Black Chicken Studios Forums

problem with version 1.08.004 from Impulse

dustman

Well, I have a problem here which is related to version 1.08 or patch 8, so I will squeeze it in here for minimizing the number of threads..

I am in the middle of my patch 8 playthrough when suddenly, my luck shrink from 7 to 5 without any notice, no spell casted, no temporary abilities for luck, I almost have the status for 2 months(luck 7), then suddenly this happens... I hope this will be fixed on future patches... HELP... ITs MY HARD-EARNED LUCK!!! :)

There are other exploits and bugs in patch 8, and listed as follows:

1. Although the end of the day report said that you have lost the "Library of Mantele", on the following day, it wasn't remove, thats why I enjoyed maxing out my skills through it.

2. Every Time I rest, It happens that the emotions like ennui and cowardice always pop out of nowhere(very annoying, its always in my emotion list i.e. like permanent!), And when I'm about to use a spell(which removes an emotion, and adds joy), the verification slot, where I or the player will select what emotions to removed, no dialog box pop outs, This spell is broken!! HELP...

dustman;

Please let me know if the steps outlined in that thread close the issue.

wardrake;

There are still some factors which contribute to your Skills and Attributes which are not reported by the roll overs- some Emotions, for instance, as well as other, rarer, entities. I would hazard a guess that your Character has been affected by one of these, and it's probably related to the second issue you mention.

In regards to the two issues that you reported:

1) The Library technically goes on cooldown for 1 Phase, and cannot be used, but the cooldown ends almost immediately so you are able to use it again. The reporting in this instance needs to be improved.

2) You can very easily be trapped in cycles of Emotions if you are not careful- you will need to read the Emotions afflicting to you to see how to escape them. All of them can be preventing through a combination of lowered Stress, certain Skills and other factors.

3) Which Spell are you using? I'd like to test it.

Finally, you can always Patch your game to the latest- you just will not benefit from some features, depending on the Patch.

Thanks!

Thank you, Schwarzbart.

'Run as administrator' allows to start the game. Dunno how other ppl feel about it, but using several systems for software management is a recipe for disaster, imo. Will wait for a new patch from Impulse.

At least this is a known issue and fix is planned.

It's "Calafon's Balancing of Humours" spell!!

After applying the patch 10 and loading my save game, the tooltips which includes the abilities that increases the particular attribute or skill are now missing!

In patch 10, I found a bug, (here's the scenario)although the transferring of items are a wee bit faster, in the end of the day report in which you are given a chance to exchange your item to certain location, a bug that when you transfer your item from that location to your wardrobe-it only accomodates 1 item at a time, while transferring your item to that location is ok because you can exchange as much item as you want.. you need to exit first the side bar panel and go to history->exchange, in order to retrieve your item one by one! :)

Legate said:

1) The Library technically goes on cooldown for 1 Phase, and cannot be used, but the cooldown ends almost immediately so you are able to use it again. The reporting in this instance needs to be improved.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

does 1 phase mean, a third of a day?

if it is, then why can I use it 3 times in a row(yummy)....

wardrake;

As mentioned, there are several hidden factors (in your case, probably related to Emotions), which can lower your Skills and Attributes without being reported by the tooltip. My suggestion to you is to work on removing as many of your Emotions as possible. You may also have an Affliction, in which case you will need to Rest to remove it.

I've encountered few other problems playing the game with this patch:

1. Game crashed when I was trying to add phemes to a spell.

2. Many 'empty' skills, i.e. it's shown in the log, sometime even with a lore attached, but actual increase to the mentioned skill is absent. This happened several times, and I can remember that at least Concentration and Leadership were affected.

dustman;

Hmm! We have not seen either of these issues in our test games- do you happen to have an affected save that you could upload and pm a RapidShare link to me? I would be very interested in observing both of these.

Thanks!

Edit: One more thing to look at, if you don't mind- for the Pheme related crash, could you give me more details when this occurs? Also, could you first look at the Phemes in your Spells and Phemes tab on the left hand side before you add any Phemes to Spells? I am curious to know if this is related to the previous sorting issue reported.

Sorry, Legate of Mineta, game crushed couple of weeks of game-time after the last save. As far as I remember, it was caused by Beginner's Delving spell while I was trying to attach a pheme adding 1 structure point to item (can't remember its name, sorry).

Btw, I could send a current save but would it be possible to avoid RapidShare? Don't want to open account on that site..

about my saved game(patch 8 playthrough), which is loaded using the newly patched game(patch 10), in some point near the end of the year(exactly in the kaliri exam reminder), my game loaded at that day, all my stats resets to zero, even my action(no other action but REST) abilities and spells. IT IS SOMETHING I WORKED FOR TOO LONG, and my first characters since I played the game... whew, it really hurts when all her achievements went to nothing... ;)

about the calafon's? is it broken... any issues trying to fix it?

GAH....GrRR... I hate to start over again...

Archived