos 1657

So, I encountered the Black Chicken today. Yes, the Black Chicken.

I heard a scream, and I ran towards it. I saw people fleeing in the opposite direction, students and even faculty members, but a child of the Gallais family doesn’t flee! I turned the corner, and it looked like a warzone. Yelling, screaming, and people running every which way. Professor Chastellain was a mess, unlike usual, and he had holes all over his robes. He had some sort of branch, and was waving it back and forth, and just out of range of the stick was a plump little black hen. The Black Chicken.

So I tried to be helpful, and created a magical net to capture the thing. But the net didn’t hold it for long, the chicken escaping from underneath, and before I knew it, it knocked me down, tore holes in my robes, and I ended up with a sore rump for my troubles.

Why can’t things be easy?

Important Notes:

Attended Detention again with Matain Leith

Lost Embarassment

Lost Hatred

Workshop Days Athonos 1657

I found a piece of paper.

Yes, doesn’t sound very interesting, I know. But it was a piece of paper with detailed plans about a robbery.

Did you know the Thieves Guild has its own stationary? I didn’t.

Anyways, so, one part of the plan involved the thieves needing to buy a lot of rope, so I set off to the local hardware shop owner to convince him not to sell the thieves the rope. But of course, the owner, Barnaby Lockmere, was less than convinced of my story. Why does nobody listen?

Important Notes:

+2 Music Study Levels

+1 Bluff

+1 Dating

+1 relationship with Luti Jaconelli (Luti used Hang Out on Marie)

-1 Persuasion

19 Athonos 1657

Important Notes:

+1 Music Study Level

+1 Innuendo

20 Athonos 1657

Important Notes:

+2 Grammar Study Level

+2 Relationship with Professor Thibault Pluiete

+2 Temperance

Philippe was a jerk and used Bully and Slipping the Leash, but Rest cleared it all up.

21 Athonos 1657

So, today I decided I’d meet with my Mentor, Oan. She decided to teach me about how to make friends around campus. We just happened to be around when Caspar Pfeuffer was struggling to get some book back from a plant, and Oan suggested that I try helping him out. I asked her for a bit of advice, and she gave me a useful tip. Feeling a bit more confident, I decided to exercise my strength against the tree’s. I walked on over, grabbed the book suddenly, told Caspar to move out of the way, and started to pull.

It was a tough match, and I have to say, I never expected to get into a contest of strength against a tree. But I held back just a bit, letting the tree wear itself down, and after four or five minutes, I suddenly pulled as hard as I could, yanking the book from its grasp.

And everyone applauded! I’m not used to such things, I have to say… Well, I handed Caspar back the book, and he ran off, followed by Oan shortly after, as she apparently promised to meet one of her friends. We agreed to meet sometime in the future once more, and she ran off.

So later today, I went to the forge. I… didn’t really have any reason to be in there, I was just wandering around, but Gorithnak, the master smith, caught sight of me and didn’t seem to approve of my presence, demanding that I prove my worthiness to even be in the forge, or to get out.

Well, I don’t really want to be in this forge anyways, but I might as well try, right? I spotted a few teams of apprentices working the bellows, trying to raise the temperature of a furnace. I opted to attempt to use my Incantation magic to heat up the furnace more quickly than the bellows, but unsurprisingly, I failed. I figured it was worth a shot, since I didn’t know any other way. And just as unsurprisingly, I got kicked out.

Oh well.

Important Notes:

+1 Archery

Succeeded on Request a Meeting with your Mentor Adventure

+1 Command

+1 Famous Battles

+1 Relationship with Caspar Pfeuffer

--- Week 3 Wrapup ---

-- Attributes –

Stress: 1/10

-- Passive Abilities –

-- Skills –

Athletics: 4 (Study Level: 1)

--- Archery: 4

--- Competition: 4

--- Running: 10

--- Swimming: 1

--- Wrestling: 2

--- Temperance: 3

Brew: 0

--- Analyze: 2

Gossip: 1

--- Bluff: 1

--- Dating: 1

--- Innuendo: 1

Grammar: 1 (Study Level: 2)

--- Famous Prose: 1

--- Semantics: 2

Incantation: 1 (Study Level: 1)

--- Incantation Spells: 1

--- Theory of Incantation: 2

Music: 0 (Study Level: 5)

--- Famous Songs: 2

--- Notation: 2

Negation: 1 (Study Level: 1)

--- Negation Phemes: 2

--- Theory of Negation: 2

Research: 0

--- Library Knowledge: 1

--- Character: 3

--- Schoolyard Education: 3

War: 4

--- Command: 2

--- Famous Battles: 4

--- Leadership: 3

--- Logistics: 4

-- Spells –

Deep Breaths

Durand’s Flotilla

Streets of Ice

-- Phemes –

Air

Amicita

Amplify

Anger

Attack

Auditory

Bring Forth

Camaraderie

Chaos

Confidence

Dispel

Fabricate

Fitness

Float

Follow

Foresight

Glory

Harness

Hydration

Insight

Load

Magic

Meditate

Negate

Overt

Presence

Rain

Righteousness

Strength

Unleash

Water

-- Items –

Heirloom Knife

Professor Rieulle Chastellain: 3

Professor Thibault Pluiete: 4

Philippe Marchant: -10

-- Merits –

Aranaz: 70

Avila: 39

Durand: 28

Godina: 49

Hedi: 51

Morvidus: 48

Vernin: 69