Black Chicken Studios Forums

Inspired by 'Arpeggio', yet plays like KanColle

ArcticuKitsu

It's been mentioned numerous times that 'Victory Belles' is inspired by 'Arpeggio of Blue Steel', as well as KanColle. The mention of Belles being the true captains of their vessel is how the 'Mental Models' behave in 'Arpeggio of Blue Steel'. You still have Belles, yet they're on their ship, roaming about in the sea nearby, or somewhere within the vicinity.

Each Belle you see is implied & openly mentioned to be a physical form of the ship's conciousness. The ship is alive, yet you can see them (and the Morgana) with their own forms somewhere around their respected vessels. I'd even expect some Belles to eventually hop onto another vessel (post-'39 update), or similar while holding the core, or similar (if any). As for the nitty-Gritty details in Victory Belles's lore has yet to be seen and explained in full, and I can patiently wait for such.

Now, take what you've seen in Arpeggio then add what you know from both Civilization (diplomacy) + KanColle (Gameplay), by also adding further fears, depth, and freedom to chose any node. You now have Victory Belles, or I hope I'm correct here. Being able to have more in-depth feedback to exploring maps, changing regions, as well as chosing whatever node you want. Being able to gain 'Vestures' to then confront the Belles (Arpeggio style) to then have them join, or be out there....Somewhere. It's an interesting concept on paper that I'd love to see when I can finally play the game. Can't wait to play.

--------

Extra: My Canadian 'FOG':

Funny thing is, I actually tried giving HMCS Haida & HMCS Huron their own 'Mental Model' with this now fitting that sort of realm. More on the 'punky' & 'Sassy', because FOG are supposed to be rebellious computer-like entities tasked with finding out who they truly are. They're supposed to question their prime directive of controlling the ocean.

FOG - HMCS Haida & HMCS Huron:

16097176490_1ee2842187.jpg20150115025101734 by SubTrance, on Flickr

Haida supposed to be the 'more mature' & 'sassy', yet in a formal manner. Having refined skills and personality. Huron, more of a 'child-like' character for not being as grand. Even as Destroyers, they can still mess you up badly. Canadians have been, and are known, to not mess about that they forced the Germans to fight to their best on both land & sea. This I tried to also share through the characters above, if with faults when using other software. I can't draw so I rely on others.

I can see this being nicely unique. I'm glad I backed this game, even hoping to bring more pride to the Canadian navy within this game. I'm now waiting to see what craziness occurs with these Belles away from their vessels. Hoping for card game mini-games with them, or something post-'39 update, or something.

Wish I could have backed VB. At the last moment I realized that I could have but it was too late.

I have a full list of voice lines I made for Battleship_Rodney last year when I joined the Kancolle clan in WoWS. Basically had her like her namesake (glory hound, always looking for fame, referencing the Moonlight Battle off of Cape St. Vincent) as well as stuff I gathered from her (Always looking to fight, refers to Nelson as Nel-sol, mentions about watching a Disney movie since her turrets were named after Disney characters, her pride in torpedoing Bismark, and mentioning how she was rarely upgraded)

@AK - That...is actually an excellent summary of the game. :)

@Wellington99 - A bit later in the week, we'll be opening up the Mod/Fan subforum. If you would like the Team to look at your work for Rodney, put it there! They tend to take that kind of information pretty seriously.

You can still back, by the way, if so desired- a reduced set of Tiers is available on the PayPal Store:

http://www.blackchickengames.com/victory_belles/index.html

@AK - That...is actually an excellent summary of the game. :)

@Wellington99 - A bit later in the week, we'll be opening up the Mod/Fan subforum. If you would like the Team to look at your work for Rodney, put it there! They tend to take that kind of information pretty seriously.

You can still back, by the way, if so desired- a reduced set of Tiers is available on the PayPal Store:

http://www.blackchickengames.com/victory_belles/index.html

I'll see in terms of backing. Find a good moment in time when I can.

And wow, nice. I'll go over what I already have and do some edits.

With that, do you guys have a main blog you can keep posting at? Get one set up, re-cap quickly, then release new Belles. I'm sure that's common sense, yet just wanting to say that in reminder while curious where you'll mention. Twitter works, yet you also need a blog for this. Tumblr is neat, yet that should be secondary (similar to TWitter).

I'd love to eventually find out what 'Grand Admiral Spee' appears as, among others.

It would, but that's just bad in appearance when you're wanting to do something for the long-term, no? Having something attached to your own domain makes it feel more 'professional', or so I'd say. I'm just used to such from the way SCS Software does such with their blogging for their ETS2 & ATS products.

In so far as 'Arpeggio of Blue Steel' goes, crunchyroll.com has the manga available to subscribers in English, volumes 1-9, with 10 in progress.

I tend to prefer the story line in the manga to date compared to the anime as, over time, the people, motivations, and politics get more complicated. Though I hope the authors manage to eventually address all of the crazy plot threads running around successfully.

Was told that the manga holds truer to the meaning within, ya. Nothing gets lost, yet the anime has freedom to stray a bit for creativity or funding purposes. I did enjoy the anime, just not the gimmicky ending with Kongo turning into a Death Star, destroying the American fog, then that cheap ending. It was fine up until that point for me. I have yet to watch Cadenza, something I still have on my computer. Need to get around to it. I missed out on everything else after the show because was swamped with various things.

The anime in its own ways overly gorgeous, and I love it for that.

Ars Nova lost me when they started spamming Nagara. I understand they were free to animate since Nagara was already digitized, but it made no sense to me. Cheap isn't always good.

"The manga actually makes sense, unlike the Ars Nova anime."

This is true of almost all anime conversions.

And- Arpeggio is amazing. It's a pity fewer people know about it!

At least Arpeggio is getting good attention by being connected to World of Warships :).

I will admit, I haven't read the manga(I'll get around to it some day), but I found the Arpeggio anime to be pretty good. (A lot better than some other cute girls and warships anime I can name...)

It definitely needed more episodes to flesh out the story a little more, though.

I will admit, I haven't read the manga(I'll get around to it some day), but I found the Arpeggio anime to be pretty good. (A lot better than some other cute girls and warships anime I can name...)

It definitely needed more episodes to flesh out the story a little more, though.

I echo Dano's thoughts about wishing it needing more episodes.It would have stayed polished that way, if they took their time. It's all funding issues and the struggles within the anime world. The conditions to make anime being highly poor that people that join that industry want back out again.

Arpeggio anime was pretty decent, at least it was better than KC anime(which was very inconsistent in both the tone of the show and its setting/rules of the world).

I haven't seen the Arpeggio movie but I'm planning to(will be a live reaction ofc), hopefully it's good.

PS: I was very disappointed that World of Warships NA doesn't continue the Arpeggio event. I really wanted Haruna, she's my favorite.

XKrieg, Make sure to watch both movies, I made the mistake of thinking the first was just a recap but about a third of it is new footage that sets up the second movie.

Far as I'm aware there are only two movies, Ars Nova DC, which is a recap of the series + about 40 minutes of new footage and Ars Nova Cadenza, which is all new.

Archived