Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Mikka;

For your questions:

If someone doesn't get in the Academagia one year, can they apply the next if they're of age? (Such as a student applying at 11, then again at 12, and then hey, at 13.)

Yes- for Players beginning in Year 2, they will be transfer students. :)

Around how many professors teach full time at the Academagia? Not looking at an exact, just if it's more 50 or more 100 or more 300, la de da (and not concerned about other non-teaching staff, like cooks or gardeners).

I'd say there are roughly 75 or so Professors at the Academagia, but only half or so would be teaching in any given year.

What are the rules on common-rooms? Other students allowed in them or not? What about when it comes to dormrooms? I assume students are not supposed to have members of the opposite sex, but could a girl from Aranaz invite her friend from Avila in to her room with little risk? How about inviting one of the other Aranaz girls she's not rooming with?

Common Rooms are open to friends of other Colleges during school hours. Dorm rooms are off limits, but there's little risk of being scolded for that during the day.

Any other students of Monteon-ish descent besides Noemia? (Joana?)

Noemia, Llarina and Joana are all of Monteon-ish descent.

Does Alesfan map to a specific African country, or is it just a general 'Victorian ideal of Africa'?

Ethiopia, mostly.

Is there anywhere that would be similar to the Ottoman Empire (or Turkey and/or the Balkans and/or Greece)?

Nothing exactly corresponding to the polyglot/cosmopolitan Ottoman Empire of the period, but the Sultanate of Teique is the closest equivalent. There is nothing like the Balkans in modern Elumia, and Cassatta is all that remains of the ancient Choretes (the most Grecian)- but even then, they are about as Greek as Calabria. :)

I imagine that the Academagia Library would have books of 'fiction'. I can't off hand give any Titles, though. Maybe..

The Evening Saga, best-selling Gates romance fiction! (ew)

========

How do one become a Professor at the Academagia? Send a letter and get interview? Or invitation-by-school only?

And, since it most likely varies from Legate to Legate, if Orsi have a say in picking Professors, what is his biggest concern?

(Was trying to add new options for events when I stumbled upon an unfortunate one regarding Professor Knoht that make her even more of a joke to me :( )

Do the kids you're in school with have established origins?

If so could I ask where a few kids are from (as in nations?)? Some I can guess from their names but the ones I'd like to know are the following:

Vincent Eins (as far as I know there is nothing in year 1 text about his family)

Carmine (You can learn cool stuff about his mother from an event; one of my favorite events especially the conversation exit)

Neso (You learn about his personal background some in his adventure, but where is he from?)

Silke (as far as I know there is nothing in year 1 text about her family)

Cordelia T. (you know she's close to her dad from adventure, but where is she from?)

Luti (you know a bit about his dad's personality, but again not really where he's from)

Most of this is relevant to the RP I'm working on (especially useful for Neso, Carmine, and Silke).

Thanks!

starcrunch;

Sure! They all come from various places:

Vincent Eins is from the Barony of Wies.

Carmine Sturzo is from the Duchy of Ilice.

Neso Ulleri is from the Duchy of Ceada.

Silke Niederstatter is from the Principality of Schus.

Cordelia Troublepot is from the Kingdom of Auncesay.

Luti Jaconelli is from the Barony of Cassatta.

What's off the main map? We know a bit about what's East and South, I think, but not much for the North or West.

Any place with Scandinavian influence? Or Russian?

What students come from Vilocia (and Staade, in particular)?

Are there any dueling styles/ways that originated in Monteon, or are that are still heavily practiced by the remaining people (be they the Mercs, or the immigrants to Medinei, or whatever)? How about the dueling styles of Staade?

Would Mineta have any sort of ability to deal with a student who was not welcomed back at their home (all black sheep like) or who was an orphan without a home? I assume that while the Academagia might allow them to stay an extra week or two in each direction, they'd eventually be kicked off campus. Could a twelve year old rent a room at an inn (or a bed in a common area) for the season, or be taken in by an orphanage or hospice, or even rent themselves an apartment if they were some sort of fantastically wealthy orphan? Or would it be possible for them to work for food and board during the summer, be it at an inn or at any of those nice small places you can get jobs at throughout the game, or even at the Academagia? (Botany 10: 'I'm really good at pulling weeds now!')

What exactly is the Academagia Rimbal team? Reading over it, I get confused. I know there's a team that plays only regularly against other schools, that seems to be made of all Collages (I think Zorzi's fundraising for them). I know that there are also Collage teams, as lore has complaints about how the Hedi team was embarrassed by blah and how the Godina Rimbal team has been unusually horrible recently. Yet another event mentioned first year team playing against the second year team. Exactly how many Rimbal teams are there? Can students be on more then one?

How did Hedi get so lucky to never have been in a rivalry with any other collage? What's the secret?

Is there any sort of list of what familiars are capable of speech in the first year?

...If you do help Girars or Llarina with their familiar problems, what happens to poor Percy and Heckitt? I've never done Girars adventure the full way through, but I know Llarina does get her talkingish monkey at the end. Will she start next year with two familiars? Unbind herself to Heckitt the way Pamela worries the PC will? I always felt bad doing that adventure...

Thanks for all the answers you give. :)

Mikka;

What's off the main map? We know a bit about what's East and South, I think, but not much for the North or West.

...haha, too much to tell! The Islands to extend North and West, although these chains come to an end fairly shortly.

Any place with Scandinavian influence? Or Russian?

Yes to both. There are a handful of students from these areas, and of course, some of the instructors, too.

What students come from Vilocia (and Staade, in particular)?

Yes, from Staade you have:

von Lutersee, Reitz

von Wetgen, Beatrix

von Zoedorf, Everwine

Pfeuffer, Caspar

From Vilocia, you have:

von Kiep, Rikildis

Henning, Kurt

...and a few more from the nations between Vilocia and Meril, as well.

Are there any dueling styles/ways that originated in Monteon, or are that are still heavily practiced by the remaining people (be they the Mercs, or the immigrants to Medinei, or whatever)? How about the dueling styles of Staade?

There were several styles originating from Monteon, but if they practice them now, it's unknown. The people of Monteon, but especially the mercenaries, have a fair bit of bias against them. There are several styles that originate from Staade, but I don't believe any of them are in the game, however.

Would Mineta have any sort of ability to deal with a student who was not welcomed back at their home (all black sheep like) or who was an orphan without a home? I assume that while the Academagia might allow them to stay an extra week or two in each direction, they'd eventually be kicked off campus. Could a twelve year old rent a room at an inn (or a bed in a common area) for the season, or be taken in by an orphanage or hospice, or even rent themselves an apartment if they were some sort of fantastically wealthy orphan? Or would it be possible for them to work for food and board during the summer, be it at an inn or at any of those nice small places you can get jobs at throughout the game, or even at the Academagia? (Botany 10: 'I'm really good at pulling weeds now!')

Yes to all of these. It's conceivable that they may even be allowed to stay at the Academagia, in Capilutza, or at St. Huld's, but they would need to have made a very good impression and have an excellent reason.

What exactly is the Academagia Rimbal team? Reading over it, I get confused. I know there's a team that plays only regularly against other schools, that seems to be made of all Collages (I think Zorzi's fundraising for them). I know that there are also Collage teams, as lore has complaints about how the Hedi team was embarrassed by blah and how the Godina Rimbal team has been unusually horrible recently. Yet another event mentioned first year team playing against the second year team. Exactly how many Rimbal teams are there? Can students be on more then one?

There are Collegiate teams, and then there is also a University team. As far as I am aware, a Student may not simultaneously be on both teams- the usual progression is Collegiate to the University team.

How did Hedi get so lucky to never have been in a rivalry with any other collage? What's the secret?

;)

Is there any sort of list of what familiars are capable of speech in the first year?

I don't believe so, no. Good question! :)

...If you do help Girars or Llarina with their familiar problems, what happens to poor Percy and Heckitt? I've never done Girars adventure the full way through, but I know Llarina does get her talkingish monkey at the end. Will she start next year with two familiars? Unbind herself to Heckitt the way Pamela worries the PC will? I always felt bad doing that adventure...

I believe that both are replaced. It's not a pleasant thing for the Familiars, but both of these Students (or their families) are likely to look after them, if you feel better? :)

*Breaking this down so I can quote it for the world of academagia thread.*

1) What students come from Vilocia (and Staade, in particular)?

Yes, from Staade you have:

von Lutersee, Reitz

von Wetgen, Beatrix

von Zoedorf, Everwine

Pfeuffer, Caspar

From Vilocia, you have:

von Kiep, Rikildis

Henning, Kurt

2) Would Mineta have any sort of ability to deal with a student who was not welcomed back at their home (all black sheep like) or who was an orphan without a home? I assume that while the Academagia might allow them to stay an extra week or two in each direction, they'd eventually be kicked off campus. Could a twelve year old rent a room at an inn (or a bed in a common area) for the season, or be taken in by an orphanage or hospice, or even rent themselves an apartment if they were some sort of fantastically wealthy orphan? Or would it be possible for them to work for food and board during the summer, be it at an inn or at any of those nice small places you can get jobs at throughout the game, or even at the Academagia? (Botany 10: 'I'm really good at pulling weeds now!')

Yes to all of these. It's conceivable that they may even be allowed to stay at the Academagia, in Capilutza, or at St. Huld's, but they would need to have made a very good impression and have an excellent reason.

To what degree can ghosts affect their surrounding? In particular I'm interested in this with respect to Pamela.

If she can affect their environment how much control does she have over the affects and what is the mode in which she does so (i.e. can she make fine, detailed movements of objects and if so does she need to touch them and move them with here "hands", or just touch them with any part of her, or can she move objects at a distance)?

Thanks for the student origins!

There are at last 2 other ghosts that have a certain freedom where they can move at the Academagia grounds beside Pamela.

But I now wonder how many Ghosts are at the Academagia Grounds who realy have some freedoms where they go and are not limited to a certain place.