Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Is there a such things as liches in Academagia world?

What sort of vampires are there? I mean, should I be thinking Dracula, Nosferatu, Anne Rice, *gulp* Twilight...? Are they all murderous scum, or can there be vampires that contribute to society in a fashion?

What is the general belief of what happens when you die? (I should have asked that last week...)

Do people in general just worship the New Gods, or do they give thanks to the Old Gods, too?

What do the Thieves Guild generally do to independent thieves they find operating in Mineta? Are they given a chance to join the guild, or do they go directly to floating with the fishies?

What is the name of the chain of islands inspired by Ireland?

Why are there no mages in the city guard, anyway?

If a ninja fights a pirate, who wins?

Mikka;

Is there a such things as liches in Academagia world?

Yes, via Gates magic.

What sort of vampires are there? I mean, should I be thinking Dracula, Nosferatu, Anne Rice, *gulp* Twilight...? Are they all murderous scum, or can there be vampires that contribute to society in a fashion?

Vampires are Dracula-esque, and are considered to be murderous scum. That said, there are rumors of vampires masquerading in plain sight.

What is the general belief of what happens when you die? (I should have asked that last week...)

You are collected by the New Gods, and sent to live in their Palaces.

Do people in general just worship the New Gods, or do they give thanks to the Old Gods, too?

New Gods. There are very few people who actively worship the Old, and often they are persecuted.

What do the Thieves Guild generally do to independent thieves they find operating in Mineta? Are they given a chance to join the guild, or do they go directly to floating with the fishies?

Given the chance, usually.

What is the name of the chain of islands inspired by Ireland?

Aullaugh.

Why are there no mages in the city guard, anyway?

In Mineta, the Guard contracts magical services to the local guild.

If a ninja fights a pirate, who wins?

Zombies.

Would those vampires be capable of performing magic? What about other creatures that started out human?

Oh and if someone used Gates to summon a wizard from another plane of existence, would that wizard still be able to use his old form of spellcasting?

Also, are there things roughly equivalent to the Outer Gates from the Dresden Files? Planes that one should never try to summon a creature from?

Cyx;

Would those vampires be capable of performing magic? What about other creatures that started out human?

Yes.

Oh and if someone used Gates to summon a wizard from another plane of existence, would that wizard still be able to use his old form of spellcasting?

Presumably- some summoned creatures do have strange forms of magic, although it's thought that all magic is actually one unified system.

Also, are there things roughly equivalent to the Outer Gates from the Dresden Files? Planes that one should never try to summon a creature from?

Yes. Oh, yes. :)

So, since we're talkin' 'bout vampires....

Do the usual vampire remedies work?

"holy" items? (Or perhaps "holy" cheeses? :))

Garlic? (Or perhaps garlic BREATH? ^_^)

Stakes? (Or perhaps steaks served bloody rare? :lol: )

Is Sun an instant Kill or just a nuisance?

Do they have that annoying tendency to be all emo? (please say no, wearing black is not itself emo.)

And most importantly, when you say dracula-ish I think that's very vague seeing how many interpretations of Dracula exist. I assume you mean the original book?

I realize inquires about dragons are, as such, restricted to certain degrees... But I'll assume that the same does not hold for inquires of students?

I was wondering when Castion (with his unique *cough* "familiar") attended the Academagia? (~refering to lore: Castion & Drake) (Also, how did they manage to get the beast into the auditorium? :P )

So I've been replaying the game and finished the Captain's adventure. Is the spell at the end of it (Glamour one) that hard to make the character exhausted? As I recall there are several hard spells we can cast (causing an icestorms and Glamour dragons, being an Elemental Warrior, Gates spells) but never with those consequences.

And what is the hardest spell that the PC casts in Year One? Just for reference.

Ah, that makes sense. I kept thinking of other spells, trying to find more difficult ones. It was a pretty bad situation.

Awww...I was curious about those spells. I kept asking myself if the forbidden art spells or generally any specific type are harder than others. I suppose the ones you have to maintain should be harder but a massive release of magic might have the same result. Is there such a thing as magical power or does it just involve skill, practice and knowledge?

Scheherazade was supossed to be released end of 2011 but actual got relased Sep. 2012!

All the time this game was released later is now missig in development time for Academagia Year 2.

So after Scheherazade was released it was clear the earlyst posible time we will get Academagia is end of 2013 but it also could get 2014.

At least Y2 will come in due time. Freespace is still my favorite PC series, and I probably will never see a FS3. At best we can probably hope for something like "star control 3"... ugh....

Yeah, an unfinished series is always painful. George RR Martin had better get to writing! :)

Speaking of projects, though, I *believe* a new KickStarter project will be revealed over the weekend. This is just the first teaser, with the actual campaign to follow next month or so. It should be interested- it's pretty different, as you'll see. ;)