Black Chicken Studios Forums

The Stinking Prank

Schwarzbart

Write down of a idea I have right now where the player or Iustus become the target of a prank from some Contu`s Students.

The player is the target if he have Incantation School or is the "delivery boy" if he payed the tuition at Contu.

Contu's students get in possession of a textbook from a Academagica 1st year incantation student (Iustus Venture or the player).

The put a hard to detect combination of a stink-bomb and windspell on this book that only triggers when the book is opened during class time and fill the classroom in seconds with a horrible stench.

Afterward one of them approached a Student of Academagica (player or a random friend of the player) that they found a textbook that is apparently from a student of Academagia.

After some questioning the book get back to its owner.

Next class day the prank go off and the Student get into detention.

Angry at the one who delivered the book it come to a talk that easy can drop the relationship.

Continue : The player investigate who put the prank on him or Iustus.

Maybe even revenge against them.

Stinking Prank 1a) The Incantation Homework

Requirement: Incantation Class and at last 5 Pim

You groan when you think at all the homework you have to do.

Especial what you have to write for professor Knoht gives you a headache.

At last the sun is shining bright today so you can do it outside and so you visit a café in the city where you can sit outside.

After you got your drink you start working on the incantation homework.

1) Just do the Homework

Autosuccess: It took some time to finish the homework and its for sure not one of your best work but it will do.

When you start putting away the things for incantation suddenly a wind gust blow some of your papers from the table but a young boy around your age helped you recover them.

All in all it was even a relaxing afternoon but you drink is empty and before you have to get a other one you decided its time to return to Academagia.

Reward: +1 Study -1 Stress -5 Pim Continue to 2a

2) Put in some extra Work

Success: It needed a lot of work to get this incantation homework done but you think you might even earn some extra credit from professor Knoht for this.

When you start putting away the things for incantation suddenly a wind gust blow some of your papers from the table but a young boy around your age helped you recover them.

Because you drink is empty you decided its time to return to Academagia before you have to get a other one.

Reward: +1 Study +1 Extracredit -5 Pim Continue to 2a

Failure: Man who have thought it could be so stressful to just do the homework and this bad tasting drink you ordered don't help also!

Then when you start putting your homework away even a wind gust blow away some of your papers! At last non of them got damaged or your day would be complete ruined.

Because you drink is empty you decided its time to return to Academagia before you have to get a other one.

Reward: +1 Study +1 Stress -5 Pim Continue to 2a

**** Still need to add skill roll for 2 ****

Stinking Prank 1b) After Contu's School

Autostart after Study at Esteban Contu's School of Incantation

Requirement No Incantation Class

When you return from your first day learning at Esteban Contu's School of Incantation a boy around your age approach you.

Boy: "Hey you there your from Academagia?"

"Aehm yes?"

Boy: "I found this incantation book that belongs to one of your fellow students could you return it?"

"Sure"

The book he hands you looks like the one the incantation students of your year use and at one place of the cover the name Iustus is written.

When you return to Academagia what do you do?

Investigation 1) Theory of Negation: Something is of here so best look if magic is in play

Requirement Danger Sense or Plot =>8

Success: At the first glance you couldn't see anything wrong but when you concentrated more you spot it! There is some kind of magical trap put on this book, really hard to spot!

Failure: You check the book for magic but you couldn't spot anything unusual.

1) Search for Iustus

Requirement Not Investigation 1

Reward: +1 Relationship with Iustus; continue to 2b

2) Give the book to a Professor

Requirement Not Investigation 1

Autosuccess: You deliver the book to Professor Knoht who is after all the professor of incantation so she could give it to her Student.

She award you 2 Merit for delivering this book to her.

Reward: +2 Player College Merit; -2 Iustus College Merit; continue to 2b

3) Give the book to a Professor

Requirement Investigation 1

Autosuccess: Because you doubt you have the ability to remove a spell this well hidden you deliver the book to Professor Knoht with a warning about the magical trap.

She awarded you 5 points of Merit for this and ask you if you wouldn't be interested to investigate who put this spell on the book.

Reward: +5 Player College Merit; -2 Iustus College Merit; Continue to Investigation

4) Dispel this magic

Requirement Investigation 1 and Master Dispel

Roll: Negation vs 13

Success: What great opportunity to test your most powerful Dispel spell against the magic of someone other!

So you cast the Master Dispel on the spell placed at this book and after you checked again for magic your sure you removed this spell.

You hope the one casted this spell on the book will hit by the violent reactions of the Ley Line as if you would cast the spell direct on her or him.

Afterwards you delivered the book to Iustus and tell him that you prevented him from becoming the target of a bad prank.

Reward: Increase Confidence max +1; +2 Relationship with Iustus; Adventure ends

Failure: You try all you can but this spell is simply to strong for you. So you deliver it to the Incantantion Professor with a warning about the still active magical trap.

Professor Knoht awarded you then 5 points of Merit and ask you if you couldn't investigate who put this trap on the book.

Reward: -1 Confidence; +5 Player College Merit; -2 Iustus College Merit; Continue to Investigation

**** Still need to write Iustus exit text *****

Stinking Prank 2a) Your incantation book?

Short before Incantation class Alan stops you and ask if this is your textbook.

"A boy told me that a person that sound very much like you have forgotten his/her textbook in a café."

Handing you the book "So is this yours?".

And yes it looks like its your book!

Investigation 1) Theory of Negation: Something is of here so best look if magic is in play

Requirement Danger Sense or Plot =>7

Success: At the first glance you couldn't see anything wrong but when you concentrated more you spot it! There is some kind of magical trap put on this book, really hard to spot!

Failure: You check the book for magic but you couldn't spot anything unusual.

1) "Ahm thanks, that's my."

Autosuccess: You take it and put it into your knapsack before going into the classroom.

Reward: +1 Relationship with Alan; Direct Continue to 3a

2) "What's that? Professor someone tempered with my book!"

Requirement Investigation 1

Autosuccess: You tell Professor Knoht that someone tempered with your book.

She remove 2 point of Merit from your college for not be carful enough about your book and confiscated it.

But she also hinted that you might earn the Merit back if you manage to find the culprit.

Reward: -2 Player College Merit; +1 Relationship with Alan; Continue to Investigation

3) Negation: "Thanks, now let me remove this trap."

Requirement Investigation 1 and Master Dispel

Roll: Negation vs 13

Success: What great opportunity to test your most powerful Dispel spell against the magic of someone else!

So you cast the Master Dispel on the spell placed at this book and after you checked again for magic your sure you removed this spell.

You hope the one casted this spell on the book will hit by the violent reactions of the Ley Line as if you would cast the spell direct on her or him.

Reward: Increase Confidence max +1; Confidence +1; +1 Relationship with Alan; Adventure ends

Failure: You try all you can but this spell is simply to strong for you. Looks like you have to ask the professor for help.

When you tell Professor Knoht that someone tempered with your book she remove 2 point of Merit from your college for not be carful enough about your book.

She confiscated your book but also hinted that you might earn the Merit back if you manage to find the culprit.

Reward: +1 Stress; -2 Player College Merit; +1 Relationship with Alan; Continue to Investigation

Note: I picked Alan because he is in the city regular and would most likely return the book to the player but any other Student would do.

2b) Iustus walk up to you quit angry. "What have you done to my textbook? I'm now in detention thanks to this stinking cloud you put in my book!"

Add Detention to Iustus

1) Innuendo: Take the credit for this

Autosuccess: "HaHa yea it was a great prank, wasn't it?" Iustus was about to hit you but then walk of even more angry.

A other student in Vernin cloths with messed black hair walk to you "I heard about this prank that was a really great thing! Could be almost from me!" patting on your shoulder.

Reward: -5 Relationship Iustus; +2 Relationship Rui de Casga; Adventure End

2) Diplomacy (or Politics)

3) Dispassion: Calm him down

Success: "Moment what did you just said I should have done?"

Iustus repeat "There was stinking cloud coming out of my book during class time! This must be your doing, or?"

You return "Your talking about the incantation text book?" Iustus "Yes?"

"As much I would love to claim such a prank to be mine it wasn't me who did it! I my self was asked by a boy I never seen before outside of Academagia to deliver it."

Iustus looks at you with now slowly gaining his usual sleepy face again "So you wasn't the one who put this on my book? Man and I was about to hit you straight in your face! If you have time could you find this person and find out if he is responsible for this prank?"

4) Social Skills

• 4 weeks later...

3a) Professor Knoth requested the class to open the book and then it happened a cloud of foul gasses left your book and soon spread trough the complete class room. After the room was evacuated by the Professor she comes straight at you. "This prank sure got to fare! I suspect you need time to think about what you just have done and for this I put you in detention!"

Archived