Black Chicken Studios Forums

I'm Losing It... Where is Year 2?

The13thRonin

Seriously... I need my fix...

I've been lurking for like three of the delays by now...

Is it close... Weeks? Months? Years?

I can't take the waiting! There is nothing else like this game... Torture :(.

Two questions while I'm at it:

1. How will Year 2 work? Will it slot into Year 1 like an expansion pack or will it look for Year 1 saves?

2. What happened to the editor for Year 1? It was avaliable at some stage then it disappeared and I haven't seen it since :(!

The last DLC will likely arrive soon, Year 2, hopefully this fall or at least year... Least that's the impression I've been getting. But who knows for sure ;)

I want it badly aswell :) It's a really nice interactive novel with RPG elements to it :)

Or something like that, I'm not sure if it's the best description but whatever it is I like it.

It's Legate being coy, they must be the patience tutor in year 2... :rolleyes:

According to the skill descriptions I'd say it falls under Temperance instead.

As for the release I've finally come to terms with the fact that Year 2 is simply far, far into the future and will remain at "indeterminate release date" until I hear that it is in final testing.

I'm more impatient at DLC 16 really, I decided not to restart until it was released as it seemed so close, but now it might not even get released in a week.

13th;

Sorry for the delays! The Team is working on it, but we're a small studio with many interests, and so...time marches on. One thing I can certainly say: we don't let things get away from us, and it will be out eventually. Hopefully even this year, as Schwarzbart notes!

Y2 is standalone, but it looks for Y1 saves, and imports them.

13th;

Sorry for the delays! The Team is working on it, but we're a small studio with many interests, and so...time marches on. One thing I can certainly say: we don't let things get away from us, and it will be out eventually. Hopefully even this year, as Schwarzbart notes!

Y2 is standalone, but it looks for Y1 saves, and imports them.

has the the team taken into consideration an early release? possibly an open beta (or not). I think a lot of players will be excited to play year 2 even if it's not the final version (i know i do). Plus this might give you a lot of interesting feedback akin to those already used for the making of the dlcs. Just a thought there :)

According to the skill descriptions I'd say it falls under Temperance instead.

As for the release I've finally come to terms with the fact that Year 2 is simply far, far into the future and will remain at "indeterminate release date" until I hear that it is in final testing.

I'm more impatient at DLC 16 really, I decided not to restart until it was released as it seemed so close, but now it might not even get released in a week.

yeah me too, i've been holding off for a long time now. it's free though so it's not like we can complain that much

• 1 month later...

Gah, I still have so many stuff I wanted to write for year one! I found a document full of events for my four new students that I had forgotten about and never used. I should probably send them to the Legate and see if he wants them.

And then year two... /scribbles notes

I have a bunch of events, the Plays the Thing adventure, and a familiar I want to add (purely to amuse myself and torment others).

I also wanted to write an adventure about the character getting apprenticed to a fencing master. Just because fencing is fun.

Also, ninjas. Though that can wait till year two, I suppose.

I've written off my year 1 stuff and moved it over to year 2. Honestly my chocolate cake club adventure is seeming awfully corny now, so I'm focusing on Mr. Pebbles' adventures for Y2. I don't know how the predicaments can or will be solved but I'm witing the main text which is maybe 15% complete. (I want and need a bit of a head start if I don't want it to come out as y3 does....)

Most of my interest actually lies in Omni disciplinarianism, so Y1 is not the best year to write stories for that, anyway. Mr. Pebbles got in Y1, and that's enough for me

Archived