Black Chicken Studios Forums

Save game deleted my saves

uzu

WTF!!!!

I saved game as usual before next day and it erased my save!!!!! Then i saved game over another save and it deleted that too... I thought it might be a bug and tryed a brand new save and it showed the save progress bar as for the rest but no savegame! I restarted the game, hit 'continue BUGS WRESTLING adventures for 30 BUCKS' and NOTHING!

I've played the game for 5 days now and it didnt do this till here in the second year. There is no way in the world I#ll restart playing this if i can't get my save back somehow...and that is very, very unlikely to happen.

GOOD thing I didn' buy the game lol.... :-L

Well, Hello and ty for your swift response.

Before buying something, I like to take an interest in the product of my desire :). Thus I have visited the forum and after reading that it has just begun and about a few serious bugs I decided to try it out first. On the other hand investing a good ammount of time into something just to have it lost afterwards seems to me as the biggest issue there is.

As for the rest, I always support games I like and buy them but tend to react differently, in that case, to issues like this one.

This being said, congratulations on a nice game with mechanics I like and enjoy. It did get me hooked till losing my char. Also, I found that the manual actually relates to explaining matters that are quite easy to understand without reading it, but doesn't explain how to sell items for example as you don't do this thru the action of SHOP.

Hope you solve the saves issue so I can wonder about the Academy once more in the official version... I do hope you understand that 'it has something to do with..' doesn't do for 30 bucks :'>.

Cheers and good luck.

P.S. maybe you could set the parent folder for saves in a more accesible area as i have scaned my laptop for them several times and didnt not get to them (have read the 'saves can be found here post'). That would prolly make it easier to make backups.

Uzu;

We are working to close them- as I mentioned, it seems to be related to a certain version of .NET 4.0 in Vista. As soon as we can replicate the error and determine its cause, it will be quashed.

Thanks also for the suggestion on saves- we plan on moving them into the Academagia folder, if we can do it seamlessly.

Uzu;

We are working to close them- as I mentioned, it seems to be related to a certain version of .NET 4.0 in Vista. As soon as we can replicate the error and determine its cause, it will be quashed.

Thanks!

Well, I see support is very promt :), you are doing a gr8 job on it. Another plus then. If we keep chatting a bit more I'll go ASL pls :)).

Wish I had made the damn backup faster :-(.

Uzu;

So do we! One of the difficult parts of this bug is that it is difficult to replicate on our test platforms.

If you would like to play and test one possible solution, you can try one of these:

1) Uninstall .NET 4 Client Profile. If you already have .NET 3.5 SP1 installed, this is the closest to the base requirements of the game, and should solve the issue if our guess is right.

2) Uninstall .NET 4 Client Profile and replace it with the standalone installation of .NET 4 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=0a391abd-25c1-4fc0-919f-b21f31ab88b7) If again you already have .NET 3.5 SP1 installed, this should solve the issue if our guess is correct.

...if you do try either of these methods, please let us know the result.

Thanks!

Archived