Black Chicken Studios Forums

The Scholastic League

Sabin Stargem

I would like to make an suggestion, one that is more long term. The premise is that for each Mid-Term, the best student of each College is nominated based on their combined scores from their six chosen classes - this wins them some Merit and perhaps a point of Glory, but the real deal is the final Exams between all 7 champions of each College: The best get some nice privileges for their College, while the worst get the dubious distinction of not being the best overall student of their year. The top 3 students get good prizes, 4th place doesn't get a penalty, while 5, 6, and 7th place get the hammer, as would their teachers. As such, these special competitions are largely about which College can be considered the best, so their is pressure all-around to succeed from teachers and students. Would this idea combined with related adventures be fun?

Sabin;

That idea is awesome! Alright, we need a name for this Scholastic League? Challenge? Let's hear it. :P

This cannot be done easily in Year 1, but in Year 2- this sounds great.

The Gahdmav ? Vamahdg ? Gavamdh ? Hagmavd ? (I took each first letter from the schools and tried to do something cool.. well. I tried)

Or each year the name start with the letter from the winning school ?

The EverChangingName ?

I'm not sure the best student in the worst college should 'get hammered' but it would certainly be fair for the last place colleges to lose a few points of merit or some such.

But bear in mind that some of the college might get screwed by their mandatory calsses, since some classes generally get lower grades than others.

Teachers should not get any punishments or gains from this competition. After all, Rieulle Chatellain might be teaching Music to a group of students which are from all the different colleges, including the best and the worst student currently walking around.

Just keep the consequences to the Student and his/her College, in that order.

After all, the College would like to win, but the Student is doing all the work there. And I think that just being selected as a Champion is an achievement for the Student already, he/she should not be overly punished for not being the best of ALL Colleges.

Archived