Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

That's odd! Only rarely do any characters put more effort than a point of relationship with me. On occasion it's been Phillipe, but I've never had any real dealings with him unless the relationship goes more than a little sour (-4+)

At that point I do one of two things, depending on how whether midterms have passed or not.

If It's the second half, I've got enough vitality to tank his abuse until I'm ready for showdown time. Otherwise I reset. Good luck dealing with that devil spider what seems like every other day when you have 4 vitality points.

I honestly have no idea how it even happens. Other offenders of characters who stalk any of my characters are Everwine and Cyrus. Everwine through Events...and thus, to me, he is so much worse than Ana Flavia. Cyrus sicks his dog on me.

But Phillipe is the one constantly with 3 points of relationship. I'd hate to have him as an enemy. Due to the nature of most events and adventures, I still get the whole bully routine, but it's nice to know my characters remain stress-free.

To be honest, I'd hate for any of the characters to fail. They all add atmosphere to the school and no matter my character's vendetta, I, as the player, want to see how all the NPCs evolve.

On that note, we've been told how we can help at kicking out a student...but is there a way to keep them in school? Or do they just get a pass automatically unless we interfere?

So not only will we be able to force them out of the school, but we can stunt their growth by limiting the classes available to them? harsh!

So at what point will the academy interfere with this sort of thing? If 10 students bite it? 20? half?

Probably the regent involved with the college of the students who are failing would be the most involved... But would Professor Von Rupprecht *really* do anything to an Aranaz PC if the Entire Durand population got cut in half in one fell stroke? Would Briardi be in a position to do anything beside future preventative measures?(assuming there's no direct proof but a slew of "circumstantial" evidence that *somehow* *cooincidentally* put you in the position to do that.)

So freespace....big plans for Y2?

If a PC would choose not to create a clique, would this have an effect on the social interactions?

Considering that cliques are a big thing in school and that, by the end of the year pretty much everyone is in one. I've so far managed to keep one of my characters away from one and instead made a whole 'mercenary loner' playthrough: no clique of close friends but friendly enough to be asked to do a lot of the adventures(especially since they all start asking with the line 'I've heard you're good at not getting killed'). Does this mean that, with no clique, no friends would send mail over the summer or invite you over?

I suppose that since a clique would be a tight group, they'd take priority, AI wise, but for someone friends with people from Joana and Phillipe to Ana Flavia and Everwine, how would this play out? I imagine a party where every single of his friends would come....it would be a disaster. Especially with Rui there...

And do relationships with friends degrade if you don't contact them over the summer, if not in your clique, even if you did their adventures?

Ugh, browser accidently refreshed when I was almost finished typing and I lost it all. Stupid keyboard shortcuts. I pressed Control-R instead of Shift-R. GAH!!!!

Anyway. Goals, in no order, truncated version:

• Clear traitor background heritage as much as possible
  • Show off my ability with various pillars of magic at home as much as possible.
  • Establish self as head honcho academically
  • Crush all opposition without mercy to my established pecking order.
  • Find any new good libraries for studying.
  • Raise [redacted] past casual contact levels. Maybe.
  • College mandated courses, 2 Negation courses, 1 Revision, 1 magical elective, and choose between Glamour or other magical classes. (only Y2 versions, of course)
  • Pay tuition for Contu's Incantation school. (already have money, no Incantation classes at Academagia this year)
  • Adventures. Pamela, Main Ad, Vernin tower, and Aranaz/Durand rivalry on top priority
  • STUDY STUDY STUDY. Must be fully studied by midterms. with extra class(es) that might be a pain.
  • Grab a second Clique member.
  • Find prerequisites for Schowanwicht school, but don't enroll. (safer to not jump the gun on that)
  • Learn all things DRAGON-related. (Need to learn dragon-casting when it becomes available)
  • Obtain a good wand that gives bonuses to all pillars.
  • Ensure that all new Y2 magical niche skills (those not belonging to a specific pillar) are at least at 8-10 by year's end if reasonably possible.
  • Raise old Y1 magical Niche skills to at least 15 (not too many of them, I think I can do that.)

Secondary goals

• Raise relationships with at least Orso and Sixt to max
  • Raise relationships with at least 2 class professors to 10
  • Pull off one great prank and blame it on Durand college.
  • Fully equip myself.
  • Raise some Y2 magical class skills that I'm not taking to 12-13.

I'm fairly sure that'll suck up most of the year. And that's only what I'm anticipating. Looking forward to Y2.

"Crush all opposition without mercy to my established pecking order"

...Alright. Glad there isn't some sort of Academagia multiplayer. I assume that by Y5, the only students around would be your character and clique?

You wouldn't like the Aranaz college best, would you? :P

All my plans for Y2 are "continue adventures" and "use more illegal magic". Granted, my favourite college is Godina. All we want is to toss fireballs and learn how to fence. (and drink alcohol, but really doubt it would be in any earlier than Y4)

Actually, I expect very little resistance to my dominance once the one or two close second honor students are beaten down in duels. The rest will just fall in line. There might be an isolated case here and there, but overall that's the plan.

And Yes, I do enjoy Aranaz College VERY MUCH!! :)

I really can't believe how well it fits me because when I first chose it, the reason was only two mandated classes, both of them traditional.

I think it's time that I ask, though.

Legate! Is it AR-AH-naz or EH-RAH-naz? In my head I use the first!

Free;

Among the Team, it's your first pronunciation, but there are a variety of accents, so Adrian can breathe easily, too. :)

For Mad's questions:

"If a PC would choose not to create a clique, would this have an effect on the social interactions?"

Yes, it makes some things more difficult, and other things more easy, as you will see.

"Considering that cliques are a big thing in school and that, by the end of the year pretty much everyone is in one. I've so far managed to keep one of my characters away from one and instead made a whole 'mercenary loner' playthrough: no clique of close friends but friendly enough to be asked to do a lot of the adventures(especially since they all start asking with the line 'I've heard you're good at not getting killed'). Does this mean that, with no clique, no friends would send mail over the summer or invite you over?"

You still have friends from your hometown, but it's not likely you'll hear from anyone at the Academagia, no.

"I suppose that since a clique would be a tight group, they'd take priority, AI wise, but for someone friends with people from Joana and Phillipe to Ana Flavia and Everwine, how would this play out? I imagine a party where every single of his friends would come....it would be a disaster. Especially with Rui there..."

It's not too likely that these kinds of specific interactions would be in Year 2- the amount of writing to do this would be...prohibitive. It would be super cool, though. :)

"And do relationships with friends degrade if you don't contact them over the summer, if not in your clique, even if you did their adventures?"

Yes. All Relationships degrade over summer, but this can be prevented via contact, even if just by mail.

I think I have to invite my clique at last once over to my home of the holydays (if this is implemented in year 2) to keep the relationship high enough.

Schwarzbart;

No comment on this yet. :)

...But since even Y1 all but stated that it will be a possibility, I'm fairly sure it will be there. ;)

Ooh, Won't that also mean that negative relations will raise during the break? slower probably, but...