Black Chicken Studios Forums

XP gain in subskill

laclongquan

The usual way of gain XP (or Skill Step SS)everyone know: Train, Study in libraries, some classes.

I thought each action inside events (both random and adventure) count toward gaining Skill Step. But currently I dont think that is the case. I use Character Study half a dozen times and it still at level 1. My game is unpatch so I wonder.

Really What are the occasions that we really gain XP Skill Step?

The colors don't indicate what you are likely to get from a choice in an adventure/encounter so much as how likely you are to succeed at that choice. That being said, oftentimes a choice that you have no chance of success in (reds and purples) will give you a skill step at the ability you tried to use and failed at. The logic of this is that your character is learning from their failures, and trying to make sure that when a similar situation comes up, they aren't caught unprepared a second time.

Far as I can tell, the usual gained XP is comparable to a single step. If you gained several XP, it will level up ONE only, the rest lost. You gain skill level only if the report say you gain skill level.

Example? The Finicky Plant adventure start with a +3 SS to Voice. If your voice cost 1 or 2 to level up, it will be quite a waste. So I level Voice up till 6 or 7 to start this Adventure.

About the events;

While they do add things, they won't if you already have mastered the skill.

Which is a waste and a shame in my opinion. Events could be made all the more important if they allowed an increase beyond ones maximum capacity to train.

It also makes sense; with study and artificial practice one can only learn so much till they reach their maximum capacity. (which is well simulated by the cap in the game.) However by trying it out in real events, being pushed to the limit with no time to carefully think or prepare one "should" learn new things. Like a way to short cut the spell time, etc.

To be honest I can't wait till year two now with all the added features and promises.

(almost makes it look like year one was an alfa version that was shipped due to financial pressure) :lol: j/k

Just kidding there, but I am absolutely sure it will lift an already great game up to new fantastic heights.

Just a short question; how many years will there be and will there be something to do after the school years? (parts of me hopes this serie will continue forever)

That pitiful shadow of a ghost? Bah.

Anyway, that idiot evil overlord make the most basic mistake: ensuring his own prophetic destruction. If you have predestinied enemy, send all your troops in to kill that, use all your resource to do it, use every mean to do it. But oh noes, the bugger just had to play with his prey like cat and mouse. A most basic mistake. Kill first, monologue later over that cooling corpse. Oh, it sound obsessive but it's actually very rational. Drip and drab sent in just to serve as fodder to level up the heroes? Bah.

Archived