Black Chicken Studios Forums

Explore: How it Works?

89157Z

I thought I'd already made a topic about this once, but I couldn't find it in looking over the forums, and I don't recall what answer (if any) I actually got. How does the Explore action work? Does it check any skills? Are there prerequisites to finding stuff? Or does it just randomly give you a location you've never seen before?

For that matter, can it give you a location you have seen before?

I once found the Gates school with the Explore action, which I'm pretty sure isn't supposed to be possible. I couldn't use any of the school's actions, but I found it and had it in my Locations list. Isn't the Gates school supposed to be in an interdimensional bubble?

I was kind of afraid of that, Legate!

A very high Explore check will give you something random of a massive list of possible locations, and is relatively unlikely to lead you to anywhere truly unique (and thus presumably difficult to find).

Maybe it should pick two or three random locations from the list of things which come in under your check, and then give you whichever is most difficult-to-find.

Maybe it should pick two or three random locations from the list of things which come in under your check, and then give you whichever is most difficult-to-find.

Nah, we are searching randomly instead of looking it specifically with a map. So this luck based search is accurate.

Now if we can purchase a map and then click an area of the map to search...

Maybe that can be an idea for a spell, then. For the duration of the spell, it would improve our explorations by guiding us to more difficult-to-find and unique areas.

Or perhaps it could be a special better-than-explore action that functioned like my suggestion.

Archived