Black Chicken Studios Forums

Time lag

dustman

This is really nice game but it makes me furious after playing for a bit:

Any action, like left-clicking on a button, scroll with a mouse wheel and so on, takes quite a bit of time. Checking history of a day, f.ex., and coming back to calendar, can take several dozens of seconds, while no real orders were given in-between. I can understand time spent on simulation of the whole world, but simple navigation between screens shouldn't be so hard and time consuming. Such lags begin from a fresh start and getting worse as time go.

PC specs:

Asus EeePC 1215, 2x Intel Atom D525, 2 G RAM, NVidia Ion GPU, Windows 7 (optimized for performance of user apps), latest version of Academagia from Impulse.

dustman;

Unfortunately, the game's database is large and it can take time to process actions. What you notice about changing screens, however, is something we are looking at for optimization. I haven't seen as pronounced lag as what you mention (especially on scrolling), but we'll see what we can do.

Thanks for the feedback!

Unfortunately, the game's database is large and it can take time to process actions. What you notice about changing screens, however, is something we are looking at for optimization. I haven't seen as pronounced lag as what you mention (especially on scrolling), but we'll see what we can do.

I would imagine :lol: Simulation of over a hundred of chars and many locations per char should take time.

Changing NVidia's settings for better performance has reduced this lag a bit, but just slightly. Thing is, the game itself is very fun but at the moment waiting exceeds active play time. Pity.

I'm probably bit of an old-school but wouldn't mind playing in a text mode without fancy graphics if it would cut on waiting time ;)

Archived