Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Is there some sort of ratio of normal people versus magical people? Given the environment Academagia is in, we see a LOT of the magical variant but the Lore and answers on this forum show that it's actually quite rare, even in Mineta where mages study right there. And how much of the market is directed towards magical users rather than the common folk?

Mad;

The percentage of the Magically educated is very low- certainly less than one million are university trained, with others learning by tutor or by parentage. Cities are where wizards congregate, so they have ready access to materials, work, luxuries, research and learned company.

The market has a large craving for magical goods, not least because of their efficacy, but because of more sophisticated structures which allow for the sale and consumption of magical items before their duration expires. The common man knows, and probably has some practical experience with, enchanted items, but may never have met a wizard. Enchanting items are generally regarded as sound, especially if they have a guild mark. Wizards, however, are viewed with distrust and suspicion, being the unstable origin of curses, plagues and sudden fireballs. :)

Hmmm. Out of curiosity, just what sort of price would a orthographed one-time spell be? I understand it would depend on the labor required to make it but just on average ignoring "collectibility factor"? which is something the artist tends never to see. :)

Just me or does that quote sound particularly like a certain ferret-owning, treacherous, lying, blackmailing, sneaky, as of now partially amnesiac little Heidi boy?

I'm actually particularly interested in him as he sounds so much worse than Phillipe. At least the bully thanks you at the end (sort of). I am also really curious about his adventure...

So Year 2? Soon? Soonish? I'll need to take a week off work for the release, I bet.

Still targeting this year, at the end.

Hmm. I could have swore I've heard that before, somewhere... :)

I wonder...

Ah well, so long as we don't hear the same thing at the same time of year next year... ;)

Well, don't work so hard that you completely burn out and Y3 takes forever to do! :(

I am actually reinstalling my namesake for old time's sake. :) FSOpen is a marvel of independent game development. I figure I can get some interesting hours of play still. Maybe it's even been updated since I last played it? Who knows as I sure don't :P

Anyway, I know how to kill time, as anyone who's seen me on #wizardbase can attest to, being the first one there by like 4 hours.