Black Chicken Studios Forums

Mod Tools

mhv3

Yes it takes a few hours for me to publish a mod but if your computer is powerful enough you can do other things (like playing Academagia) while the mod tool is working.

Unfortunate that my computer isn't that powerful. I can play Academagia but publishing the mod at the same time would slow and freeze my computer.

• 1 year later...

Pretty much none of the links work except for the one CremePudding posted. Here is said link. The white button in the middle of the screen is the download button, and if you get another prompt go with whatever button is the least decorative and catchy - I suspect the second prompt is a Premium account something-or-another whatever, but I can't confirm that.

And if you need a link to the DLC15 .amm mod base, this one still works.

Also an FYI: Unless you still have Windows XP, there's a bug with the mod tools where it won't allow you to make any changes within the "Main Text" tab, so you won't be able to add/change adventures or events properly.

To clarify, there is no DLC 16 mod base. The next mod base to be released is slated to be DLC 17, IIRC.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

You can still download them, you just have to find working links (which, admittedly, are an endangered species):

Here is a working link for the mod tools.

Here is a working, if slow and non-English link for the .AMO. To download click the middle white button with the arrow and (148.32M) on it, and then click the white button on the top-right.

Here is a working link for the DLC 15 mod base, which is the latest seeing as how the DLC 16 mod base hasn't been released.

Incidentally, was the plan to wait for DLC 17 to release the last modbase or is there a DLC 18 planned, or what?

For reference, you need the the .AMO to mod the game. The DLC 15 mod base, being doubly outdated at this point, is only necessary for looking through outdated game data. If you want to make a mod, base it on the .AMO and publish it against the .AMO. The game does not play nice with a mod of a mod.

For reference, you need the the .AMO to mod the game. The DLC 15 mod base, being doubly outdated at this point, is only necessary for looking through outdated game data. If you want to make a mod, base it on the .AMO and publish it against the .AMO. The game does not play nice with a mod of a mod.

Okay, so that seems to end with making an .amm file that is quite large (basically the size of the AMO) - is that correct? Where would I put it in the mod order? Above or below DLC17?

Okay, so that seems to end with making an .amm file that is quite large (basically the size of the AMO) - is that correct? Where would I put it in the mod order? Above or below DLC17?

Sound like you used Publish Official Content instead of Publish Mod. Publish Official Content generate a file that contain everything and not just you changes so that it can be used instead of the DLC, but yes this means if you use the AMO as base you will play with version 1.0 instead of DLC 17 then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I came back after a long time and decided to try my hand at modding again.   After getting the new modbase and dusting off the amo and tool, I was unable to open the mod base.

This is on windows 10

It says" The database you are opening was created in previous version of Mod Tool.   It must be converted to the format used by this version.  After a database has been converted, it can no longer be edited in previous version.  Click yes to conver and open your database or No to cancel operation.

I click yes and it flashes a progress bar for a second or fraction thereof and then nothing.  No errors or any database to pick things from.   I can open the amo and see from there, but I wanted to use the new modbase.

Is Mod tool 0.63.3 still the latest?   Am I missing something else?  

Thanks

• 7 months later...

Hey everyone I was wondering if anyone can help me out. My hard drive recently died on me and I lost the mod base. Seeing that the mod base 4 doesn't work with the currently available mod tools and none of the links I found on the forums seem to work I was wondering if anyone can supply me with one of the previous mod base. I was mostly using the mod tools as a guide for the adventures, I think I can also use the amo for that purpose so if you don’t have the modbase but have the amo I can use that instead. I know the pan baidu link supposedly works but that one downloads a executable file and well... I’m not that comfortably with that.

Edit: Just in case someone sees this in the future and wanted to help you don't need to anymore a user privately sent me a link. Thanks to anyone who saw this and wanted to help!

Edited by SlugJam

• 4 months later...

Hi all, I used to (several years ago) use the mod tools exclusively for the task of looking up the exact roll requirements for certain adventure skill checks, since the wiki is full of vague guesses. I have the mod tools and the latest (I think?) .amm for DLC 17, but as noted above by mhv3 the mod tools won't open it. That's a shame, but honestly the adventures I need the most guidance with are the older ones that have absurd 30+ skill checks and such. What's the most recent .amm that actually works with the mod tools? I can use the .amo if there's nothing else, but any more recent mod is certainly more helpful!