Black Chicken Studios Forums

Now for a DLC 10 bug topic!

Mikka

Wee, that was fun. :)

Doggy's play-as-doggy adventure is still broken, sadly, during the Familiar Adventure Dog 8 to Familiar Adventure Dog 9 transfer. The 'Final Exit' for Dog 9 simply isn't there (looking in the mod tools, it also doesn't seem like it would make sense even if it was working- seems like the 'success' and the 'main texts' should be switched)- the memory that unlocks that option is never given. This is somewhat disappointing: it's the first time I've ever been able to complete a play-as-the-familiar storyline. Dang, Bond of Stars and Silver are hard to work up... with Attributes at 1, rolls at 10, and thus needing say, seven raises to get from Bond 7 to Bond 8, there's a lot of grr'ing and reloading. But that's a side-track complaint.

The Drowsy emotion was being weird. It would be reported as popping up each night, but it never showed up in my Emotions area, nor did hovering over the skills show that they were reduced. Probably because I had concentration 10. Yet it would be reported as popping up each night, even though it didn't seem able to stick. If you have the skills to 'not' have it, it would be nice if it didn't show up at all. (It went away when I finally boosted Playfulness a bit.)

Then, Random Event Homework 1 has random student being very, very, very angry at their maths homework. For me, that was Tabin, who doesn't take Arithmetic (or Geometry, for that matter). It may be good to set that to a character who takes Math who's the type to throw curses around. >.>

The typo brigade:

• Deed: A Singer’s Gift – ‘you gain +2 Voice,+1 Notation, and +2 Famous Songs.’ Need a space after the first comma, and the second comma is unnecessary.
  • Random Event Awesome Community 02, Criminal Law success- a break is needed between the two paragraphs.
  • Random Event Student – Leopold, “Um, yes, your…majesty?” you reply haltingly. “How may I, um, serve you?” - A space is needed after the ‘…’.
  • Random Event Awesome Community 27, both sleuthing and revision success need spaces between paragraphs. Revision success also writes '“Yes” you say – quite honestly. “I think it came from the other room.”' – a coma is needed after the Yes.
  • Student Adventure Raoul 2, ‘Simply ecstatic that you’re helping him, (bio link) excitedly tells you his plan…’
  • The Adventure Begins (The Plot Success for Emilia), ‘...Aranaz or not-She’s clearly as manipulative as they come.’ Need a space after the hyphen.
  • The Sphinix Synd: Meeting with von Rupp, ‘...Anyway, I’m tired of the Mallen-Star sculpturebeing defaced every year.’ Needs a space.
  • Finding a Friend (Emilia Adventure), ‘You approach Sheary and start picking on Hiss hair’, extra s there.
  • Random Event Aranaz Common Room 1, Danger Sense success – ‘…until it engulfs you completely.Images flash through your head of cities you’ve never been to and scenes…’, needs a space.

Great job on the DLC! :D

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After succesfully completing the "City Hall" adventure (part of the "Walk in the City" or some such chain), there is no follow up adventure in the Adventure selection window.

This also happened with the Ghost Familiar adventure chain (can't remember the names). Happened when my char had just made some Mineta party illusion for Pamela, thus succesfully completing that part of the adventure chain. No follow up adventure afterwards, that chain just disappeared.

To elaborate on Darkhawk's first problem, it's if you fail the Passion roll in the freak out you have at city hall. You then get the option to dump the evidence over the desk, which gives you the same text that you'd get if you'd succeeded at Passion (just some extra stress, too), but that doesn't set the 'You're almost done!' memory that allows you to choose the options to show the result to the poor guy you just saved. I just ran in to that same issue, too. I can understanding not getting as awesome rewards if you don't succeed at the Passion roll (maybe you don't get the attribute boost), but it would be nice if you at least got the chance to go back the poor guy you did everything for and told him your successes.

As for the dog show thing, being more specific, the Dog 09 Persuade option has the following pre-req thing going on- '[Existence]Prerequisite, Existence/Memory/Dog Show Winner = [Existence]Prerequisite, Existence/Character/Actors/Actors/Adventures/Familiar Adventure Dog 9/255799 /'. But The 08 successes never put the Dog Show Winner memory on you or doggy, so it's unelectable, and you get no rewards. I wanted a shiny trophy and ribbon (oh, and the luck wouldn't be bad)! Poor Doggy.

Finally got time to play my favorite game. And already at DLC 10! Good job.

I noticed while trying to use the Walk the Path of Fire ability that it reports succes and it takes the five pims, but doesn't say anything about the skill steps you should get.

So I looked it up in the modtool with the modbase 3 and under effects it just says pay price, so the skill steps for Courage, Endurance and Willpower need to be added.

It seems gaining access to The Venalicium Library: Forbidden Archives no longer gives you the "Explore the Venalicium" ability - I have had the "Study Mastery" and "Study Gates" ability for a long time, but when I got my base Research skill to 11, there was no mention of getting access to "The Venalicium Library: Forbidden Archives" or the "Explore the Venalicium" ability, as I think there should be? (unless something was changed somewhere along the road).

Also, I noticed some skills in the tooltip say: "Skill maximum 11. Needed for next level 0 of 2", when they are are 11, or "Skill maximum 11. Skill at maximum" when they are at 10. Seems something was switched around.

Your skill is allways displayed as at max at lvl 10, thats a known bug.

About Research your sure you have increased the max of Research to 11 and have 3 Research SS at 11 without any buffs?

(The problem is that the Skill display show you the value you have if you make a roll based on this Skill but not the value you have for the unlocking of Abilitys)

Yes, I have research at 15 actually, with +4 from bonuses, and Cryptology, Filing and Library Knowledge at 11. I got access to the library months before that however (I don't remember how), hence my ability to Study Gates and Mastery. But I don't have the Explore option as stated. Thought I might then get it by getting Research up to 11, but no luck there.

The Explore option isn't in the game anymore, which is probably what you're missing (it was removed when the Ravenprix adventure was added)- if you note, it's a passive, not an active (though it should probably just not be listed at all, as it keeps causing confusion). As it is, most of The Venalicium Library is unlocked by Ravenprix adventure (when you start a new game, it's usually the second from the bottom- right above the Vernin tower one), as well as from various skill raises (Research 10 unlocks the Study Mastery/Study Gates, as you noted, Language 1 will unlock the Linguistic section...). The Venalicium Library: Forbidden Archives isn't an action or ability, either- it's just a place where you can Study Mastery or Study Gates.

My base is 11. I got Mastery Methods, Mastery Spells and Theory of Mastery up to 11 (By researching the Theory of Mastery topic, and then training the skills from there), then Mastery went up without me getting the spell. I then researched the Mastery Phemes topic, and got that skill up to 11 as well (figured maybe the spell needed the Order theme to show). Total Control is still not showing in my spells listing.

Ah ok, but it's not under Abilities or Actions either. Also, I did not get a note saying I had gained it, when my Mastery went up.

I do hope it's not me being blind and/or having missed something, but I have a savegame to show it, if you're interested in bughunting.

Darkhawk;

Hmm, should be under Action, after review- assuming that you do have Mastery of 11 (and not reached 11 via Increases). If you do not see it as you should, I'd like to take a look at it, if you could pm me a RapidShare link to your save.

Before you do so though, can you verify which version of the game you are running (please press F12 and look in the bottom right-hand corner. If you are using the most recent version, it should read: 1.4.6.0)

And, let me know which DLC you created the game in- thanks!

And, finally, please verify that any 3 Mastery Sub-Skills are indeed base value of 11 or higher.

Thanks!

I have the latest version, my Mastery is at 11 with no increase, and I started this save with DLC 9. You can check the daily history from around 12th of Anedius, that's when my 3rd Mastery skill went to 11 and I should have gotten it.

https://rapidshare.com/files/2255306337/Explore....ams

I hope I haven't been blind and/or stupid, and that it is infact a bug ;)

It seems I just keep on going ;)

I ordered something from a catalog (Briardi's Negation Catalog), a Circlet of Negation, and I still didn't get it delivered to me after 14 days. Slow postal service?

Edit: Oh, now I got it. Slow postal service indeed ;)

My character has learned about the Certificate of Imperial Favor, but there's no text in the right panel when its highlighted. Also, nothing else (item, recipe, action, activity) related to it.

Perhaps related to it, my character's parental approval has jumped 25 points. I don't see anything else that could have caused this.

Separate matter: I got a duel event with Corradin. The field for "late name" is missing in the final sentence, at its conclusion: " snaps something not to be repeated in polite company and spins on a heel, leaving you with the win."

Monteverdi;

The Certificate gives you Visitation Rights- not sure what caused the Increase in your Parental Approval. Can you say what gave you the Certificate? It's almost certainly a Recipe, but there can be issues when a Recipe is given if the Effects aren't right. I'd like to look at it, if you can guess at the source?

We'll see if we can find that Duel Event- for the next time, when you report Events, please press F12 to see the Event Name. It will insure that the proper Event is looked at, thanks! :)

Archived