Black Chicken Studios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Evil Midnight Lurker

Zoology Subskills - easy ways to unlock 'em?

My character isn't a Zoology student, but I'd like to be able to raise the base skill enough to get the familiar handling ability. The only subskills I've unlocked are Birds and Mammals.

Are there any relatively straightforward paths to unlock at least one of the others?

If you know the lady who teaches about Gates and she tells you about the school, she will also give you lessons that include zoology. The Sphinx will also allow you to improve your Zoology skills, but getting him to teach you about an unknown subskill takes luck.

If you know the lady who teaches about Gates and she tells you about the school, she will also give you lessons that include zoology. The Sphinx will also allow you to improve your Zoology skills, but getting him to teach you about an unknown subskill takes luck.

Fortunately, I am on Eunycia's quest line. Unfortunately, I'm finding "The Beating Heart of the Swamp" amazingly difficult, and I think the apprentice training comes after that...

Not that it's straightforward, but whenever I get 'stuck' in the game because I want to advance skills I haven't got, I always spend a weekend exploring. That often fixes the problem - or else it gives me other plans, equally exciting as the ones which motivated the exploration.

Really I generally like the explore action and the way the game's map has to be discovered by random bits and pieces.