Black Chicken Studios Forums

underage dating Y2

ronikai

I remember skulking around a long time ago and finding a question about this, but I can't find the thread anymore so I'm just going to ask.

Is there going to be dating in Y2, or is this going to be something more prevalent/exclusive in the later years? It was kind of soul crushing having my characters get crushes and then have them ultimately crushed to bits, and all because the music teacher is a classic Gilderoy Lockeheart when it comes to getting assignments and prizes in order (THE QUIET INDIGNATION!!!!).

Also, is there going to be *whispers* gay relationship choices? I have terrible Stockholm syndrome when it comes to Phillipe and am willing to murd- uh, "fight" she-who-shalt-not-be-named.

Also Pru. Like for realziez, I love her. She's fantastic.

On dating: Relationships of 11+ will do "something" in Y2, and social interactions are slated to become more important, so I figure dating will be a part of it. Mind, I'm not expecting miracles. In Y2 most kids will still be 13-14 years old after all.

On gay relationships: See this topic for the past and the team's stance on the issue.

Thanx for the link and reply! "Something" sounds like it will still be fun. This game is more for mental roleplay instead of just giving you everything

Probably what makes it so good, it's like an interactive book, and when you cant di it in game you can imagine it. I even wrote a familiarschool adventure in the mod tools and a picknick with your familiar.

The first one works but could use a little tweaking, the second one is unfortunately to bugged.

The mod tools has stoped being fully windows compatible or functional for some reason.

And I guess the licence for the fan modtools is out.

Anyway, I just made it for myself because it seemed like fun stuff and since you got a familiar, you might just spend some time on/with it. It was also interesting to see if I could make things work. It was exciting to see your own adventure in-game.

For the mod tools: IIRC a Windows Update broke it, so it'll only work on Windows XP Service Pack 2 or lower. And no, running it in compatibility mode will not work. A Licence issue is indeed preventing BCS from releasing a functional version, though.

I got my mothers old junky computer in the basement, it works but it's somedhat slow. Think it got XP sp2.

So that's why the mod tools were MIA when I was looking for them! In the end I just have a lot of fanfiction for the game. I got Academagia for my friend and we now have an extensive universe revolving around this game! X{P

• 4 weeks later...

I can accept that, but even so. I have an 18 year old daughter and trust me she was very interested in boys and visa versa at 13-14. That was when she had her first boyfriend. Of course all they did was go rollerskating on dates LoL But yes they have hormones and yes they are attracted to the opposite/same sex at this age.

Zoo;

In regards to your question about University (or college), the antecedent isn't actually Potter, but real-live European Medieval & Renaissance Universities, which enrolled Students at very early ages (Guilds enrolled them even earlier!)

People, especially children, grew up really fast back then, in regards to responsibility! ;)

I imagine that child labour laws are...forgiving in Mineta compared to what most people here are used to. And I imagine that come the upcoming industrial age, where all the little brats will have a place to work, that problem is only going to get worse.

LoL That is something. These kids are old enough to learn spells that can kill each other, take on jobs all over town for complete strangers., wander in forests full of dangerous monsters, pirates, and thieves...but you think they are too young to date?! hehehehehe

Zoo;

In regards to your question about University (or college), the antecedent isn't actually Potter, but real-live European Medieval & Renaissance Universities, which enrolled Students at very early ages (Guilds enrolled them even earlier!)

People, especially children, grew up really fast back then, in regards to responsibility! ;)

On this subject, I really love that the classes in Academagia mirror to a large extent the "trivium" (grammar, dialectic and rhetoric) and "quadrivium" (arithmetic, geometry, music and astronomy) that were the bulk of the curriculum in many medieval and renaissance universities for bachelors and masters degrees respectively.

Archived